Week 1: Detroit Lions (0-0) @ Arizona Cardinals (0-0) Pregame thread. 08/30/19-09/07/2019

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of the timing and chemistry that the players build with each other is built on the practice field. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the offense is looking good right out of the gates.

Odds are against that. Practices are virtually never full speed anymore.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Odds are against that. Practices are virtually never full speed anymore.
They have said that they have been trying to practice at game speed. How that actually translates to week 1 we will see, but I am simply saying not to be surprised if things are clicking better than you expect right out of the gates.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Detroit will rely on Hockenson in the red zone to get Detroit their points. Swearinger may be faced with a very challenging afternoon.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get the feeling that Detroit will rely on Hockenson in the red zone to get Detroit their points. Swearinger may be faced with a very challenging afternoon.
I noticed Jesse James & Hockenson appeared to be main weapons against Bill's in preseason game 3.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lions 35
Cards 14

Too many holes on the defense and the Cardinal offensive line is horrid still.

But, if I'm wrong, I like my crow with a little siracha ketchup :)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I don’t think this will be a shootout at all. Most big bettors are pounding the under in this game. I have the spread as basically a pickem. I think it comes down to how the OLine picks up the blitz because the lions will give Murray zero time. I think Detroit wins 24-17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
TRW, I hope you are wrong (34-10), but if you are, there is no reason to eat crow. Because the truth is that WE HAVE NO IDEA how the game will play out. At least offensively. On defense, unfortunately, and based on the PS games, an argument can be made for giving up 34 points. So I hope you're wrong, but no reason to eat crow since we're all just guessing and hoping.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TRW, I hope you are wrong (34-10), but if you are, there is no reason to eat crow. Because the truth is that WE HAVE NO IDEA how the game will play out. At least offensively. On defense, unfortunately, and based on the PS games, an argument can be made for giving up 34 points. So I hope you're wrong, but no reason to eat crow since we're all just guessing and hoping.

I agree on the overall gist of what you're saying except basing anything on what we saw in the PS games. The D scares me mainly because both our starting corners are out. I'm confident the O will be fun to watch this season, but the Detroit D does scare me some. Over the 2nd half of last year, they improved dramatically. That holds more water than anything this PS appears to show. They will throw the kitchen sink at Murray. I think he'll make some great plays here and there, but way too hard to figure out if it'll be enough. I was never so disappointed as I was during last year's opener. I hope the opposite is true this year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on the overall gist of what you're saying except basing anything on what we saw in the PS games. The D scares me mainly because both our starting corners are out. I'm confident the O will be fun to watch this season, but the Detroit D does scare me some. Over the 2nd half of last year, they improved dramatically. That holds more water than anything this PS appears to show. They will throw the kitchen sink at Murray. I think he'll make some great plays here and there, but way too hard to figure out if it'll be enough. I was never so disappointed as I was during last year's opener. I hope the opposite is true this year.
I have no doubt Murray can dodge and outrun a kitchen sink...:). Seriously I think Murray will do okay. He’ll survive a couple of sacks but he will make the lions pay if they get too blitz happy.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
9/4/19, 11:23 AM
Some notes from Kingsbury press conference: He said team isn't sure Michael Crabtree will play Sunday. LB Haason Reddick will "be out there" but in what role, uncertain.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson