Anyone else nervous about next Tuesday?

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just remember there being a TON of buzz about Wiggins and Parker that year. He definitely didn't help himself in the tournament, but the hype for Wiggins coming into that year was out of control.

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I recall Wiggins being seen as a franchise savior. He had enough residual hype that Minnesota gave him a massive contract even after it was pretty clear he was a disappointment.
Oh yeah it was. "Best prospect since LeBron" was said often. There was definitely more hype over Wiggins than Barrett. It might have been different if Zion wasn't in the picture.

Now, I am not saying that Wiggins was the better prospect. Barrett is, fairly convincingly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty nervous too... I really don't think we get lucky enough to get the 1st pick in back to back year, but we really need to stay in the top 3 to have a shot at the consolation prize in Morant who could be the missing piece at PG we've needed for years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah it was. "Best prospect since LeBron" was said often. There was definitely more hype over Wiggings than Barrett. It might have been different if Zion wasn't in the picture.

agreed. Wiggins came in SUPER HOT to college and was pretty good in college. People were going gaga over him even though I was always a little letdown from his one year, especially in the tournament where he disappeared.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wiggins 17.1ppg 5.9rpg 1.5apg 33mpg
Barrett 22.6ppg 7.6rpg 4.3apg 35mpg

Raw numbers are flawed but the difference is gargantuan.

Kind of irrelevant don't you think? Barrett handled the ball more and was a less efficient scorer on a slightly higher scoring team. Not really much room for comparison IMO but regardless, we were talking about hype or buzz or maybe scouting reports.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kind of irrelevant don't you think? Barrett handled the ball more and was a less efficient scorer on a slightly higher scoring team. Not really much room for comparison IMO but regardless, we were talking about hype or buzz or maybe scouting reports.
Barrett shot twice as many 3s and shot poorly which tanked his TS%

Otherwise Barrett was more efficient

Barretts jumper looks good though and had not been an issue on his scouting report prior.

I would also give Barrett a considerable edge because his father was a pro and Steve Nash is his godfather.
Prospects coming from basketball families usually do well.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barrett shot twice as many 3s and shot poorly which tanked his TS%

Otherwise Barrett was more efficient

Barretts jumper looks good though and had not been an issue on his scouting report prior.

I would also give Barrett a considerable edge because his father was a pro and Steve Nash is his godfather.
Prospects coming from basketball families usually do well.
Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew's father, was also an NBA player. I think they are even in that category. In fact, Mitchell Wiggins had a slightly more significant NBA career than Rowan Barrett.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am holding my breath from number 7 through number 4. We get into the top three and we have a tradeable pick. Then I want to see number three and number two with different team logos of course. That 7 through 4 spot is huge for me.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You're welcome.
If none of those other four teams gets called before pick 5 this is going to look like the correct order. It's probably just a random order for rehearsal, but it seems weird that they wouldn't just use the reverse standing for the rehearsal order?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If none of those other four teams gets called before pick 5 this is going to look like the correct order. It's probably just a random order for rehearsal, but it seems weird that they wouldn't just use the reverse standing for the rehearsal order?

I saw Suns at #1 and thought they might be repeating last year's order, which would make sense, but that seems to be a random order.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has the actual lottery been done already now? Not sure when they do that.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Right? Like why rehearse the Mavs and Bulls as 2 and #3?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Right? Like why rehearse the Mavs and Bulls as 2 and #3?
I mean it could easily be a completely random outcome from tankathon or something. Also it seems like it would be incredibly stupid for the NBA to be rehearsing the real order prior to the real thing. Too many chances for leaks.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean it could easily be a completely random outcome from tankathon or something.

hey Mark and Rachel bring up tankathon and go from there. Oh and update the slides on the big screen to go along with the tankathon results! Action!

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The selection of spots is earlier. The revealing of the results is live. Never has been a leak. The stuff everyone is posting is a rehearsal ESPN did before the live event earlier. Just a fun guess by ESPN.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The selection of spots is earlier. The revealing of the results is live. Never has been a leak. The stuff everyone is posting is a rehearsal ESPN did before the live event earlier. Just a fun guess by ESPN.

I agree this is almost definitely nothing...but Dikembe Mutombo arguably leaked the 76ers winning a couple years back. :)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Or a premonition :cheers:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson