What to do with old computers.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I need to dispose of some old family computers and am looking for ideas on how best to do that.

Is it safe just to remove the hard drives and recycle the rest of the machines? If so, is there a simple solution to connecting my current computer to the old hard drives, so I can read the files and store them somewhere else?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I need to dispose of some old family computers and am looking for ideas on how best to do that.

Is it safe just to remove the hard drives and recycle the rest of the machines? If so, is there a simple solution to connecting my current computer to the old hard drives, so I can read the files and store them somewhere else?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :)
There are USB adapters, docks, and enclosures. A simple dock or adapter to read and dispose of the drive. An enclosure to save and store the drive to read from any time.

Azstrut.org will take the computer and recycle or use it for their education program.

OP
OP
Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
There are USB adapters, docks, and enclosures. A simple dock or adapter to read and dispose of the drive. An enclosure to save and store the drive to read from any time.

Azstrut.org will take the computer and recycle or use it for their education program.

Perfect. Thanks, Chaz! :)