The CBS mock draft writer has some explaining to do....

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, Allen is a beast. I think he's a safer and probably better pick than Bosa the more I read.

OP
OP
W

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
It would be helpful if you posted a direct link to your point....I have a lot of time on my hands, but not THAT much.

I was joking. The reasons that the guy gave for placing Allen #1 are the same points that I have been making on here for taking him over Bosa.
I have started to see Jeffrey Simmons climbing into the top 10 instead of the 20-25 range. I think that guy is gonna be a stud for someone. 2 players I would love to see sitting there at 33 are Hollywood Brown (27 to Oakland) Byron Murphy (29 to Chiefs). Another guy I would like to see at 33 is the West Virginia OT Cajuste.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is a video out showing Josh Allen sprinting on a treadmill as he prepares for the combine. It is amazing how fast he can move. He looks like a taller David Johnson when he runs.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting that this mock draft doesn't show a qb being drafted till the Bengals at #11. He has the Giants, Jags and Broncos all passing on Haskins. I don't see that happening.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Better fit? Bosa is good enough to thrive in any scheme, whereas you can't say the same about Allen. That's a HUGE reason to draft Bosa.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting that this mock draft doesn't show a qb being drafted till the Bengals at #11. He has the Giants, Jags and Broncos all passing on Haskins. I don't see that happening.
The market for the QB is likely to be wider than Giants, Jets and Broncs since one or more other teams may seek to trade up.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Should we take the best fit or the best player?
CW says BPA over need.

Most aggregious example of why drafting for need can bite you -

Coach Mac targeted draft picks who best fit tthe team's needs, culture etc. - so much so that he'd draft guys a round earlier than projected "to make sure he got them." Result: If you evaluated the club's overall talent-level over that 3 - 5 year period, it would be one-round less skilled than the NFL average.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Bosa is a great safe exciting pick - but I’m ok with a trade down because of chandler jones - I’m a BPA guy- but the front is stacked with DE

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson