Nick Sirianni

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a thread on the guy already, but I didn't see anything on the front page.

With last night's big loss, and his obvious ties to our coaching staff, does anyone see a role for him on our team if he's fired? Would working for Gannon only one year removed from the Super Bowl be too much? What about the rest of the staff?

Alternatively does this make anyone doubt the way we do things from a coaching perspective now? I'm not really there, but the thought does cross my mind. Gannon's been very vocal about the influence Sirianni had on him.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
Eagles key free agents this off-season: DT Fletcher Cox, DE Brandon Graham, RB D'Andre Swift, WR Quez Watkins, G Iosua Opeta, LB Nicholas Morrow, LB Zach Cunningham, LB Shaquille Leonard, CB Bradley Roby, WR Olamide Zaccheaus, RB Boston Scott, QB Marcus Mariota, WR Julio Jones, OT Jack Driscoll, RB Rashaad Penny, P Braden Mann.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
Eagles key free agents this off-season: DT Fletcher Cox, DE Brandon Graham, RB D'Andre Swift, WR Quez Watkins, G Iosua Opeta, LB Nicholas Morrow, LB Zach Cunningham, LB Shaquille Leonard, CB Bradley Roby, WR Olamide Zaccheaus, RB Boston Scott, QB Marcus Mariota, WR Julio Jones, OT Jack Driscoll, RB Rashaad Penny, P Braden Mann.
None of those names really excite me. Most of the big name guys are on the backside of their careers

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure if there's a thread on the guy already, but I didn't see anything on the front page.

With last night's big loss, and his obvious ties to our coaching staff, does anyone see a role for him on our team if he's fired? Would working for Gannon only one year removed from the Super Bowl be too much? What about the rest of the staff?

Alternatively does this make anyone doubt the way we do things from a coaching perspective now? I'm not really there, but the thought does cross my mind. Gannon's been very vocal about the influence Sirianni had on him.
Good coaches do get fired for various reasons. It’s not necessarily a reflection on their ability.

I don’t know enough about the Eagles to say what went wrong with them, but is it coaching, or just an aging team?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good coaches do get fired for various reasons. It’s not necessarily a reflection on their ability.

I don’t know enough about the Eagles to say what went wrong with them, but is it coaching, or just an aging team?
They can't tackle anyone.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

They lost a ton of free agents last offseason along with their coaching staff. Their off-ball linebackers were bad and their secondary all got old at once.

Also I think Hurts was secret injured most of the year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Siriani looks extremely sleep deprived. I’ve never seen him with such dark circles under his eyes. That being said, I do not believe he’s in any trouble whatsoever. The Eagles lost two very good coordinators after the SB, and there’s no doubt that Rallis would be their DC today if not for JG snatching him up. And seeing what Steichen did in Indy, there’s no one questioning just how good he is. The Eagles were very fortunate last year in the injury side also. I remember they were saying that like 21 of their 22 starters in the SB were their opening day starters also. That’s just insane. And this year, the injury bug reversed itself for them. As much as I DESPISE the Iggles, and I do hate them, they are a well run franchise top to bottom. They definitely have a slight rebuild ahead of them, but in the fraudulent NFCE, they can still remain competitive to a certain extent. I had the Eagles going 9-8 this year, so none of what happened surprised me. It was the 10-1 start that had me stumped.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Siriani looks extremely sleep deprived. I’ve never seen him with such dark circles under his eyes. That being said, I do not believe he’s in any trouble whatsoever. The Eagles lost two very good coordinators after the SB, and there’s no doubt that Rallis would be their DC today if not for JG snatching him up. And seeing what Steichen did in Indy, there’s no one questioning just how good he is. The Eagles were very fortunate last year in the injury side also. I remember they were saying that like 21 of their 22 starters in the SB were their opening day starters also. That’s just insane. And this year, the injury bug reversed itself for them. As much as I DESPISE the Iggles, and I do hate them, they are a well run franchise top to bottom. They definitely have a slight rebuild ahead of them, but in the fraudulent NFCE, they can still remain competitive to a certain extent. I had the Eagles going 9-8 last year, so none of what happened surprised me. It was the 10-1 start that had me stumped.
One of the most underrated aspects of a successful coaching staff is developing position coaches to be able to takeover coordinator jobs when you inevitably have coordinators find HC jobs.

Siriani failed miserably to replace JG and Steichen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the most underrated aspects of a successful coaching staff is developing position coaches to be able to takeover coordinator jobs when you inevitably have coordinators find HC jobs.

Cannot argue that, but sometimes injuries are just too much to overcome regardless of what coaches are on the sideline. I don’t think the Eagles ever thought they would lose Rallis to the Cardinals.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Yea but in year 2 - to lose both coordinators?

Probably not enough time in this case.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He only had two years. I don't know how fair that is. It's not like he's Sean McVay.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard