Suns Las Vegas Summer League 2023

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Back in the seventies guys banked it in all the time. Especially bigs. Jemison born too late! :)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
You could see that block coming off the weak side by Camara. Crowd even did a little wow sound.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I wish the announcers would call the game instead of gab.
Chick Hearn was the best at that. He would call the game, and do an interview all at the same time. I like Kenny likes the Beal addition.

I was thinking Ayton SHOULD be pissed everyone talking about Beal being the third guy on PHX, now. He should be like, I AM the third guy!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chick Hearn was the best at that. He would call the game, and do an interview all at the same time. I like Kenny likes the Beal addition.

I was thinking Ayton SHOULD be pissed everyone talking about Beal being the third guy on PHX, now. He should be like, I AM the third guy!

I tune out the announcers when they small talk.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toumani Camara not having his best game.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I feel like now I need to see game three to see if he's more like game1 or more like game2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play again tomorrow.

They play the Pelicans on Tuesday, July 11th at Cox Pavilion at 5 pm.

It will be televised on ESPN 2.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Camera reminds me of Obi Toppin. Hopefully he ends up being better. Less bounce, same drive.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Announcers are not liking the Suns regular season defensive players.
The one who was a center for Washington who's name is escaping me right now was terrible. I wanted to ask him who those defensive stoppers were for Denver, especially since everyone has them pencil into win the west again

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one who was a center for Washington who's name is escaping me right now was terrible. I wanted to ask him who those defensive stoppers were for Denver, especially since everyone has them pencil into win the west again

Thomas Bryant. He's an ok rim protector.

Denver is unique because they don't need a true rim protector because Jokic will outscore you on the other end. Not so much scoring himself but producing buckets for others. He's also really good at getting opposing rim protectors in foul trouble and occupying their attention so his teammates can get layups or open 3's.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Aaron Gordon is their defensive stud. He is for them what Marion was for us back in the day. But yeah, they are not a good defensive team, Porter Jr is an awful defender, they situationally had to bench him if he was getting exploited to severely. Their second best defender was probably Bruce Brown, he left.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you are referring to Thonas Bryant but he didn't play a lot for the Nuggets. Aaron Gordon was the Nuggets primary stopper inside.

What I didn't like is the announcers singling out the Suns weakest defensive links, including Drew Eubanks, with Ayton starting in front of him.

The Suns need to be evaluated as a whole.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen