Guess who's interested in Matty????

Tony W

Ride it like u stole it!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Would you believe the whiners and Hags?????? Per Jurecki the Cards will not deal within the division.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you believe the whiners and Hags?????? Per Jurecki the Cards will not deal within the division.

The only reason not to deal him in the division is his knowledge of the Cards system. However.....i keep hearing he can't grasp the system and he sucks as a qb, so what are we afraid of?:)

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason not to deal him in the division is his knowledge of the Cards system. However.....i keep hearing he can't grasp the system and he sucks as a qb, so what are we afraid of?:)

Sharing the playbook?

Those teams both probably think if he can't be traded, he could just be waived and they have a chance of picking him up w/o compensation to the Cards.

From what I hear, Whitehurst is doing terrible in Seattle, and Carr is doing terrible in SF, so that is a possibility.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

The Whiners message board would go ballastic!

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Wait, wasn't it mentioned before that they tried to trade Matt to the Seahawks this off season but they weren't interested?

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
To what, replace Losman as #3? Too much $$ tied up in Whitehurst for me to think this rumor has any legs outside "Carroll coached Leinart, so he must be interested"

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To what, replace Losman as #3? Too much $$ tied up in Whitehurst for me to think this rumor has any legs outside "Carroll coached Leinart, so he must be interested"

Well that is a valid reason to think ML might go to Seattle. It is fairly common among coaches to do that. Just look at all the former Steelers the Cards have signed.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Sharing the playbook?

Those teams both probably think if he can't be traded, he could just be waived and they have a chance of picking him up w/o compensation to the Cards.

From what I hear, Whitehurst is doing terrible in Seattle, and Carr is doing terrible in SF, so that is a possibility.
:yeahthat:
If Leinart can't be traded away, I think the Cardinals are stuck with him as a backup to DA.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Leinart could stomach it he should just shut up and stay he will be replacing DA by game 4 anyway after Whiz wakes up and sees that he IS actually as bad as his Stats say!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Hall from what I'm seeing is our QB of the future anyhow.

I kept trying to figure out who he reminds me of and the best I came up with was a very smart and savy Jake Plummer.

However if Jake Plummer were smart and savy, then he'd remind me of someone I won't mention because it's silly at this point.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Leinart won't get traded when every team knows he will be getting cut.

This,

He'll clear waivers then someone can sign him to whatever deal they want, his contract will be dust.

At that point one of our division rivals would easy stick him on the roster as a 3 just to get our playbook.

The only way that won't happen is another team wants to sign him for more or gives him a chance to start, which won't happen so I fully expect to see him end up in our division as a #3 or so.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If the Raiders or Giants wanted him they might offer a 6th or 7th. They know that Seattle would have the inside track if we cut him. Let's hope.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

So we'd just release him for nothing and let Seattle pick him up off waivers? That seems dumb. Seattle is pretty high on the waiver order right now. Unless the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, or Chiefs picked him up, he'd be Seattle's for "free." No sense in refusing to trade him in the division unless you are keeping him on the roster in this case.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Well that is a valid reason to think ML might go to Seattle. It is fairly common among coaches to do that. Just look at all the former Steelers the Cards have signed.

OK, but there have been 3-6 instance of Carroll passing on USC players just this offseason.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So we'd just release him for nothing and let Seattle pick him up off waivers? That seems dumb. Seattle is pretty high on the waiver order right now. Unless the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Redskins, or Chiefs picked him up, he'd be Seattle's for "free." No sense in refusing to trade him in the division unless you are keeping him on the roster in this case.

Cut him move on!!! If Wiz doesn't think the guy can play, why be worried on what team he plays for.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cut him move on!!! If Wiz doesn't think the guy can play, why be worried on what team he plays for.
Because he knows the plays that we run better than anyone who has been watching film for the Seahawks.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Leftwich hurt his knee against Carolina, they are thinking its a ligament. With Big Ben's forced time out, if the injury is serious, maybe Pittsburgh is in the mix now. Whiz seems to like ex-steelers a little, maybe he can swing a trade after all.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Leftwich hurt his knee against Carolina, they are thinking its a ligament. With Big Ben's forced time out, if the injury is serious, maybe Pittsburgh is in the mix now. Whiz seems to like ex-steelers a little, maybe he can swing a trade after all.

Just what I was thinking. He may be Steelers bound.

Oh boy I can't wait for a season of Derek "Mr Touch Hisself" Anderson at the helm all season. :(:bang:. I bet it may take until next Sunday before Spach has any feeling in his hands again (not that there was much there to begin with) after that rocket ole' DA launched to him on the slant in the red zone that shoulda been 6 but turned into 3 instead in the game tonight!:mad::bang:

I'lll take Matt and all his warts over Anderson and his littany of warts any day of the week thank you. I hope our D develops fast because its gonna be turnover city this year sports fans I got feeling.

Man I don't remember when I wanted to be more wrong about something than I do about the above! If I turn out to be I will gladly admit to it in a New York minute!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Different things are expected of different QB's. That's part of his gripe. That being said, he didn't show any flashes of brilliance this pre-season. And this was his opportunity.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Steelers will live with Dixon and Batch until Ben comes back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson