This is the old Cardinals

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
What we are seeing today is the old pre-Warner Cardinals, Offensive can not score and the Defense can not stop anyone. Warner just camoflaged all the problems. The Cardinals need a "REAL" defensive coordinator, an offensive line coach and maybe a change of the complete coaching staff and a "REAL" GM.

Porter will end up being the worst FA signing of all time. B. Robinson should retire and Wilson should be traded, The money should have been given to Boldin.

Also, as usual, the defense will allow the Chargers running backs become all pros today.

The rest of the Western Division has by past the Cardinals in defense, we have the worst in the division.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Yes it is. No offense to speak of and absolutely putrid defense. A QB that wouldn't start for any other team in the league. Chargers may put up fifty points or more in this one.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
What we are seeing today is the old pre-Warner Cardinals, Offensive can not score and the Defense can not stop anyone. Warner just camoflaged all the problems. The Cardinals need a "REAL" defensive coordinator, an offensive line coach and maybe a change of the complete coaching staff and a "REAL" GM.

Porter will end up being the worst FA signing of all time. B. Robinson should retire and Wilson should be traded, The money should have been given to Boldin.

Also, as usual, the defense will allow the Chargers running backs become all pros today.

The rest of the Western Division has by past the Cardinals in defense, we have the worst in the division.

:lastweek::deadhorse: Whiz pushed his full set of chips ALL IN on D.A. and he LOST em all.A total rebuild is now in Billy B. & Ken Whiz' hands.A total review of coach's whether lifetime friends or not has to be made.Its a what have you done for me lately league and Grimm has been given the men he wanted and has recieved a (F)ailing grade.Time to move on.Hall of fame player or not.As an offensive lineman I see a horrible job ,as the players play and coaches coach will always come back.I don't see production with the same players and overpaid vet additions that messed up what little gell this offensive line once HAD protecting Kurt Warner.

This was all known before todays game was played.MAYBE Whiz will accept his fate.We will see.Sooner you start over the sooner we win the Super Bowl.The Rams have their QBOF and the whole team of scrubs are playing over their heads.Players played better when we had Kurt Warner as Field General.He caused other players to be better than they were.

Now we need to decide which rookie we hook up too.We have two very good ones.Luck from Stanford would be awesome to have to start with.

GOD BLESS ALL CARDINAL FANS EVERYWHERE.MAY PEACE BE BROUGHT TO THEIR BODIES!:newcards::thumbup:

Last edited:

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
We are challenging or worst team in the league at this point. I've watched other teams this season, and no others have looked this bad in three consecutive weeks win or lose.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are challenging or worst team in the league at this point. I've watched other teams this season, and no others have looked this bad in three consecutive weeks win or lose.
Detroit would blow the Cardinals out of the water and they are 0-4. That team could very easily be 3-1

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score

Challenging? we are streets ahead I've seen no one except possible Browns last year with DA in and the raiders last year look this bad

The defense just isn't interested

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
The Cardinals are down 410-89 yards at this writing, 61 yards lost in sacks, truly horrendous

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
193 yards of total offense, 3 points
429 yards given up by defense, 41 points

EDIT: Defense gave up 34 points... 7 were off a pick

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

No kidding. Again today we had to watch an offensive tackle block down on a guy already engaged by our Guard while the outside rusher goes unblocked straight to our QB. This has been going on for 4 years now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We're pretty damned putrid, no doubt about it. The one area that we are still vastly improved in is running the football. We have a pretty good YPC, but the problem is that our QB play is so bad that teams end up shutting that running game down because they have nothing else to defend.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
:lastweek::deadhorse: Whiz pushed his full set of chips ALL IN on D.A. and he LOST em all.A total rebuild is now in Billy B. & Ken Whiz' hands.A total review of coach's whether lifetime friends or not has to be made.Its a what have you done for me lately league and Grimm has been given the men he wanted and has recieved a (F)ailing grade.Time to move on.Hall of fame player or not.As an offensive lineman I see a horrible job ,as the players play and coaches coach will always come back.I don't see production with the same players and overpaid vet additions that messed up what little gell this offensive line once HAD protecting Kurt Warner.

This was all known before todays game was played.MAYBE Whiz will accept his fate.We will see.Sooner you start over the sooner we win the Super Bowl.The Rams have their QBOF and the whole team of scrubs are playing over their heads.Players played better when we had Kurt Warner as Field General.He caused other players to be better than they were.

Now we need to decide which rookie we hook up too.We have two very good ones.Luck from Stanford would be awesome to have to start with.

GOD BLESS ALL CARDINAL FANS EVERYWHERE.MAY PEACE BE BROUGHT TO THEIR BODIES!:newcards::thumbup:

Enough with the PAC10 QBS. Plummer, Leinart, Dee Anderson. Give another conference a chance.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
A agree with the "old Cardinals".

But the Cardinals lost a bunch of games with Warner at QB, and on the roster.

