Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1-3 or 2-2 to finish the season.

I'll say a:
-L to San Fran
-W over Chicago
-L to Philly
-W over Seattle

At 5-12 I think they will drop to at least the 7th pick but end up as high as 11th (I also have Washington, Chicago, Las Vegas and Cincinnati winning 5 games and I'm not sure where the Cards would land as far as tie breakers).

Hard to predict the Texans pick. They will make the playoffs at this point. It's a shame because they're schedule will never be as easy as it is this season and honestly I think Stroud and the team are overachieving and will regress some next season.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1-3 or 2-2 to finish the season.

I'll say a:
-L to San Fran
-W over Chicago
-L to Philly
-W over Seattle

At 5-12 I think they will drop to at least the 7th pick but end up as high as 11th (I also have Washington, Chicago, Las Vegas and Cincinnati winning 5 games and I'm not sure where the Cards would land as far as tie breakers).

Hard to predict the Texans pick. They will make the playoffs at this point. It's a shame because they're schedule will never be as easy as it is this season and honestly I think Stroud and the team are overachieving and will regress some next season.
Houston could have EASILY lost 4 of their last 5 instead of winning 4 of their last 5.

-They beat Tampa on a last second drive where Tampa's D was atrocious.
-They eeked out a 3 point win against a Bengals team that didn't have Joe Burrow.
-We could have easily beat them but couldn't score that game to save our lives.
-Denver choked away an opportunity at the end of the game when Russ threw an unnecessary pick.

Credit to them, but they could very well be 3-10 instead of 7-5. They kind of feel like the 2022 Minnesota Vikings that went like 13-0 in one score games which is crazy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
0 and 4. If we beat da Bears we aren't drafting third in the first round. We drop to 5th or 6th based on strength of schedule and all the 4 win teams that probably won't win again like Wash, Chi, and BOTH NJ teams.

I would prefer stomping the Bears or losing narrowly. A close win is Pyrric victory imo.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
0 and 4. If we beat da Bears we aren't drafting third in the first round. We drop to 5th or 6th based on strength of schedule and all the 4 win teams that probably won't win again like Wash, Chi, and BOTH NJ teams.

I would prefer stomping the Bears or losing narrowly. A close win is Pyrric victory imo.
Thanks for teaching me a new phrase, "pyrric victory".

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston could have EASILY lost 4 of their last 5 instead of winning 4 of their last 5.

-They beat Tampa on a last second drive where Tampa's D was atrocious.
-They eeked out a 3 point win against a Bengals team that didn't have Joe Burrow.
-We could have easily beat them but couldn't score that game to save our lives.
-Denver choked away an opportunity at the end of the game when Russ threw an unnecessary pick.

Credit to them, but they could very well be 3-10 instead of 7-5. They kind of feel like the 2022 Minnesota Vikings that went like 13-0 in one score games which is crazy.
Bengals had Burrow when they played each other.

Can't you also say the same thing in reverse though? Like them losing on outlier Desmond Ridder drive against Atlanta? Everything going wrong and barely losing against Carolina? Suspect refereeing against Jacksonville?

They could be 10-2 just as much as 3-9.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Lets not fall in love with a prospect, guys.

I like MHJR A LOT too, but Nabers is also special and Odunze is great as well.
The only knock I have on Malik is that he is only 6
Foot... While MHJ and Odunze are 6'3" and 6'4" respectively.....in my mind it says the taller guys are better for jump balls.... But in reality Nabers might be the most athletic of the three

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bengals had Burrow when they played each other.

Can't you also say the same thing in reverse though? Like them losing on outlier Desmond Ridder drive against Atlanta? Everything going wrong and barely losing against Carolina? Suspect refereeing against Jacksonville?

They could be 10-2 just as much as 3-9.
You’re right, Burrow got injured the following week.

Again, I give them credit, but I will go on record predicting they have less success next year (even if it’s one less win than this year).

When I take into consideration that:

1) They are playing a 4th place schedule
2) More tape will be available on Stroud
3) They won’t get to play the NFC South next year

I think regression is fair to predict.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson