47-FS: Tre Boston
48-SS: Antione Bethea
49-S: Budda Baker
50-S: Rudy Ford

51-K: Phil Dawson
52-P: Andy Lee
53-LS: Aaron Brewer

Other Bubble Players: A.Howard,S, Nichols, CB, Turner, S

The good: It looks like the 2018 version of the Arizona Cardinals is coming together. For a new regime they have a solid team, and have put together some depth at the positions. When Wilks talks about players separating you can see it on the field right now. The 53 that will start this season will consist of a vast, vast, vast majority of players that played in the 1st half of this game.

The depth guys like Rudy Ford, Hodges, Bene Benwikiere, Chase Edmunds, and Josh Rosen (yes he is the backup) are going to be valuable. I am starting to get on the bandwagon with this idea of a 1st team offensive line and a 2nd team offensive line. Right now I think Wetzel is a final 53 guy, and if he is taken out, somewhat earlier than he rest, like what happened in this game, for Kory Cunningham that is telling. It also says Cunningham is on the bubble as well. Will Holden looked a like a different player, he is still very much on the bubble, and is a borderline depth guy talent wise, just saying he didn't look like a highschool player this week.

Of course there is the obvious story that is Bradford, and Rosen looking good for their respective roles. Bradford was looking very efficient, and bring a game manager plus. Bradford can sling it down the field, but it is looking like he is being asked to, before anything, protect the ball, and not turn it over. It was kind of neat to see Bradford, Johnson, and Fitzgerald hit the field and show a polish QB,RB,WR combo, and then have Rosen, Edmunds, and Kirk come in and show potential while also reminding us they are rookies. While Edmunds had a highlight run last week, I like what he showed this week better. He can slam it up in the hole and get the 4 yd run. That is important in the NFL. Rosen showed off his arm strength, footwork, and accuracy, this game should have made fans feel better about Rosen being the QoF. Right now his problem looks like paralysis by analysis mixed with trying to do too much. Those are things he should get better at.

MOST of the defense looked good, most. It will be interesting to see what the defense looks like with Bynes and Bucannon in the line up.

The bad: Robert Nkimsoftee was front and center on the big runs to start the game. He got blown off the ball too much, and was trying to be a finesse player, and it was not working. It is going to be hard to sell that Nkimdiche should be out on the field before Olson Pierre.

Brandon Williams should be worried. Bene Bewekiere showed he can play on the outside, and the inside. There is no way you keep Williams over Rudy Ford, and Scott looked better than Williams and Christian Campbell. Campbell will make the team because he is a rookie and a player chosen by the new regime. And while he gives a good radio interview, Moats is a camp body, he looked lost at linebacker. Speaking of linebacker, Gerald Hodges is a key signing because, while Scoobey Wright is a good special teams player, he is a liability at MLB. Gardecki was ....meh. I think this will be a position that will be filled with post-preseason cuts, and if Gerald Hodges can play inside and outside, I could see the Cardinals starting the year with 5 linebackers,with Hodges being the swing player, and another player who I think would be Scoobey Wright or someone they can find better.

The final game of the preseason will be Sunday night against the Cowpiles, who should rot in hell of course.

Since there was very little change from game 1 to game 2, I suspect there will be some "final decisions" when it comes to the final 53, and more importantly solidify the active 45 going into week 1.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I did not realize Brandon Williams is a good special teamer. This according to Jess Root of CardsWire. So he may make the 53 after all.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think we could potentially just carry Bradford and Rosen at QB and put Kanoff on practice squad. I doubt anyone will be clamoring to put the guy on their active roster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Logan-KR?

Also wasn't sure why #s 33,34 & 35 are written in bold letters??

Not sure I want to ever see Munyer or Wetzel see a snap all season

Nice write-up. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I did not realize Brandon Williams is a good special teamer. This according to Jess Root of CardsWire. So he may make the 53 after all.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

I mean, he PLAYS special teams. Don’t think he’s GOOD at it. He plays 52% of special teams snaps last year; does anyone here remember a single one?

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The final game of the preseason will be Sunday nightagainst the Cowpiles, who should rot in hell of course.

?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The final game of the preseason will be Sunday nightagainst the Cowpiles, who should rot in hell of course.

?

I think he means the 4th game against the broncos is pointless as 3 and 4th stringers play 80% + of the game, which I agree with. I can't really think of one 4th preseason game where I actually learned anything about the team that mattered.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think he means the 4th game against the broncos is pointless as 3 and 4th stringers play 80% + of the game, which I agree with. I can't really think of one 4th preseason game where I actually learned anything about the team that mattered.

I missed the first home preseason game and need to miss the home opener (both for work) -- I'm actually looking forward to the 4th preseason game!! :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
1-QB: Sam Bradford
2-QB: Josh Rosen
3-QB: Mike Glennon/Kanoff

4-HB: David Johnson
5-HB: Chase Edmonds
6-HB: DJ Foster
7-HB: TJ Logan

8-FB: Derrick Coleman

9-WR: Larry Fitzgerald
10-WR: Brice Butler
11-WR: Chad William
12-WR: Christian Kirk (PR)
13-WR: Little/Sherfield/Tolliver/Nelson

14-TE: Rickey Seals-Jones
15-TE: Holmes
16-TE: Vollert
17-TE: Williams/(Gresham)

18-LT: DJ Humphries
19-LG: Mike Iupati
20-OC: Mason Cole
21-RG: Justin Pugh
22-RT: Andre Smith

23-OT: John Wetzel
24-OT: Will Holden
25-OG: Allen
26-OG: Evan Boehm
27-OC: Daniel Munyer

28-DT: Corey Peters
29-DT: Robert Nkimdiche
30-DT: Olsen Pierre
31-DT: Rodney Gunter

32-DE: Chandler Jones
33-DE: Mayowa
34-DE: J.Smith
35-DE: Dora/(Marcus Golden)

36-OLB: (Deone Bucanon)
37-OLB: Haasan Reddick
38-OLB: Hodges
39-OLB: Gardecki

40-ILB: (Josh Bynes)
41-ILB: Scoobey Wright

42-CB: Patrick Peterson
43-CB: Jamar Taylor
44-CB: Bene Benwikiere
45-CB: Scott
47-CB: Chris Campbell

47-FS: Tre Boston
48-SS: Antione Bethea
49-S: Budda Baker
50-S: Rudy Ford

51-K: Phil Dawson
52-P: Andy Lee
53-LS: Aaron Brewer

Other Bubble Players: A.Howard,S, Nichols, CB, Turner, S

The good: It looks like the 2018 version of the Arizona Cardinals is coming together. For a new regime they have a solid team, and have put together some depth at the positions. When Wilks talks about players separating you can see it on the field right now. The 53 that will start this season will consist of a vast, vast, vast majority of players that played in the 1st half of this game.

The depth guys like Rudy Ford, Hodges, Bene Benwikiere, Chase Edmunds, and Josh Rosen (yes he is the backup) are going to be valuable. I am starting to get on the bandwagon with this idea of a 1st team offensive line and a 2nd team offensive line. Right now I think Wetzel is a final 53 guy, and if he is taken out, somewhat earlier than he rest, like what happened in this game, for Kory Cunningham that is telling. It also says Cunningham is on the bubble as well. Will Holden looked a like a different player, he is still very much on the bubble, and is a borderline depth guy talent wise, just saying he didn't look like a highschool player this week.

Of course there is the obvious story that is Bradford, and Rosen looking good for their respective roles. Bradford was looking very efficient, and bring a game manager plus. Bradford can sling it down the field, but it is looking like he is being asked to, before anything, protect the ball, and not turn it over. It was kind of neat to see Bradford, Johnson, and Fitzgerald hit the field and show a polish QB,RB,WR combo, and then have Rosen, Edmunds, and Kirk come in and show potential while also reminding us they are rookies. While Edmunds had a highlight run last week, I like what he showed this week better. He can slam it up in the hole and get the 4 yd run. That is important in the NFL. Rosen showed off his arm strength, footwork, and accuracy, this game should have made fans feel better about Rosen being the QoF. Right now his problem looks like paralysis by analysis mixed with trying to do too much. Those are things he should get better at.

MOST of the defense looked good, most. It will be interesting to see what the defense looks like with Bynes and Bucannon in the line up.

The bad: Robert Nkimsoftee was front and center on the big runs to start the game. He got blown off the ball too much, and was trying to be a finesse player, and it was not working. It is going to be hard to sell that Nkimdiche should be out on the field before Olson Pierre.