It wasn't until Whiz & Warner got together that things improved.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't buy that "old Cardinals" malarky - not for a minute.

Each season is a new one. Each team unique.

This team has been butt-awful. But each bad team's butt was ugly in its own unique and fascinating ways.

There was the 78 Club (78 yards per game avg. on the ground/78 sacks surrendered).

There were the bad DB years with Toastito and Tommy (Injury) Knight playing opposite Aeneaus.

And all those years without a pass rush or decent D-line.

And the Buddy years. And the Dennis years.

And on and on.

But we did make it to the playoffs two years in a row, and the FO and coaches appear to be doing the "right things" more often than not (for example, John Lott in the weight room and - despite our recent struggles - more quality depth throughout the roster)

When we tie everything up in a neat ribbon and blame ownership and coaching for a chronic problem with the culture, we do them and us a disservice by ignoring good policies and accomplishments - so they can at least build on them.

We are in a pickel this year, but it is a unique pickel with its own unique set of circumstances. By all means call out leadership for its bad decisions, but keep things real by recognizing some of the stuff they're doing right.

If you want, it would be quite acceptable to call us the Ugly New Cardinals; but not the "Old" Cardinals.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
When we tie everything up in a neat ribbon and blame ownership and coaching for a chronic problem with the culture, we do them and us a disservice by ignoring good policies and accomplishments - so they can at least build on them.

But football teams do have chronic problems or perennial successes. Sure you can say each team each season is unique but its been my experience that NFL football teams especially because they are a reflection of their ownership will have the same personality for years.

The Bears for instance had been a run/defense team for 40 years. The Cards have almost always been an offense oriented passing team with sub par defenses. The Steelers and Titans have been very similar for years.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A agree with the "old Cardinals".

But the Cardinals lost a bunch of games with Warner at QB, and on the roster.

It wasn't until Whiz & Warner got together that things improved.

Don't forget that the Cards also finally managed to get guys who could play on the roster and keep them there. We've talked before about how many players on that 2008 team had been with Arizona for a long time.

Now we've had wholesale turnover and we're paying the price for it. Like others said I hope it pays off in the long run.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Here's my question..

Porter was cut by the defense depleted Dolphins.

Derek Anderson couldn't maintain a job with the Browns... The BROWNS..

I appreciate optimism as much as the next guy, but you CAN'T tell me that there was overlying hope that these two had anything (or in Porter's case anything left).

Is it the "same old Cardinals"? Hard telling. I will say this though: no matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd. If you were expecting Porter and Anderson to fill the voids of Dansby and Warner, you deserve all the credit in the world for having such optimism.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I don't buy that "old Cardinals" malarky - not for a minute.

Each season is a new one. Each team unique.

This team has been butt-awful. But each bad team's butt was ugly in its own unique and fascinating ways.

There was the 78 Club (78 yards per game avg. on the ground/78 sacks surrendered).

There were the bad DB years with Toastito and Tommy (Injury) Knight playing opposite Aeneaus.

And all those years without a pass rush or decent D-line.

And the Buddy years. And the Dennis years.

And on and on.

But we did make it to the playoffs two years in a row, and the FO and coaches appear to be doing the "right things" more often than not (for example, John Lott in the weight room and - despite our recent struggles - more quality depth throughout the roster)

We are in a pickel this year, but it is a unique pickel with its own unique set of circumstances. By all means call out leadership for its bad decisions, but keep things real by recognizing some of the stuff they're doing right.

If you want, it would be quite acceptable to call us the Ugly New Cardinals; but not the "Old" Cardinals.

I agree, this coaching staff is better than McGinnis, Tobin, and "Buddy". I think that they are better and managing a game then Denny Green too.

I really do think that these guys deserve some patience in a transition season.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

In particular a new GM. This guy will likely never be fired as he appears to be a favorite of Bill Sr. He is there not because of his great ability as a GM. On most teams he would have been history years ago. Even today he seems to be like the Shadow. You never hear from him. He sure is not out front GM. We used to argue all the time where he really was the GM or not. We could not even agree on his correct title or responsibilities.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
On a bright note I thought the special teams did a good job Sunday.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I agree, this coaching staff is better than McGinnis, Tobin, and "Buddy". I think that they are better and managing a game then Denny Green too.

I really do think that these guys deserve some patience in a transition season.

There is one very important constant during all this period of time and well before that you cant ignore.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
This team has taken on Whiz's personality? We have once again yanked defeat from the jaws of victory on a biblical scale this season. Why couldn't he have followed the Matt plan consistantly with continuity like the other 31 teams in the NFL?

I feel like I'm held hostage as a fan? I never felt like that the first 20 years. I feel like Deuce, Lyle, Breaston feel as players? just because your related to the Cardinals family you must CARDINAL UP AND TAKE IT LIKE A FAN!

I will outlast Whiz like so many coaches, GM's and others before, Don't hope, Thesmel will be here now and forever. win, lose or draw. blind crippled or crazy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson