2023 NBA Playoffs - Other Teams

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Next year will be year 10 of the Joel Embiid trust the process rebuilds He’s been given multiple all stars and multiple all defensive team members and he’s never been past the second round. He’s 100% a fraud he’s had some horrible no shows and tonight was another
The process is over and was a failure. I love Joel with all of my heart, and maybe this is because my rear is chafed right now, but I could care less who on the entire team comes back next year. I'm just disgusted with the Sixers and furious that all I have left is a fair to middling Philles team, and a trash truck juice football team getting ready to start up.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well credit to Tatum. He certainly showed up today.

The Sixers need to fire Doc. He was a bad hire initially and they won't win with him. Their whole issue goes back to paying Tobias Harris over Jimmy Butler though. That was such a big blunder. Letting Butler walk was questionable then and idiotic now. Feel for Embiid. He's a legit star and thought Harden could be a #2 as he seemed to buy in but Harden never shows up in big playoff games. Was really hoping for a Embiid vs Jokic finals too.
Doc is not the bane of my existence right now. Yes, he could have done a number of things coaching-wise heading into the postseason that IMO would have helped us, and if he goes, I wont bat an eyelash, but this falls squarely on our MVP, and his cohort. Can't string two good games together to save their lives, and allowed Boston to chump us in a game 7. Scust.....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Doc is not the bane of my existence right now. Yes, he could have done a number of things coaching-wise heading into the postseason that IMO would have helped us, and if he goes, I wont bat an eyelash, but this falls squarely on our MVP, and his cohort. Can't string two good games together to save their lives, and allowed Boston to chump us in a game 7. Scust.....
I always get the feeling with Emid like, do I have to do this all on my own? I feel like the pieces, or maybe it is coaching, are not the best around him. Plus he gets worn down over the course of a season/series because his game IS all about effort and hustle. I think that's why Suns fans like him, where you are frustrated with him. Believe me, if you watched Ayton, you would be 100X more frustrated!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always get the feeling with Emid like, do I have to do this all on my own? I feel like the pieces, or maybe it is coaching, are not the best around him. Plus he gets worn down over the course of a season/series because his game IS all about effort and hustle. I think that's why Suns fans like him, where you are frustrated with him. Believe me, if you watched Ayton, you would be 100X more frustrated!
Fair enough Yuma. Don't get me wrong. I loooove that man. My second favorite Sixer of all time after AI, but times like yesterday was when you needed to be the MVP. He failed to galvanize his team, nor elevate his game when we needed it most. He was a shell out there. Most of the time he gives his absolute all, but for all of the continued 2nd round exits, you have to get tired of it at some point and do something about it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dude they’ve given him more than any other star in the NBA. He’s had Al Horford, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Maxey, Harden

Yesterday he got on the podium and said him and Harden can’t do it all by themselves and yet Maxey and Tobias out scored Embiid and Harden.

There are no more excuses for him

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dude they’ve given him more than any other star in the NBA. He’s had Al Horford, Jimmy Butler, Tobias Harris, Ben Simmons, Maxey, Harden

Yesterday he got on the podium and said him and Harden can’t do it all by themselves and yet Maxey and Tobias out scored Embiid and Harden.

There are no more excuses for him
I get that. I watched the game before, or maybe before that, and down the stretch in that game Harris and Maxey were not shooting even though they were getting the ball passed to them. I remember thinking he needed some guys who weren't afraid to shoot. Sometimes Harris and Maxey look great. I saw Maxey play great in stretches in this series and was wondering how do we get him? But I noticed he is reluctant at the clutch. Harris disappears at times too. I know you are mad at Embid, but as a Suns fan I would take him over Ayton in a heart beat. I look at it as you think Embid doesn't have that killer instinct. We just wish Ayton had ANY competitive fire. Philly at least could trade Embiid and get probably a Durant type of trade with draft picks and players. We are NOT going to get that with Ayton.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get that. I watched the game before, or maybe before that, and down the stretch in that game Harris and Maxey were not shooting even though they were getting the ball passed to them. I remember thinking he needed some guys who weren't afraid to shoot. Sometimes Harris and Maxey look great. I saw Maxey play great in stretches in this series and was wondering how do we get him? But I noticed he is reluctant at the clutch. Harris disappears at times too. I know you are mad at Embid, but as a Suns fan I would take him over Ayton in a heart beat. I look at it as you think Embid doesn't have that killer instinct. We just wish Ayton had ANY competitive fire. Philly at least could trade Embiid and get probably a Durant type of trade with draft picks and players. We are NOT going to get that with Ayton.

Embiid is better than Ayton but he’s had some horrible playoff games. He’s held to a different standard. Bro you’re the MVP. They have given him everything he’s asked for and he’s never made it out of the second round.

Embiid isn’t a 1 he’s clearly a 2 or even a 3 again this is going to be year 10 for him.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Embiid is better than Ayton but he’s had some horrible playoff games. He’s held to a different standard. Bro you’re the MVP. They have given him everything he’s asked for and he’s never made it out of the second round.

Embiid isn’t a 1 he’s clearly a 2 or even a 3 again this is going to be year 10 for him.
I'd say he's an upper two. You could pair him with the right guy and it would work. I could see him taking AD's place in LA and it would be the same result. What would Golden State be with him on the team?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like teams will be swapping coahces more than players this season. Rivers is gone from Philly.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Actually I think the best place for Monty is Detroit, or San Antonio if Pop retires. He would absolutely thrive in an environment that needs a culture change. Not sure he’d be successful on a contender.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Actually I think the best place for Monty is Detroit, or San Antonio if Pop retires. He would absolutely thrive in an environment that needs a culture change. Not sure he’d be successful on a contender.
I don't see Pop retiring now they have Webanyama coming in. They did a piece on Jock Landale on TV and they mentioned his time in San Antonio, and it didn't look to me like Pop was even considering retirement. Pop said he loved coaching the young guys like Jock that needed development more than the teams with established guys.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I been having a feeling POP was close but this might reinvigorate him. Although, crap, that would be something to see our ex-coach heading up San Antonio. Just another reason to hate that franchise.