Brandon Williams should be worried. Bene Bewekiere showed he can play on the outside, and the inside. There is no way you keep Williams over Rudy Ford, and Scott looked better than Williams and Christian Campbell. Campbell will make the team because he is a rookie and a player chosen by the new regime. And while he gives a good radio interview, Moats is a camp body, he looked lost at linebacker. Speaking of linebacker, Gerald Hodges is a key signing because, while Scoobey Wright is a good special teams player, he is a liability at MLB. Gardecki was ....meh. I think this will be a position that will be filled with post-preseason cuts, and if Gerald Hodges can play inside and outside, I could see the Cardinals starting the year with 5 linebackers,with Hodges being the swing player, and another player who I think would be Scoobey Wright or someone they can find better.

The final game of the preseason will be Sunday night against the Cowpiles, who should rot in hell of course.

Since there was very little change from game 1 to game 2, I suspect there will be some "final decisions" when it comes to the final 53, and more importantly solidify the active 45 going into week 1.

IMO they wont keep ten olinemen...Boehm proved he can play center and guard while munyer proved he can play guard and bowl... to start the season I think they only keep three TE's with one holding a spot for Gresham... and that WR depth needs to have Tolliver in the keeper line..kid has 3 catches for 74 yds so far, has made catches in traffic....I think Kirk, Williams, and Tolliver are our future at the position.I think they may keep six,...with Nelson in the fold to stretch the defense,...Little and Sherfield are the odd men out...Little has potential but is playing like a rookie which cancels out his nfl experience.

sunday nights game should be interesting as we should get a healthy dose of one of the leagues best running attacks

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Good...
QB-Two vets and two rookies...Kanoff is squad eligible.
RB-All players who can catch the ball out of the backfield.
OL-It depends on health, but we can have a middle third ranked unit with these players.
CB-Good depth without considering Brandon Williams
S-Nice mix of youth and experience.

The Bad...
TE-Completely unproven group with Gresham still out.
DT-Peters is a solid player. I like Pierre more than most. Depth is concerning.
DE-Everything past Chandler Jones is a huge question mark.
LB-Bad vs run. Starters and depth is questionable.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Glennon is risking his job if he isn't ready for the game against the Cowboys.

Brandon Williams will be a ST player, but if a Rookie shows more than him at the ST position, he will be out.

We might only keep 9 O-line player

Butler didn't practice, isn't a great WR and has no chemistry with any QB so if he isn't ready before the cuts, he might risk getting cut if Kirk, Williams and Toliever and JJ Nelson will get his spot just because he will abuse CB that are slow and get his PI (and yes he isn't the best catcher but at least average and that is too risky for most CB they will try to stop him before he gets his TD)
So Fitz, Kirk, Williams, Toliever, Nelson makes it 5 and I don't see Little making the team either.

I think we will keep 2 FB but that is my feeling for now, our Oline isn't good at the right side so we need the FB help to get a running game going, both DJ and Edmunds average below 4 yards per run, that isn't going to cut it so we need the FB help to get our running game startet.

On D I agree, I'm only thinking about our preseason Champ Capi Chap ... don't know if he would be worth it to put him on the 53 man rooster and train him on ST ... he shows that he wants to play...

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Because the 4th preseason game is meaningless.

I consider the game important for filling out the roster. I get only one or two slots will be decided by individual performances but it sets the bar for churning the bottom of the roster with cut players from other teams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I consider the game important for filling out the roster. I get only one or two slots will be decided by individual performances but it sets the bar for churning the bottom of the roster with cut players from other teams.

Nothing gets decided in the 4th preseason game. The coaches know who's making the roster. They don't even really have time to review the film. At most, they're just working out/refining internal processes for playcalling, transitions, etc.

They also take an opportunity to do individual coaching and set the guys who won't make the roster up for success, but if you expect to learn anything, at all, about the 2018 Arizona Cardinals in the 4th preseason game, you're in for disappointment.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nothing gets decided in the 4th preseason game. The coaches know who's making the roster. They don't even really have time to review the film. At most, they're just working out/refining internal processes for playcalling, transitions, etc.

They also take an opportunity to do individual coaching and set the guys who won't make the roster up for success, but if you expect to learn anything, at all, about the 2018 Arizona Cardinals in the 4th preseason game, you're in for disappointment.

I believe they use the game tape to determine who might be brought back for openings on the PS during the year.