Arizona Diamondbacks off season thread 2017-2018

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
'Glad they got on board with most of the league.
Back in 73 I was in the 1st row 3rd base side watching the Ranger and A's when my friend on my left said something to me and I turned to respond and got hit in the head with a line drive. I was my extremely dizzy but did not pass out. I don't remember which A's player hit it but back then they gave me a card for free beer the rest of the game.

On a side note my wife says "that explains a lot". :)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Shelby Miller won his arbitration case.. based on the last two stellar years, one would imagine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Back in 73 I was in the 1st row 3rd base side watching the Ranger and A's when my friend on my left said something to me and I turned to respond and got hit in the head with a line drive. I was my extremely dizzy but did not pass out. I don't remember which A's player hit it but back then they gave me a card for free beer the rest of the game.

On a side note my wife says "that explains a lot". :)
Once, at the BOB, my former wife and I were sitting a few rows back from the field, part way up the third base line, I was doing what I like to do at games -- spend a minute observing one player in the field to see how (if) he prepares himself for the pitch.

As my attention was on the left fielder, the batter hit a line drive which ricocheted off the back of the seat in front of my former wife and glanced off her knee. Luckily, she was OK. Of course, I was embarrassed because, as a lefty, my 1B mitt was on my right hand, right there, had I been watching the batter.

I got into the habit, by the way, because one time a buddy got us tickets and we sat way out in RF, right behind Reggie Sanders. I liked Reggie, but he had a bad habit. He was the only fielder who never crouched down as the pitcher delivered.

The first time I noticed it, sure enough, the batter hit the ball to Reggie's left and he made a half hearted attempt to get to it. It went right by him for a triple.

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can the DBacks increase payroll and still be profitable? It’s rather shocking that after the season AZ just had the team president came out and said “we won’t be higher than last year at opening day, this year”. Strike while the iron is hot.. a team like the DBacks build for this moment where the core of their team is cheap and in their prime, why not do a mini all in? The Rockies are taking the bull by the horns and clearly said “2nd wild card team isn’t enough for us” DBacks portray a message moreso or “we made the playoffs! Aren’t you guys excited? Now let’s cool off a bit, don’t wanna spend too much money”

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year, attendance was up 200K over what they had budgeted. So fans will respond to a good product. Every 100K of increased attendance nets the team (WAG here) minimum of $2 Million in additional revenue, likely higher considering all the money people spend WHILE there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson