Pick Your Draft Approach

CT CARDSFAN

Veteran
Reaction score
Harry, I watch most Penn State games and Chop Robinson was rushing off the edge and he has an incredible quick first step.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
As the year has gone on, Coleman has probably cemented WR4 status. I'd probably rank the receivers MHJ, Odunze, Nabers, and then Coleman.

I'd go Newton over the Edge players because their is a significant dropoff from Newton to the next DT.

Not a huge fan of Coleman - he seems like Mike Williams without the same production in college. He

I would put Franklin ahead of Coleman.

Agreed on Newton being the best but Latu would be very tempting.

I can see us drafting two DT's in first 3 rounds.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started out as a Verse guy, but I'm on the Dallas Turner train. He's a lot more twitchy.

As the year has gone on, Coleman has probably cemented WR4 status. I'd probably rank the receivers MHJ, Odunze, Nabers, and then Coleman.

I'd go Newton over the Edge players because their is a significant dropoff from Newton to the next DT.

I'm all in on Verse. Physical with speed. Violent tackler. Just what the doctor ordered for the Cardinals.

I think as the draft season really starts to take off in a couple of months, Verse will move up the boards to the top 10. That means the Cardinals would probably have move up from the Houston pick to snag him.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'm all in on Verse. Physical with speed. Violent tackler. Just what the doctor ordered for the Cardinals.

I think as the draft season really starts to take off in a couple of months, Verse will move up the boards to the top 10. That means the Cardinals would probably have move up from the Houston pick to snag him.

He has all the physical tools but where is the production?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach
Eh Dallas Turner is 20 while Verse is 23. That means that Turner likely has a lot of untapped potential.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of Coleman - he seems like Mike Williams without the same production in college. He

I would put Franklin ahead of Coleman.

Agreed on Newton being the best but Latu would be very tempting.

I can see us drafting two DT's in first 3 rounds.
I think you're a one man island on Franklin. Good player, but he's rail thin. You can count on one hand how many guys like him that have been successful. I'm not taking a weight outlier that high unless he is truly special.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't be so sure, his numbers are a lot better than Harrison Jr and he has played against better defenses. Nabers is so smooth and elusive, he could be the top wr taken
Barring a catastrophic event, MH is going to be the top WR taken. It's not even a debate or close. I'd bet anything on it.
Did you see my post, think it's in prospect thread, showing what Harrison has done against the best defenses/teams he's faced. He's destroyed all of them except ND.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh Dallas Turner is 20 while Verse is 23. That means that Turner likely has a lot of untapped potential.
Does Turner have the power to do this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or the quick strong hands like this:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would struggle with Monti taking an OT over MHJ because I feel he could easily trade down and get to the same point. IMO a failure in the draft process.

I would have no problem if Monti moves down and stocks up on draft picks then picks another OT in the first round. I'm all about building from the inside out and while not a sexy pick wouldn't mind bolstering the OL more.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think you're a one man island on Franklin. Good player, but he's rail thin. You can count on one hand how many guys like him that have been successful. I'm not taking a weight outlier that high unless he is truly special.

DeVonta Smith might be the comp on weight but its a good point.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I would have no problem if Monti moves down and stocks up on draft picks then picks another OT in the first round. I'm all about building from the inside out and while not a sexy pick wouldn't mind bolstering the OL more.
MHJ is about as sure a thing at WR as you can get. Considering our major need at WR and the fact that it's a premium position, I think you make the obvious move and take MHJ.

Let's not repeat Adrian Peterson/Levi Brown.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ is about as sure a thing at WR as you can get. Considering our major need at WR and the fact that it's a premium position, I think you make the obvious move and take MHJ.

I agree that MHJr is as elite as they come in the draft but if a team is willing to give up some serious draft capital to move up to #2 I would consider it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Agreed. If you are inclined to go another route and MHJ is on the board, you need to trade down. Very similar situation to last year. You may prefer other options at EDGE than Will Anderson, but you can't stay at 3 and draft PJJ over Will.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. If you are inclined to go another route and MHJ is on the board, you need to trade down. Very similar situation to last year. You may prefer other options at EDGE than Will Anderson, but you can't stay at 3 and draft PJJ over Will.
yep. totally agree.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The repeat of Peterson/Brown would be staying put and taking another player.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
DeVonta Smith might be the comp on weight but its a good point.
And that was the argument against Smith at the time.

I think the info at the time was that it had been like 30 years since a receiver as skinny as Smith had actually panned out.

I like Franklin as the high second round gamble that really pays off.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Eh I can see taking another OT and having the chance at having elite bookends for years to come.

I'm in the take MHJ camp however, but I have learned over time that not every supposed elite college prospect becomes an elite NFL player for myriad reasons, and that you really have to not fall in love with one player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Eh I can see taking another OT and having the chance at having elite bookends for years to come.

I'm in the take MHJ camp however, but I have learned over time that not every supposed elite college prospect becomes an elite NFL player for myriad reasons, and that you really have to not fall in love with one player.
I think we need some sure things at premium positions, and MHJ is about as sure a thing as I can remember. The numbers, the measurables, the pedigree...all speak to future stardom. Unless one of the OT's are the next Joe Thomas, I think best case we get the #1 or 2 pick and then trade down to get MHJ.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
If we're keeping Murray.....
1a) WR - MHJ
1b) WR - Odunze, Coleman, Nabers
2-7) FAAC BPA

Fit-Angry-Athletic-Cognitive (FAAC) is my new layman evaluation criteria. I genuinely believe that elite WRs will be more crucial to Murray's success than an elite OL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think we need some sure things at premium positions, and MHJ is about as sure a thing as I can remember. The numbers, the measurables, the pedigree...all speak to future stardom. Unless one of the OT's are the next Joe Thomas, I think best case we get the #1 or 2 pick and then trade down to get MHJ.
I've seen the "Franchise LT" being bandied about with Fashanu and Alt is pretty darn close.

WR is a sexy pick, but you can find equal performance in round two with a guy like Franklin, but the same isn't as likely to be true with LT.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen the "Franchise LT" being bandied about with Fashanu and Alt is pretty darn close.

WR is a sexy pick, but you can find equal performance in round two with a guy like Franklin, but the same isn't as likely to be true with LT.

If you draft Fashanu in the first and Fautanu in the second you could have a

Fashanu Fantanu Left side of you OL.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I know there's no guarantees when it comes to these guys' futures in the league, but I'm willing to bet Franklin will not even give you 60% performance of the MHJR and I like Franklin.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn