Tie-Breakers for First Draft Pick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tell that to the Vikings, who just needed to beat the team currently holding the #1 overall pick to get into the playoffs. Something in this post whispers something about ignoring history and being doomed to repeat it.
Eeeeeeewexactly.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Wow, Cards +\- is almost the same as their ridiculously low PF on the season.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is a zero percent chance AZ wins next week. Zero. If the spread is under 20 put money down and recoup Christmas.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What incentive do any of the Cardinals have to even show up other than Larry?

Again the Hawks are a running team & that’s Big Reds #1 weakness & once it starts it’s a freaking crusher for this team.

It’s going to be ugly.

Is that really our number 1 weakness??? Or is it the fact that our our offense rarely scores more than a decent offensive Baseball team?

Asking for a friend.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I stopped reading after the if we win over Seattle line. Not happening.

Yeah, I thought the same thing..... Then this kept ringing in my ears.......

Edit....Whatever Youtube... You know what play I'm talking about... McCown to Poole

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
I rarely post on the ASFN boards but I do read the posts a lot and agree with all of you- no way should AZ even want to win this game. Its been a horrible season and one more L gets us the coveted #1 pick in the NFL draft. That pick can be used (by selecting DE Bosa or a massive trade) to rebuild this franchise!

With that said lets discuss worst case scenario of the Cardinals winning in Seattle. Can we still obtain the #1 overall pick? What would need to happen? I really wanted to Seattle to lose last night to guarantee they would need a win next week but now I can see hem pulling their starters at some point in the game :(

Go Cardinals!
Tim in NJ

OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
I rarely post on the ASFN boards but I do read the posts a lot and agree with all of you- no way should AZ even want to win this game. Its been a horrible season and one more L gets us the coveted #1 pick in the NFL draft. That pick can be used (by selecting DE Bosa or a massive trade) to rebuild this franchise!

With that said lets discuss worst case scenario of the Cardinals winning in Seattle. Can we still obtain the #1 overall pick? What would need to happen? I really wanted to Seattle to lose last night to guarantee they would need a win next week but now I can see hem pulling their starters at some point in the game :(

Go Cardinals!
Tim in NJ

Even with a win over Seattle, we should still get the number one pick with wins by OAK, SF, and NYJ. We might still have it without a Jets’ loss but would need:

DEN over OAK (week 16)
DEN over LAC
TB over ATL
PHI over WSH
CLE over BAL
OAK over KC
SF over LAR

The first five of these are needed to give the Jets the SOS tie-breaker with 91.5 non-common wins over our 91, giving us the higher pick. Haven’t rechecked my math, though, so nothing official.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If we beat Seattle, we can still get the number one pick with wins by OAK, SF, and NYJ. I believe we can also get the number one pick with wins by OAK

Even with a win over Seattle, we should still get the number one pick with wins by OAK, SF, and NYJ. We might still have it without a Jets’ loss but would need:

DEN over OAK (week 16)
DEN over LAC
TB over ATL
PHI over WSH
CLE over BAL
OAK over KC
SF over LAR

The first five of these are needed to give the Jets the SOS tie-breaker with 91.5 non-common wins over our 91, giving us the higher pick. Haven’t rechecked my math, though, so nothing official.

We are in no danger of losing to Seattle.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Guys, Seattle wants to play the Cowboys not Bears or Rams. They have plenty of incentive to steamroll us early.

OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
The win by Oakland should have eliminated them from the number one pick.

I believe it also clinches the SOS tie-breaker for us over the Jets, giving the Jets the higher pick should we finish tied with them. We already have the SOS tie-breaker over San Francisco. I have it where we would be picking ahead of OAK and behind SF and/or NYJ should we finish tied.

To get the number one pick, I believe we need:

ARI loss/tie
OR
SF win/tie + NYJ win/tie

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we lose and IMO we will , we will get the first pick in every round. I like that.

I agree. There will be a lot of flexibility for the Cardinals to move around in the draft under this scenario and not just in the first round.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think now, even if we win, we get the #1 overall pick. Is that right?
No, that would go to SF unless they win as well.

Hilarious that SF fans are huge AZ fans Sunday.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Perfect year to trade back and stockpile picks, but that's probably not going to happen. Build the defense and O-line, and good things will happen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are in no danger of losing to Seattle.

I've seen too much in my lifetime to guarantee this, but I'm saying the rosary every night this week. I'll even buy a Seahawks hat to wear while saying the rosary. I'd feel better if Cinderella in glass slippers were starting in Seattle's backfield on Sunday.

OP
OP
TheCardinal

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
No, that would go to SF unless they win as well.

Hilarious that SF fans are huge AZ fans Sunday.

We would have to avoid the Jets too. If all four are tied, I think we are #3, Raiders #4. The Jets-49ers tie is not yet settled and can still go either way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson