2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what a brain fart by Porter Jr. Teammates weren't looking but just let the ball go inbounds and yell at them to get it there wasn't any Lakers there.

Game was over gave the Lakers life

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When you can no longer ball, up your flop game.

I remember a few years ago when the NBA said they would review flops and issue techs retroactively... I think they might have given out 2... in total.

The NBA could easily put an end to this garbage, why they don't is beyond me. Their own refs enjoy the opportunity to be a cuck? Gives them a better excuse for their obviously bad calls? I really don't know.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago when the NBA said they would review flops and issue techs retroactively... I think they might have given out 2... in total.

The NBA could easily put an end to this garbage, why they don't is beyond me. Their own refs enjoy the opportunity to be a cuck? Gives them a better excuse for their obviously bad calls? I really don't know.
Actually they did more than 2 but then Stern retired and Silver quietly deprioritized it. As for why they did that, I'm sure they were embroiled in conflict with the Player's Association over the fines. Silver has done everything he can to appease that group on any issues that aren't central to the Owner's needs. No one wants to jeopardize their huge TV dollars.

Anyway, I've said all along that the only really effective way of putting an end to the acting (including flopping) is to penalize the franchises. Have the fines increase dramatically with each occurrence and before you know it, the owners will force coaches to put an end to it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So lebron hasn't been balling for a quite a while then.
Nah, that was just a simple way to make the point. He has still been balling but not at the same level. But over the past half dozen years he's increased his pushoffs and flopping considerably, enough to mask much of what he's lost as he's aged.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flops are really embarrassing, I mean what the hell?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

That's the sequence that caused me to post stop flopping last night. The LeBron one is hilarous he actually grabs Joker with his left hand, then Jokers hand grazes his face and he goes falling sideways holding his left wrist? He grabbed Joker with it and then acts like Joker somehow hurt his left wrist, at the same time he's throwing his head back from actual contact there.

Earlier in the game Reaves got grazed on the chin, waited a full second and then threw his head back.

ARe the refs not allowed to call flops anymore? If they are why are they not doing it, blow the whistle and say that's a flop on LeBron James, Denver ball?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
At least the nuggets realize they need to fight flopping with flopping. That’s the difference between beating lakers and staying home like GSW.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Exactly. It's not that hard to do. The NCAA calls them pretty well IMO. The NBA should do even better, especially with the option for review.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tatum got some superstar calls. The 3 point wasn’t even looked at or replayed. Then underneath Bam was straight up. Bs

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose