2014 Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Arizona

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this.. About two hours away.. Doubt the roof will be open. Cold rainy day today..

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go Boise St. Really want to see how their running back does today.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! Absolutely no defense by az. Guess no offense either. Seems like az doesn't want to be there

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anu justified why RichRod is opening up the QB competition next off season. Made at least one devastating decision on each drive. Sack at the end was icing on the cake.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Anu's numbers are deceiving. He doesn't look like a D1 QB at times. It really speaks to RR abilities as an offensive guru to score points with the Denker/Solomon caliber of talents.

TJ

Reaction score
Anu's numbers are deceiving. He doesn't look like a D1 QB at times. It really speaks to RR abilities as an offensive guru to score points with the Denker/Solomon caliber of talents.

Denker is proof that RichRod can make anyone a productive QB in college football; whereas, Anu actually has natural talent.

Don't get me wrong, Anu is still a really good QB and probably the best RichRod has had since Pat White. At times, he looks like a legit Heisman Trophy candidate, and then other times, he looks overwhelmed by the moment and makes bad decisions.

If he can work on getting rid of the ball when the play is hopeless, he'll be a top 3 QB in the conference. I think people, including myself, need to remember is that he's just a freshman.

I think Anu remains the starter moving forward despite the competition.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frankly, I am kind of surprised that Arizona lost its bowl game to mid-major Boise State, who had previously lost to Air Force.

Reminds me of the Holiday Bowl last year, post Pac 12 Title Game let down. Arizona just did not come out ready to play, falling behind 21 nothing. Boise State was fired up and ready to go, Arizona was not.

Sure, Solomon did not have a good game, but he wasn't playing defense either. Boise State was scoring at will early on. If he can improve his decision making and ball security, which you would expect any freshman to do, he is going to be a pretty tough QB to deal with going forward.

With ASU finishing 10-3, U of A at 10-4, it will be interesting to see how the final rankings end up. Both schools having solid years, U of A winning the Terr. Cup, but losing its last 2 games.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Frankly, I am kind of surprised that Arizona lost its bowl game to mid-major Boise State, who had previously lost to Air Force.
And you lost to us, so what does that make ASU?

Rough ending to the season but at the end of the day if you told me 10-4 with a Fiesta Bowl appearance and wins over the likely national champion and ASU I would have taken it any day of the week.

TJ

Reaction score

Reminds me of the Holiday Bowl last year, post Pac 12 Title Game let down. Arizona just did not come out ready to play, falling behind 21 nothing. Boise State was fired up and ready to go, Arizona was not.

Sure, Solomon did not have a good game, but he wasn't playing defense either. Boise State was scoring at will early on. If he can improve his decision making and ball security, which you would expect any freshman to do, he is going to be a pretty tough QB to deal with going forward.

With ASU finishing 10-3, U of A at 10-4, it will be interesting to see how the final rankings end up. Both schools having solid years, U of A winning the Terr. Cup, but losing its last 2 games.

BSU played 8 games against bowl teams. MWC or not, they're still a very good team. Had Anu made 2 less boneheaded decisions, or had the defense showed up before the 2nd quarter, we're talking about something different.

Honestly, the rankings don't matter. One team won the PAC South, beat its rival, and played in a major bowl, while the other took 3rd and was shipped to El Paso. I would say the former had unarguably the better season.

Last edited:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And you lost to us, so what does that make ASU?

Heading in the right direction, that's what.
ASU has beat U of A 2 out of the last 3, so we feel pretty good going into next year, especially having won our bowl game, instead of losing two straight.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Heading in the right direction, that's what.
ASU has beat U of A 2 out of the last 3, so we feel pretty good going into next year, especially having won our bowl game, instead of losing two straight.

Yeah, you should feel really good about just crushing a scary football Titan like Duke.. Bragging about that is like giving out participation ribbons to everyone that didn't place

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson