NFL article: Whisenhunt fired for failing to protect QB's

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Please! He's fired because he doesn't win games. The team has shown NO improvement since he took over.
No tears here...he's rich and still gets paid for the remaining years.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ya'll show no respect for a coach who took us to the SB. I don't even care how you think we got there, that's a fact. You'll turn on BA too when he's done. Just like you turn on any player or coach who doesn't work out the way you imagine in your dreams.

He changed this franchise and deserves respect for that. He gave Michael Bidwill a taste of success, and it was sweet.

You laugh at the system works, but some of you are no different. Bash on players and coaches who are gone and praise some of the crappiest players on our roster (DWash and others) simply because they're current Cardinals.

Some of you sicken me. Especially those of you with nothing but sarcasm, with your system works garbage. That's lazy ****.

His record is better than BA's. Whisenhunt won playoff games, took us to a SB. But you don't care about that. You'd rather laugh, tee-hee, how funny, when BA rips his own players. Doesn't make a great coach. BA hasn't won squat with us so far. Hope that changes, but it is what it is.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Ya'll show no respect for a coach who took us to the SB. I don't even care how you think we got there, that's a fact. You'll turn on BA too when he's done. Just like you turn on any player or coach who doesn't work out the way you imagine in your dreams.

He changed this franchise and deserves respect for that.

You laugh at the system works, but some of you are no different. Bash on players and coaches who are gone and praise some of the crappiest players on our roster (DWash and others) simply because they're current Cardinals.

Some of you sicken me. Especially those of you with nothing but sarcasm, with your system works garbage.

His record is better than BA's. Whisenhunt won playoff games, took us to a SB. But you don't care about that. You'd rather laugh, tee-hee, how funny, when BA rips his own players. Doesn't make a great coach. BA hasn't won squat with us so far. Hope that changes, but it is what it is.

BA's Record: 36-16 (27-13 in AZ)

Whiz's Record: 48-71 (45-51 in AZ)

How is that better?

Heres some other facts for you to consider about Ken:

• 4-31 in his last 35 games
  • Five straight years with a six plus game losing streak
  • 21-50 without Kurt Warner (actually worse if you count the games Warner missed/didn't start in 2007 and 2009)

Yes he did coach a team to the super bowl but its pretty clear that he is probably the worst coach (Jim Caldwell and a few others have an argument) to ever coach a team to a super bowl and Warner, Fitz, Haley, a weak division and Conference, etc had more to do with the playoff run than he did.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score

He changed this franchise and deserves respect for that. He gave Michael Bidwill a taste of success, and it was sweet.

Some of you sicken me. Especially those of you with nothing but sarcasm, with your system works garbage. That's lazy ****.

So, what are you trying to say?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BA's Record: 36-16 (27-13 in AZ)

Whiz's Record: 48-71 (45-51 in AZ)

How is that better?

Heres some other facts for you to consider about Ken:

• 4-31 in his last 35 games
  • Five straight years with a six plus game losing streak
  • 21-50 without Kurt Warner (actually worse if you count the games Warner missed/didn't start in 2007 and 2009)

Yes he did coach a team to the super bowl but its pretty clear that he is probably the worst coach (Jim Caldwell and a few others have an argument) to ever coach a team to a super bowl and Warner, Fitz, Haley, a weak division and Conference, etc had more to do with the playoff run than he did.

Playoffs and superbowls are all I care about. How many playoffs has BA won with us? How many SBs? I don't care about regular season wins and no playoff wins. If I did I'd be a Cincinnati fan.

Keep on spewing, the facts don't lie. Like I said, it is what it is.

And starting a sentence with "Yes, he did coach us to a superbowl but.." doesn't hold water man. Facts are what they are.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, what are you trying to say?

Fair question, I just think he deserves more respect than to be ridiculed. He made Cardinal football both exciting, in the beginning, and agonizing, at the end. No coach is perfect. I'm merely saying he deserves respect for what he did early on here. He doesn't deserve the ridicule and derision. I appreciate and cherish what he brought me as a fan, after an extremely long wait.

He did a difficult job here, it's not like he took over a winning franchise. I think people ignore how bad we sucked prior to him. He did change the culture and I bet Michael B would admit that.

Last edited:

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Playoffs and superbowls are all I care about. How many playoffs has BA won with us? How many SBs? I don't care about regular season wins and no playoff wins. If I did I'd be a Cincinnati fan.

Keep on spewing, the facts don't lie. Like I said, it is what it is.

And starting a sentence with "Yes, he did coach us to a superbowl but.." doesn't hold water man. Facts are what they are.

But your first post makes it sound like he is a better coach than Arians which is not true.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But your first post makes it sound like he is a better coach than Arians which is not true.

Not at all, and I don't believe that. But results matter. People do get hung up on process (the system works) rather than results though.

Some fans love new shiny things, and disparage their old toys. That's a bad habit on here.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Darkside on this. I never was a big Whizenhunt guy but I admired what he did for the franchise. Yeah, it ended badly, but how any Card fan can continue to make fun of and deride him so stridently just burns me.

Let it go, for crissakes.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So what if fans do? Players and coaches don't play or coach for the fans. It's 2015 99% of them come and go where the money and fame takes them.

You're right about the system works being lazy. I'm glad I don't have to hear him answer every question with that response.

He did pick Warner over Matt. But he stuck us with moxie and swagger. They ride the wave therefor so do I. Hell I'm waiting to see if the Badger get's a new deal before I buy his jersey. If not piss on him too.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

. You can't just rest on a Super Bowl Appearance...performing at a high level at a job once is not enough to mitigate consistent garbage. He is what he is: An excellent coordinator, but a bad coach who caught lightning in a bottle...once. Maybe you should reexamine your view instead.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're right about the system works being lazy. I'm glad I don't have to hear him answer every question with that response.

This is awesome, love how you flipped it to be equally true.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
. You can't just rest on a Super Bowl Appearance...performing at a high level at a job once is not enough to mitigate consistent garbage. He is what he is: An excellent coordinator, but a bad coach who caught lightning in a bottle...once. Maybe you should reexamine your view instead.

You didn't convince me to re-examine anything. It's not just the SB. He won playoff games. Until BA wins even 1 playoff game with us I'll stick with my argument.

I'm just saying he deserves respect. Not even that really, I'm just saying he doesn't deserve to be derided. You can't even do that.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd take Norv every day of the week over Whiz, at this point.

What hapless franchises did Norv resurrect as head coach again, please refresh my memory? I must have been mistaken in thinking he coached some of the winningest football franchises at the time. Didn't realize he was such a guru, I'd love for you to enlighten me.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

No. Warner caught lightning in a bottle with some help from his teammates

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whiz is a good coach with a 3-foot Achilles heel and he refuses to do anything different to protect that vulnerability.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
What hapless franchises did Norv resurrect as head coach again, please refresh my memory? I must have been mistaken in thinking he coached some of the winningest football franchises at the time. Didn't realize he was such a guru, I'd love for you to enlighten me.

First of all, I don't know who pee'd in your Cheerios, but it wasn't me. 2nd of all, the title of the thread, and related article, stated that Whiz's inability to protect his QB's lead to his firing...3rd of all, I think I saw Norv Turners name come up in a post on this thread. Soooooo...with all of that, I'm simply stating that based on not getting QB's killed, I'd pick Norv Turner today, over Whiz.

Is that satisfactory enough for you?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with Darkside on this. I never was a big Whizenhunt guy but I admired what he did for the franchise. Yeah, it ended badly, but how any Card fan can continue to make fun of and deride him so stridently just burns me.

Let it go, for crissakes.

Agreed. No one can take away the fact he got us to the playoffs two years in a row and we WON playoff games in both seasons. Obviously, we came within a whisker of a Lombardi.....

So, until Arians, or someone else, gets the Cards to the Super Bowl, Whisenhunt is the best coach we have had. BTW, I used to say the exact same thing about Tobin, until Whisenhunt topped him.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agreed. No one can take away the fact he got us to the playoffs two years in a row and we WON playoff games in both seasons. Obviously, we came within a whisker of a Lombardi.....

So, until Arians, or someone else, gets the Cards to the Super Bowl, Whisenhunt is the best coach we have had. BTW, I used to say the exact same thing about Tobin, until Whisenhunt topped him.

Remember the similar argument on this board when Whiz started having success in AZ and was compared to Tobin, who, at the time, had taken AZ to it's only playoff berth and victory?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson