2 prime time games

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Call me biased but after looking at the schedule, I see 8-5 after 13 games. What our record ends up being depends on the last 3 games against the Eagles, Rams & 49ers. We could go 11-5, 10-6, 9-7 or 8-8? Depending on our record after 15 games, the game against the 49ers could be moved to Saturday prime time?

The other 2 prime time games are against the Cowboys on MNF in Dallas & a Thursday night game against the "Shehawks" in Seattle.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OLINE
OLINE
OLINE

If the Oline holds up and allows Kliff to run HIS OFFENSE I could maybe get on board. if we're still having to coach around it then it can go either way.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is “his offense” to you?
I personally believe the first month of the season offense was his offense. Now I did say at the time he needed to adjust and he did to the benefit of the team. On Cardinals Underground Wolfy said that when Kliff drafted Isabella/Butler he had envisioned something different for his offense when the season began. They began to question if Kliff still wants to run that offense he had intended when first hired.

I feel like 4 wide, uptempo is the offense...The difference being I think he had to keep more conservative because we didnt have the kind of protection to allow WRs to really win on certain routes down the field. Also if the Oline were more athletic (to be fair Cole and Jones helps with that assuming they earn the jobs) it helps with Kliffs set ups plays. Sometimes we run those quick hitters, screens, etc to set up the next play. However, when we only pick up a yard or two it doesnt really allow for him to keep the defense guessing like he'd want.

I think our level of explosiveness still depends on Kliffs trust in the Oline. Hopkins helps out a lot, but just dont know if we really see the big jump offensively until next year (unless the line really plays well)

Just my opinion though.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I personally believe the first month of the season offense was his offense. Now I did say at the time he needed to adjust and he did to the benefit of the team. On Cardinals Underground Wolfy said that when Kliff drafted Isabella/Butler he had envisioned something different for his offense when the season began. They began to question if Kliff still wants to run that offense he had intended when first hired.

I feel like 4 wide, uptempo is the offense...The difference being I think he had to keep more conservative because we didnt have the kind of protection to allow WRs to really win on certain routes down the field. Also if the Oline were more athletic (to be fair Cole and Jones helps with that assuming they earn the jobs) it helps with Kliffs set ups plays. Sometimes we run those quick hitters, screens, etc to set up the next play. However, when we only pick up a yard or two it doesnt really allow for him to keep the defense guessing like he'd want.

I think our level of explosiveness still depends on Kliffs trust in the Oline. Hopkins helps out a lot, but just dont know if we really see the big jump offensively until next year (unless the line really plays well)

Just my opinion though.
The thing is, we’re going to lead the league in 10 personnel/up tempo, but I guarantee it won’t be astronomically high like it was the 1st month of the season. What I noticed with Kliff is that he isn’t stubborn. I don’t think it was just the matter of having a lackluster OLine & WR, I think it also had to with becoming predictable. Even if we had the greatest OLine in history, there’s only so much you can do & call out of 10 personnel at such a high usage rate. That’s not being conservative, that’s being unpredictable.

I think his offense now is what it was from Weeks 5 - 17.

OP
OP
Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thing is, we’re going to lead the league in 10 personnel/up tempo, but I guarantee it won’t be astronomically high like it was the 1st month of the season. What I noticed with Kliff is that he isn’t stubborn. I don’t think it was just the matter of having a lackluster OLine & WR, I think it also had to with becoming predictable. Even if we had the greatest OLine in history, there’s only so much you can do & call out of 10 personnel at such a high usage rate. That’s not being conservative, that’s being unpredictable.

I think his offense now is what it was from Weeks 5 - 17.
I think you're spot on. The first few games in 2019 is the offense he ran at TT & wanted to see if it would work in the NFL? He didn't really have the right personnel to run it & as you said, it was predictable & only so much you can run out of 10 personnel. We led the league in 10 personnel at 33% I believe? Our OL doesn't wanna have to hold their blocks that long too often imo. I like balance, 12 personnel & 21 personnel, add the power game in with the 10 personnel & challenge defenses. There's so many plays KK can set up from power formations to use in 10 personnel. One play in particular from 11 personnel could be using Arnold as a TE, send him in motion, then have Drake leak out of the backfield & make the DB's cover 5 routes. I could go on & on but you get the point. I think you're right, we will still lead the league using 10 personnel in 2020 but it may be below 33%? KK has learned that balance is what works imo. He's a smart dude.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The Bucs get 5 Prime time games...NFL is gonna be bummed after the 2nd one when Brady's out because of Ariana no Riskit gets Brady flattened like a Biskit... that was bad but I tried lol

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bucs get 5 Prime time games...NFL is gonna be bummed after the 2nd one when Brady's out because of Ariana no Riskit gets Brady flattened like a Biskit... that was bad but I tried lol
I feel like brady on bucs will be like when favre on Vikings will improve bucs but not to the super bowl imho

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson