Theory on Murray

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He was a Redshirt Frosh playing for the 1st time.... yo compared him with QBs playing behind O-lines and especially WRs that are littered on NFL rosters today. 6'4 and 240 and a cannon arm and no fear sounds a lot better than 5'10 210 playing scared

So he's a redshirt soph this year? And after 2023 he's going pro for sure? You make a good point sparky, I just want to be clear on his draft status for 2024.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
U

we comparing college stats yes??

I put Hebert’s stats to show they are just as “pedestrian” as the Maye’s yet Herbert is a superstar qb in this league. Am I saying he’ll be Better then the qb’s aforementioned, no, but those stats don’t tell the whole story.

With that being said I have no idea why you even posted Herbert’s pro-stats.

Because while Hebert did throw for a ton of yards last year in the NFL, his pure passer rating was only 93, which is good, but not great. 12th in the league according to this list

Maybe (and generally) just barely good enough to win a ring if you have a very, very good defense.

I would not call Hebert a "superstar", and if Drake Maye's ceiling is Hebert, then I think you have to ask yourself is that really good enough for the number one or number two pick in the draft. I'm not convinced Murray can't be better than Hebert.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I hear you and that was/is my hope as well.

However, Petzing really needs to be a Shane Steichen level OC. Gannon's mentioned his influence being what Philly has done but Im seeing Petzing doing very Cleveland like things. Maybe its cause there is no Kyler yet.
Agree on this.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree more. I think you are reading too much into the trade for Dobbs.

IMO Kyler will be back by week 8.
I truly hope you’re right. But keep in mind that this is the same Murray that had to be “ coaxed” into playing in the past when slightly injured.
I doubt he will be overly anxious to get out there unless he is 110% healthy.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I truly hope you’re right. But keep in mind that this is the same Murray that had to be “ coaxed” into playing in the past when slightly injured.
I doubt he will be overly anxious to get out there unless he is 110% healthy.
Or we can keep the past in the past.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or we can keep the past in the past.
Not drudging up the past. Just trying to evaluate why there is optimism for a player to return from a surgery that is said to take a year, in 9-10 months.
Especially considering the position, the lack of talent and depth on this roster and Kyler’s history.
I’m not knocking Kyler. He should NOT return if he isn’t 110% healthy. There’s at least reason to believe he will not be physically or mentally ready to play this year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
While I liked how Maye looked, I realize that much of it was against Florida A&M and App State.
Yeah, it is picking out the little things. Probably the best thing I saw in those games was his willingness to deliver the football with a guy in his face. I also liked that he was willing to put throws in tight windows. Those are two benefits of drafting QBs from non-traditional powerhouse schools historically.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
With all the banter today...feels like we lost sight of the fact Kyler is on PUP and will miss the first 4 games.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem is the quickest path to success is Kyler looking like a top 10 QB in this offense, the Cardinals getting two top 5 picks, and adding MHJ and Fashanu. This gives you some cheap, key talent to support Murray, and allows you start building up the defense.

All other scenarios get real sketchy in terms of winning games sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is the quickest path to success is Kyler looking like a top 10 QB in this offense, the Cardinals getting two top 5 picks, and adding MHJ and Fashanu. This gives you some cheap, key talent to support Murray, and allows you start building up the defense.

All other scenarios get real sketchy in terms of winning games sooner rather than later.
Couldn’t agree more. The talk about dumping Murray next year would be huge step backwards.
If Murray is healthy and running a professional offense I think he will be dynamic.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That cap hit is just a number - Cards have the most Cap space as of now in the NFL and does not look like they are looking to spend it. Also the new QB would be on a rookie deal so the QB cap space is a wash. 3rd and most important..... I dont want Williams, he is to short also and somewhat the product of the OU/SC systems/talent. Drake Maye should be the 1st QB off the board if he comes out Dude is a mix of Burrow/Herbert - Williams is Murray 2.0 but "maybe" 2" taller and plays less scared. Dallas trading for Lance hurts trade value for Murray, im hoping the Vikings interest and Vegas interest remain
90M is just a number. HAHA

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep. Kyler failing would be a huge setback for this organization. Being able to move forward with Kyler as their starting QB would give the Cardinals a chance to make a push as a viable team as early as next season.

All this talk about sitting Kyler for the entire season just doesn't make sense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
True but how much money did Mike B just burn on Keim and Kliff?
Not that much.

You can't cut Kyler Murray. You can trade him though. Trade him next offseason and you take on $46 million+ in dead money, but if you're taking a rookie QB you intend to play, you can still field a team.

Especially if you cut Budda, Ertz, and Connor.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
They will play Murray simply to audition him for other teams in the off season and will do everything in their power to make him look good. I truly believe Murray will wear a different uniform come 2024.