Suns Las Vegas Summer League 2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what I'm seeing of Jordan Usher, age 25. He is 6'7" and 220 pounds, energetic and can play multiple positions.

He can also shoot and rebound as well. For the lack of a better ready comparison, he plays some like PJ Tucker.

These are his college stats.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like what I'm seeing of Jordan Usher, age 25. He is 6'7" and 220 pounds, energetic and can play multiple positions.

He can also shoot and rebound as well. For the lack of a better ready comparison, he plays some like PJ Tucker.

These are his college stats.

Right now, Usher is the only guy so far I'd be willing to give a 2-way to out of the possible options on the summer league team.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think you are referring to Thonas Bryant but he didn't play a lot for the Nuggets. Aaron Gordon was the Nuggets primary stopper inside.

What I didn't like is the announcers singling out the Suns weakest defensive links, including Drew Eubanks, with Ayton starting in front of him.

The Suns need to be evaluated as a whole.
The announcers said a lot of inaccurate things about the suns draft picks. One announcer had to mention the recent trade of Todd but did not mention the every other year first round picks.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon is their defensive stud. He is for them what Marion was for us back in the day. But yeah, they are not a good defensive team, Porter Jr is an awful defender, they situationally had to bench him if he was getting exploited to severely. Their second best defender was probably Bruce Brown, he left.
I watched a podcast and supposedly the theory behind the Suns moves, is they can't stop Jokic. So they figure they will try and get Denver to stop them by building a top offense. We did miss tons of open corner threes that were wide open. Not a mistake we went and loaded up on top shooters from the corner three area. What I like is a couple of those guys like Watanabe and Bates-Diop can put it on the floor and drive to the rim for dunks off guys closing out hard on the threes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watched a podcast and supposedly the theory behind the Suns moves, is they can't stop Jokic. So they figure they will try and get Denver to stop them by building a top offense. We did miss tons of open corner threes that were wide open. Not a mistake we went and loaded up on top shooters from the corner three area. What I like is a couple of those guys like Watanabe and Bates-Diop can put it on the floor and drive to the rim for dunks off guys closing out hard on the threes.

That was one issue I had with Monty's offense is he seemed against guys driving to the basket unless it was Paul or Booker. Hopefully Vogel allows more improvisation on offense.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That was one issue I had with Monty's offense is he seemed against guys driving to the basket unless it was Paul or Booker. Hopefully Vogel allows more improvisation on offense.
I assume we are wide open on offense. I loved we are going to push the ball and try and get easy points and not start our offense with only 8 seconds on the shot clock!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
PHNX's ESPO says Vogel mentioned in NBA interview he thinks Jemison should be in consideration for a 2 way spot.
Jemison works hard I like him. Needs work and may never get there and wont learn anything from DA.
If Vogel wants him I'd say give him that one. I'm ok with it.
Usher had some nice runs last night, def want to see more of him. (Ewww! Never mind. I DON'T DO GA TEC!)

We need a GD G League team!

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jemison works hard I like him. Needs work and may never get there and wont learn anything from DA.
If Vogel wants him I'd say give him that one. I'm ok with it.
Usher had some nice runs last night, def want to see more of him. (Ewww! Never mind. I DON'T DO GA TEC!)

We need a GD G League team!
Jemison’s game reminds me of a younger slightly thinner Mark West.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns starters.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcus Carr is not flashy, but he has been solid at point guard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hunter Hale showing off his shot. He has 8 points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camara looked cooked last game to me. Not sure why. I know he's probably been all over since the draft.

Yeah, I kept wanting the coach to give Camara more time on the bench. It sounds like his body is sore from playing.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Some background on Hunter Hale.

Duane Rankin: Hunter Hale has committed to play for Suns in #NBA Summer League, league sources tell @azcentral. From Kalamazoo, Mich., the 6-4 guard played college ball at Central Michigan, Grand Valley State and Winthrop. Averaged 22.2 points in Adriatic (ABA) League Liga overseas. #Suns pic.twitter.com/bMBWa0vRE8

3 weeks ago – via Twitter DuaneRankin
I remember someone on the radio saying he was probably an invite due to Michigan ties.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corkman