2014 Fiesta Bowl: Boise St vs Arizona

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Heading in the right direction, that's what.
ASU has beat U of A 2 out of the last 3, so we feel pretty good going into next year, especially having won our bowl game, instead of losing two straight.
I'm confused. ASU went 10-2 and won the South but lost their last two games in embarrassing fashion yet that led to an entire offseason of brash cockiness, chest-pounding, and delusions of grandeur from average Devil fan. However when Arizona does basically the exact same thing it must mean an inevitable fall from grace for the Cats.

Just wanted to make sure that's right.

And PS - you lost to Oregon State a little over a month ago.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I stand by what I said. I can't speak for your "average Devil Fan". Nothing wrong with what I said, its all spot on folks. We are looking forward to next season, should be a great year for ASU fans.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I stand by what I said. I can't speak for your "average Devil Fan". Nothing wrong with what I said, its all spot on folks. We are looking forward to next season, should be a great year for ASU fans.

Yeah another meaningless bowl game to look forward to for you guys just like every year. Should be awesome.

I mean this in all sincerity, I have no idea how or why ASU fans have these delusions of grandeur after accomplishing nothing for almost two decades. Its an irrelevant football program. And I should know, mine unfortunately is too.

TimurT1990

Rookie
Reaction score
What's all this smack talk from ASU fans about?

I have been reading all year how they were going to pummel us into the ground in the Territorial Cup. We all know what happened there...

I swear, I've heard every shameless explanation from these guys.

"We don't give two craps about basketball; we're a football school." Being terrible at one sport doesn't automatically make you a football school.
"The sky's the limit with our football program." Repeating this phrase every year doesn't make the statement true. They're just empty words now.
"You may have won this year, but we've won the last two out of three." True. Except why stop there? Out of the last four, we're tied up. Hell, out of the last seven games, UA has the better record. It's easy to manipulate statistics to make some weak point. Sure, I get it...what you are trying to do is only reference Graham's time as coach. Except, the problem is, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. In fact, you could interpret the flimsy sample size of three as an indication that the program is beginning to regress. See what I mean?
"We have tradition on our side. We have a better head-to-head record since we've been named ASU." True, except if you wish to reference tradition, please don't conveniently wipe yours away. Naturally, I'll surrender to this statistic as long as you change ASU's founded date to 1958. It only seems fair, after all.

You see, it's all very ridiculous.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL, you guys are hilarious. Kind of funny that you get so upset about some pretty mild comments. Looking forward to another great game next year.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ah, the old "why are you so upset" reply...

https://images.fnews.com/416/416277/rich-rodriguezs-struggle-is-real-in-the-fiesta-bowl_1.jpg

You must be registered for see images

Lately, Arizona's Rich Rodriguez has fans riled.

"His at times frenzied (at one point he was actually shaking with rage) and almost berserk outbursts were inexcusable and clearly about the coach and not about helping his players," said a letter published in the Arizona Daily Star recently.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...g-rich-rodriguez-has-fans-attention/21235233/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave