Detriot Lions defense has injury problems.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He’s for damn sure not better than Kurt. Not even Carson.

I’m confused on how he wasn’t able to do that last year when it felt like every other QB did.
For the overall amount of time he has played for the franchise, he is. Longevity calculates into it all, at least in my opinion.

I don't want to diminish what Kurt did for us, but the fact of the matter is that he was only a full time starter in AZ for two years. I don't want to be too much of a stat *****, but Kurt only ever eclipsed the 4,000 yard mark twice. Stafford has done it 7 times, with comparable completion percentages.

Kurt wouldn't be in the HOF without the narrative of coming from such humble beginnings, and that playoff hot streak so many years after his first. But the numbers don't really back it up.

Career QB rating Warner = 93.7

Career QB rating Stafford = 88.4

Stafford is a little under-rated, and he's had a couple of really nice years.

But Warner is going to the HOF.

I'm purely talking about what he did in AZ. Being a great player for another team did us no good. Stafford has given his team 10 seasons, 8 without injury.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the overall amount of time he has played for the franchise, he is. Longevity calculates into it all, at least in my opinion.

I don't want to diminish what Kurt did for us, but the fact of the matter is that he was only a full time starter in AZ for two years. I don't want to be too much of a stat *****, but Kurt only ever eclipsed the 4,000 yard mark twice. Stafford has done it 7 times, with comparable completion percentages.

Kurt wouldn't be in the HOF without the narrative of coming from such humble beginnings, and that playoff hot streak so many years after his first. But the numbers don't really back it up.

I'm purely talking about what he did in AZ. Being a great player for another team did us no good. Stafford has given his team 10 seasons, 8 without injury.

In the 10 years he has been a Lion, how many playoff games has Stafford helped the Lions to win?

You must really like Andy Dalton as well. He has been with the Bengals forever as well.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

any playoff wins?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I gotcha. I'm just in the camp that wouldn't be surprised if Detroit is right there in the conversation for winning that division as we enter December.

And I just don't know what we are yet. There weren't a ton of highlights or lowlights in the preseason.

When has that happened?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In the 10 years he has been a Lion, how many playoff games has Stafford helped the Lions to win?
any playoff wins?
None, obviously, but when your team around you fails to show up, I have a hard time blaming him.

It seems like we seem to ignore how much of a team sport this is sometimes. The Lions are a dysfunctional franchise, it's not all on Stafford.

Go back and look at those teams/games and tell me if you really think putting Kurt Warner on them would have resulted in playoff progression for the Lions.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
When has that happened?
Detroit being right there?

Not often, but when has it happened for us? We've won only two more games since Stafford started playing all games for them.

My entire point is just that if we had a QB with those stats for a decade, he would be better than any QB in Arizona Cardinals history. Our guys don't scrape his numbers.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
One day, I hope to finally convince Solar that QBs like Stafford & Cousins are mediocre, sub-par QBs at best. One day.

You must be registered for see images attach
This franchise is the one that's had mediocre, sub-par QBs for 3 decades. The bar here is extraordinarily low.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
None, obviously, but when your team around you fails to show up, I have a hard time blaming him.

It seems like we seem to ignore how much of a team sport this is sometimes. The Lions are a dysfunctional franchise, it's not all on Stafford.

Go back and look at those teams/games and tell me if you really think putting Kurt Warner on them would have resulted in playoff progression for the Lions.

Warner came to the Cardinals, a crap franchise like the Lions, and Lead them to their only Super Bowl appearance. Look what happened to the Cardinals after Warner retired. They went right back into obscurity.

How many Pro-Bowls has Stafford made in his 10 years?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Still inconclusive at best

Warner's best year with us was 08. QB rating = 96.9

Stafford best year of his entire career was 2017 QB rating = 99.3

Could go with Palmer too. His best year in ARZ was 2015. QB rating = 104.6

But I'd still take Kurt over either MS or CP. The rules have been changed to favor the offense the last several years. KW did not have the benefit of that.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Warner came to the Cardinals, a crap franchise like the Lions, and Lead them to their only Super Bowl appearance. Look what happened to the Cardinals after Warner retired. They went right back into obscurity.

How many Pro-Bowls has Stafford made in his 10 years?
1. Exactly as many as Kurt had in his Arizona stint.

And... "obscurity?" We had our most winning season ever after Kurt left. Again, not diminishing what Kurt did for us. That year was amazing. But Stafford would have started here over any retread from another team if we had the opportunity to draft him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Our QB history doesn’t make their skill any less mediocre.

You like Andy Dalton too don’t you?
I don't love him, but the same argument applies. If Kyler puts up their kinds of numbers, we should be over the moon. I certainly will be.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Exactly as many as Kurt had in his Arizona stint.

And... "obscurity?" We had our most winning season ever after Kurt left. Again, not diminishing what Kurt did for us. That year was amazing. But Stafford would have started here over any retread from another team if we had the opportunity to draft him.

From 10 wins with Kurt to 5 wins after Kurt left. But I guess 5 wins feels like a winning season for the Lions.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Lol.. That does seem to be the trend on the board lately Zeno. Just crazy over-reactions.

With that said, it would really be nice to start the season with a W. It would be in such contrast to last year.
Lol that's true Zeno is spot on never see ME over react! .....with that said 0-1 and we're done for at least the next 6-7 years and we need to start over by firing everyone...then again if we win a 1-0 start means multiple Super Bowls and Murray MVPs for 5 years straight! .......

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
From 10 wins with Kurt to 5 wins after Kurt left. But I guess 5 wins feels like a winning season for the Lions.
None of the argument here is that Kurt Warner wasn't a great QB while we had him. Of course he was. It's just the overall timeline of the player and how they have affected their franchises over the course of a long time.

If I could pick one season of Warner at his top vs. one season of Stafford, of course I'd pick Kurt. If I had to pick knowing I'd get Warner for 5 years or Stafford for 10, I'd pick Stafford.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
God I hope not!

0-7 in the playoffs would be a total disaster!
Stafford's only played in three. Unless this is about Dalton. I'd rather get to the playoffs and lose than begin the year without any hope because our QB is too bad to even make it there.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stafford's only played in three. Unless this is about Dalton. I'd rather get to the playoffs and lose than begin the year without any hope because our QB is too bad to even make it there.

Three Playoff losses for Matt

Four Playoff losses for Andy

No playoff wins

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Three Playoff losses for Matt

Four Playoff losses for Andy

No playoff wins
Again, *shrug*... they're not the problem. Bad coaching, bad personnel around them, etc.

I said it in another thread, but this is turning up our nose at the top sirloin when the best we've ever had is ground beef.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison