Survivor: Heroes vs Villains

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the premier last night. Was very entertaining.

It was fun to see all of the old favorites making moves already. It should be really interestig to see how this one turns out.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can only guess that several characters were not an option in voting for the top 10 heroes and villians. They are missing some obvious choices. Johhney Fairplay, Richard hatch etc

Some of them would only make my top 10 who cares about them list.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm blanking on who it was but during the first competition one of the guys was literally putting WWE wrestling moves on another guy. First he started to do what used to be called the Boston crab. Later he was bending the guys legs so much I actually thought he was going to be DQ'ed Jeff warned them twice to play fair.

And the "Break her shoulder" comment and then we find out Stephenie's shoulder was dislocated(and popped back in). That is some tough stuff there are degrees of separation etc but UCLA basketball player James Keefe has done his shoulder twice, the first time had to have surgery and missed half the year before they burned a redshirt year and played him. This year he did it again and missed a game(they popped it back in place during the game but held him out). He now plays with that new tape stuff on the exterior of the shoulder every game. So popping it back in and staying in Survivor is impressive.

Looks like Boston Rob gets injured next week. Trying to determine if Russell has an advantage or not being back out there so soon? on the one hand it's fresh, on the other hand did he have time to get back his health a bit before going right back into it?

Nice debut though I was surprised at some of the choices Tyson was a surprise and there's a couple of female players I barely remember from past seasons but overall should be a good season.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So popping it back in and staying in Survivor is impressive.

That's one hard core chick there! You could even hear it pop back in. Then she acted like nothing had happened.

Looks like Boston Rob gets injured next week.

Looks like he passes out. Dehydration? Maybe some sort of parasite? That's what it looked like to me. He is one of my all time favorites so I hope he isn't out already.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The girl with the shoulder is Stephanie. She is my favorite girl on survivor all-time. I mention how hot she is and my wife says "She is not hot". And while she may not be a "classical beauty" when combining her kicking body, pleasant looks, and kick ass attitude she is HOT.

If you recal the first show she was on there was no merge and she was the LAST person on her tribe before they let her join the other tribe where she lasted quite awhile.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. I haven't seen every season of "Survivor" so I didn't know everybody's back-story. Like Sugar. Didn't know her but I was yelling, "Bounce her!" at my TV. Annoying.

Have to say I thought eating the chicken this early in the game was stupid. It's day 2 or 3 and they're killing a food source already? (Because they caught only 4, right?) They're going to wish they had that chicken when they are really hungry.

When Rupert broke his toe I'm pretty sure there were producers off-camera calling the suits at CBS. "Rupert is down! Rupert is down!" Having the guy that is probably the most popular contestant ever on the show potentially being carried off in a helicopter in the first episode is what causes ulcers among programmers.

And speaking of helicopters, choppering them in on Huey's was BRILLIANT! (Think I saw New Zealand Air Force markings on them BTW.)

This should be a great series.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to say I thought eating the chicken this early in the game was stupid. It's day 2 or 3 and they're killing a food source already? (Because they caught only 4, right?) They're going to wish they had that chicken when they are really hungry.

They killed the Rooster so it wasn't like it was going to provide them any eggs.

And speaking of helicopters, choppering them in on Huey's was BRILLIANT! (Think I saw New Zealand Air Force markings on them BTW.)

That was awesome. At first I thought they were in Vietnam.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can only guess that several characters were not an option in voting for the top 10 heroes and villians. They are missing some obvious choices. Johhney Fairplay, Richard hatch etc

Some of them would only make my top 10 who cares about them list.

Richard Hatch was asked to be a part of this. However, he had to apply to leave the country since he is under house arrest. His request was denied by a federal judge.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This should be a great series.

You've got a good eye. :)

This is from Jeff Probst's recap where he discusses the Hueys and how the NZAF got involved.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/12/jeff-probst-blogs-the-survivor-heroes-vs-villains-premiere/

He's got some additional information about last night that's interesting also.

JTS

PS - swd, your wife's wrong - Stephanie is smokin' hot

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff's comment on why Johnny Fairplay isn't there:

When asked about the reason for no Johnny Fairplay, Jeff Probst remarked, "The reason that Fairplay isn't here is that this season is called Heroes vs. Villains, not Survivor Quitters"

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did some digging. It was filmed on the Samoan island of Upolu. Filming began 20 days after Survivor: Samoa was finished. I'm guessing the quick turn around time won't work for Russell as he didn't have a lot of time to build his body back up nutrient-wise.

On the Huey's I spotted "ANZAC" painted on one nose so that narrowed it down.

On the chicken: A rooster is a food source. You don't eat meat until your body is screaming for it when you don't know for sure when you'll get more. I'd have voted "no" and would not have made any friends.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They killed the Rooster so it wasn't like it was going to provide them any eggs.

That was awesome. At first I thought they were in Vietnam.

That showed my lack of farm animal knowledge I had to ask my girlfriend don't you need a rooster to get eggs? Learn something new every day, hens lay eggs in response to the day/light cycle, most eggs in the store are laid by chickens who've never seen a rooster in their lives. However, you need a rooster to get eggs that will develop into a chicken.

When they said they were eating the rooster I immediately thought doesn't that mean no more eggs, hey I grew up in the city that's my excuse.

I guess chickens aren't kiwi fruit. Years ago my mom had a friend who tried 4 times to grow kiwis and failed, got mad and cut it down. My mom then asked did you have a male and female plant and she said "what?" Turned out her nursery had sold her 1 plant 4 times and never once told her you need a male and female to get fruit. We grew them in our backyard for years so I knew that, but we didn't have chickens and roosters.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
Well it seems the Villians are working pretty well together. And that the Heroes are the ones with the egos. When it should be the other way around.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That showed my lack of farm animal knowledge I had to ask my girlfriend don't you need a rooster to get eggs? Learn something new every day, hens lay eggs in response to the day/light cycle, most eggs in the store are laid by chickens who've never seen a rooster in their lives. However, you need a rooster to get eggs that will develop into a chicken.

When they said they were eating the rooster I immediately thought doesn't that mean no more eggs, hey I grew up in the city that's my excuse.

City Slicker! ;)

We had a few acres growing up and raised chickens for the eggs. Never had a rooster though.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SOB's knocked off my favorite survivor player ever...Stephanie! ;(

Now I am pulling for the villians to destroy them. Especially that idiot James.

Russell is the one I want to see win now for being robbed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far the challenges have been good but the actual "game play" is a downer because they've all played the game so much before they're not even pretending to have a "break in" period. So you're getting all these pre existing relationships dominating the show etc.

Hopefully it's gets better right now I'm just finding myself far less interested than I normally am.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knew that Coach, the self-proclaimed Dragon Slayer, the epitome of machismo, the teller of tales, the wanna be samurai, the man no pygmie could hold in their evil clutches was actually a nine year old who cries and says he's gonna go home 'cause no one else will "play fair"?

Last edited:

Gizmo Williams

Registered
Reaction score
You know, I almost want to see him win because his reaction would be so priceless.

I want to see him go to the store to buy milk. I want to see him go through an all-u-can eat buffet. I want to see him fill his car up with gas.

Coach lives in his own world and I think it would be fascinating to see him on a daily basis in our world. He must get his own reality show....he is so much more entertaining than the Kardashians.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't think Coach is a villain either. He is quirky and an odd fellow, but I don't think he is "bad".

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone know where coach is from? There is a guy in my neighborhood that looks just like him, runs with his dog everyday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson