Detriot Lions defense has injury problems.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, *shrug*... they're not the problem. Bad coaching, bad personnel around them, etc.

I said it in another thread, but this is turning up our nose at the top sirloin when the best we've ever had is ground beef.
This would make sense if you were talking about Rivers(even though I find him overrated), but they’re certainly not elevating the so called “bad-personnel” they’ve had around them.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This would make sense if you were talking about Rivers(even though I find him overrated), but they’re certainly not elevating the so called “bad-personnel” they’ve had around them.
So Golden Tate didn't become a 1,000+ yard receiver after leaving Seattle (with Russell Wilson, everyone's closest comp to our guy) and going to Detroit? Marvin Jones with the best play of his career?

What Lions runningback has gone on to be decent anywhere at all? Reggie Bush had his best season playing with Matt Stafford, not Drew Brees.

Dalton is a little different, and I'm less bullish on him. But he's better than most of what we've had.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Golden Tate didn't become a 1,000+ yard receiver after leaving Seattle (with Russell Wilson, everyone's closest comp to our guy) and going to Detroit? Marvin Jones with the best play of his career?

What Lions runningback has gone on to be decent anywhere at all? Reggie Bush had his best season playing with Matt Stafford, not Drew Brees.

Dalton is a little different, and I'm less bullish on him. But he's better than most of what we've had.
Are you just not going to account for scheme? Going from a run-heavy offense to a pass-offense certainly didn’t help at all right?

Marvin Jones had to share the ball with a lethal AJ Green in Cincy. He didn’t/doesn’t have to share the ball with anyone of AJ’s caliber in Detroit.

Reggie Bush had one decent season with Detroit, & even then, Reggie Bush played a great part of helping Brees & Saints win the SB.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Lions made sneaky good decisions all offseason. Not to mention that Stafford will probably slice and dice our lack of bodies at CB.

I am very unsure why anyone would think this is an easy game. I'm going, but I don't think we're going to pull off the win.
You have season tickets? I will be out there September 29th for the Carson Palmer ROH game.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Are you just not going to account for scheme? Going from a run-heavy offense to a pass-offense certainly didn’t help at all right?

Marvin Jones had to share the ball with a lethal AJ Green in Cincy. He didn’t/doesn’t have to share the ball with anyone of AJ’s caliber in Detroit.

Reggie Bush had one decent season with Detroit, & even then, Reggie Bush played a great part of helping Brees & Saints win the SB.
It's different, sure, but there just hasn't been a lot of hope for Stafford from the run game or defense. I don't think any of that is solely scheme.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Plummer > Stafford. Yeah I said it

Oof. This take is extremely bad. Stafford is like the Stephon Marbury of the NFL — very good talent that got very rich playing on very bad teams.

For this thread, it’s hard to picture a 6-win season for the Cards that includes a loss to the Lions in a high-variance early season situation.

Also, the Lions are clearly the worst team in their division with maybe the worst coach.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Detroit being right there?

Not often, but when has it happened for us? We've won only two more games since Stafford started playing all games for them.

My entire point is just that if we had a QB with those stats for a decade, he would be better than any QB in Arizona Cardinals history. Our guys don't scrape his numbers.

The Cardinals have gone to an NFC Championship game since Stafford has been there.

The Lions have done diddly poo in their entire existence.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Detroit being right there?

Not often, but when has it happened for us? We've won only two more games since Stafford started playing all games for them.

My entire point is just that if we had a QB with those stats for a decade, he would be better than any QB in Arizona Cardinals history. Our guys don't scrape his numbers.

See this is why you like Cousins. And Stafford. And Dalton. Mediocre QBs can put up big numbers in this era, but do ANY of those three elevate their teams at all?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oof. This take is extremely bad. Stafford is like the Stephon Marbury of the NFL — very good talent that got very rich playing on very bad teams.

For this thread, it’s hard to picture a 6-win season for the Cards that includes a loss to the Lions in a high-variance early season situation.

Also, the Lions are clearly the worst team in their division with maybe the worst coach.

Plummer was just terrible.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't anymore. I intend to get them again someday, but it's been wearing on me to travel. I might try to come to that game though, would enjoy to share a beer with anyone!
Well when I get to Phoenix I will post something on here, where we are & my contact info. Would be cool to meet some of the posters on here. Come hangout with us either in downtown Phoenix or game day? Not arriving till Saturday September 28th.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't anymore. I intend to get them again someday, but it's been wearing on me to travel. I might try to come to that game though, would enjoy to share a beer with anyone!
We plan on partying in downtown Phoenix that Saturday night, staying at the Sheraton downtown, going to find a bar with a live band. 29th, day of the game we plan on partying either at the stadium outside or at a bar near there until game time. I'll post on here when we get there & we'll go from there. Can't wait to see Carson put in the ROH, that's one reason why I chose this game, the main reason. The secondary reason is because it's the "shehawks" & i can't stand them.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Matt Patricia is an incompetent coach who's trying and failing miserably to recapture the Pats magic in Detroit. They beat nobody of substance last year save for the Patriots, but that was the exception to the rule. They've added nobody of substance in the offseason save for maybe CJ Anderson, but knowing the Lions and their run game, he'll be underutilized. For such a defensive minded coach, Patricia sure has a garbage defense. The only intimidating name I see on defense is Darius Slay, but he's only one guy in a sea of nobodies. If we can't win this game, I don't see us having a winning season. That being said, I think we're gonna beat their asses.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Matt Patricia is an incompetent coach who's trying and failing miserably to recapture the Pats magic in Detroit. They beat nobody of substance last year save for the Patriots, but that was the exception to the rule. They've added nobody of substance in the offseason save for maybe CJ Anderson, but knowing the Lions and their run game, he'll be underutilized. For such a defensive minded coach, Patricia sure has a garbage defense. The only intimidating name I see on defense is Darius Slay, but he's only one guy in a sea of nobodies. If we can't win this game, I don't see us having a winning season. That being said, I think we're gonna beat their asses.

Trey Flowers
Mike Daniel's
Snacks

But yes I mostly agree.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
See this is why you like Cousins. And Stafford. And Dalton. Mediocre QBs can put up big numbers in this era, but do ANY of those three elevate their teams at all?
If mediocre QBs can put up big numbers in this era, why can't we find one?

I get it, Kurt was clutch in the most necessary moment for this team. But Palmer just barely won a single playoff game here, and spent most seasons injured when it mattered most.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
We plan on partying in downtown Phoenix that Saturday night, staying at the Sheraton downtown, going to find a bar with a live band. 29th, day of the game we plan on partying either at the stadium outside or at a bar near there until game time. I'll post on here when we get there & we'll go from there. Can't wait to see Carson put in the ROH, that's one reason why I chose this game, the main reason. The secondary reason is because it's the "shehawks" & i can't stand them.
There will be posters from here tailgating so they will tell you where they are and you can go visit a a bunch of them before the game, arrive early you'll have a blast

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I get it, Kurt was clutch in the most necessary moment for this team. But Palmer just barely won a single playoff game here, and spent most seasons injured when it mattered most.

And Palmer still achieved more than Stafford.

The Cardinals haven't been aggressive enough going after QBs.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

We did find one in Carson Palmer. Palmer was on pace for 4000+ yards when he got injured in 2017. He had 4200+ yards and 25 TDs in 2016.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We did find one in Carson Palmer. Palmer was on pace for 4000+ yards when he got injured in 2017. He had 4200+ yards and 25 TDs in 2016.
I know, I'm just talking about one who plays 16 games and isn't on the verge of retirement when we acquire him.

Again, I'd be over the moon if we had a Stafford for 10 years, because I could at least go into the season without a huge question mark at the league's most important position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson