Theory on Murray

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This might be the most delusional take on this board.. Kliffys offense was the problem. Empty stats between the 20’s doesn’t mean much. I don’t think we need rehash the plethora of points in how ridiculously awful his scheme was/is for the NFL.

Are you poolside with Kliffy and Kiem with this take ? Bc it sure doesn’t make a lick of sense else-wise.
16th, 13th, 11th and 21st in points scored.

In Bruce's last season in AZ, Palmer played in 4 less games than Kyler and Bruce's offense was 25th in points scored.

I can see why you would prefer to avoid facts when engaging in debates.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Cant wait to tell my grand children that I was able to say I witnessed Kliff Kingsbury's vaunted #22 Offense in person.

#ThoseWereTheDays
With a roster so bad that people on this board feel the only way to get back to being competitive is to intentionally lose games this year. Again, not saying Kliff didn't deserve to be fired, but that doesn't mean his offense wasn't very productive.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This doesn’t make a great case for anything. It’s the look of a middling offense.
Yes, and middling isn't awful like people are saying it was. He referenced empty stats and I was just showing him the points are similar to the yards.

I am tired of the revisionist history of this board and am going to call it out. Kliff got fired for good reasons but those reasons were not that his offense was awful and unproductive.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I am tired of the revisionist history of this board and am going to call it out. Kliff got fired for good reasons but those reasons were not that his offense was awful and unproductive.
i have always thought the X/Os criticism of Kliff's offense was overwrought

i think legit criticisms of Kliffs offense are:

1. The NFL style running concepts in it were kinda grafted on to Kliffs passing scheme with the result being the running game and passing game didnt support each other schematically.
2. Philosophically it felt like it was a finesse offense -- wanting to out-spread you, out-tempo you, trick you -- instead of lining up and beating you. I think this was a factor in poor play two years in a row late in the season.
3. It was simple enough that by the last third of the season, D coordinators could force a throw short of the sticks in high leverage downs by showing a certain coverage / front.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
16th, 13th, 11th and 21st in points scored.

In Bruce's last season in AZ, Palmer played in 4 less games than Kyler and Bruce's offense was 25th in points scored.

I can see why you would prefer to avoid facts when engaging in debates.
Oh boy - I’d love to engage in the same merry go round of debates around this topic we have done 1 million times. Ya boy Kliffy don’t have a job for a reason… ya boy Kliffy got no relevant job offers if any in the nfl for a reason. A guy who on record said he doesn’t want to ever go back to college.. ya boy Kliffy resulted in the above. There isn’t anyone calling this guy a NFL premiere coach let alone and NFL premiere coordinator outside of the few dry humps on this board. Same 3-5 people, every single time… no one new. It is beyond laughable at this point that you 3-5 people have the gull to keep going to bat for a guy that was fired.. that had no NFL job offers post firing. Laughable. Wouldn’t be surprised if you all are Lisa Thomas fans as well.