Peter King: Arizona Owns 2024

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you have the #1 overall pick, that is justification for moving on from Kyler. I hope he puts up big numbers in the few games he plays just to bump his trade value.
I think this is a weird take. To be so predisposed to decide to ignore whatever data comes from kyler in the upcoming season seems to be a bad decision making process. Do you ignore the past? No. But to ignore what comes next with a new coaching staff is just foolish.

If kyler proves himself to be humbled, becomes a student of the game and dedicated himself to greatest we know he has the arm and legs to be successful. To take a QB just because you don’t like kyler is silly. Kyler proving himself is our best case scenario because then we are using our greatest draft asset to supplement our talented QB, not replace him.

What’s better:

New unproven rookie QB/Harrison jr

Or

Reborn kyler/Harrison/bowers

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think it's completely pointless speculating this far out. There are always guys that vastly improve like Joe Burrow or come from nowhere like Kyler.

I remember "way too early mock drafts" having Jake Fromm and Drew Lock as a top 5 picks and Jacob Eason as a 1st rounder.
Yup. And guys like bridgewater fade. It’s why I generally ignore clamoring that a future draft is going to have more talent.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed.

When he plays, he can be dynamic at times, but I think we've seen who he is.

Agreed.

Ish. He showed he has good potential down the stretch after a rough start.

He's depth at this point. I thought adding a big backup outside receiver was a huge need even with adding Pascal. Pascal can play too, not a star but is dependable.

I look at this as WR that's on the precipice of transition. That's why it was smart to gamble on Wilson and sign Pascal to a two year deal. Hollywood will probably get more than we want to pay him, but he's a decent player. Just add Harrison Jr next year and another TE with potential and the group will be a good one.
It’s why kyler’s successful return is actually so important. If he can take the next step his cast likely becomes fantastic. If they decide to go all in on offense and draft Harrison and bowers with their firsts and a good back with their second that offense becomes really scary. Dedicate the 3 thirds and the rest of the draft to oline and defense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think this is a weird take. To be so predisposed to decide to ignore whatever data comes from kyler in the upcoming season seems to be a bad decision making process. Do you ignore the past? No. But to ignore what comes next with a new coaching staff is just foolish.

If kyler proves himself to be humbled, becomes a student of the game and dedicated himself to greatest we know he has the arm and legs to be successful. To take a QB just because you don’t like kyler is silly. Kyler proving himself is our best case scenario because then we are using our greatest draft asset to supplement our talented QB, not replace him.

What’s better:

Or

You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I personally prefer Maye of the 2. AS far as i am concerned, there is no way Kyler can do enough to not draft 1 of these 2. I will be happy if he does enough for another team to cough up some picks for him before the draft next year

Okay, just so that we're clear, if this year, coming off the ACL, Murray plays like the the 10th best QB in the NFL, you would 100% move on from him, and do what's necessary to draft Maye, correct?

Just want to make sure I understand your strategy Sparky.

I mean, I don't think there's any doubt at all the Maye will quickly become a top five NFL QB. So it's worth it to move on from Murray and burn the draft capital, instead of trying to add another piece or two around K1, right?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it's completely pointless speculating this far out. There are always guys that vastly improve like Joe Burrow or come from nowhere like Kyler.

I remember "way too early mock drafts" having Jake Fromm and Drew Lock as a top 5 picks and Jacob Eason as a 1st rounder.
Yep.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m ambivalent on whether to trade Kyler if we’re in position to draft Williams or Maye BUT if we do go that route, you have to be 100% sure that you’re picking the right one. You don’t want to end up with the equivalent of Ryan Leaf AND trade Kyler.

Thankfully, I have more faith in Monti to make the right choice there than I would if Keim was still GM.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if Carson Wentz can fetch a 1st round pick (conditional- which happened) then K1 could as well

Also that might hurt us. Execs have a tendency to look at similar recent situations and get swayed by what happened. Sometimes that can work in your favour if a similar trade worked out, but in this case they look and think they don't want to be the guy that does the next Wentz deal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dub this post “Show Me You Don’t Want to Have a Serious Discussion Without Saying So.”

It was fairly glib; I'll give you that. Kyler is no doubt more talented than Baker Mayfield, but you talked about accomplishments. Both were offensive rookies of the year, Baker had more TDs and a higher yards per attempt through four years, and Baker won a playoff game.

I feel like Baker was done nearly as dirty by organizational incompetence with the Browns as Kyler was with the Cards. Cleveland just filed for divorce sooner.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was fairly glib; I'll give you that. Kyler is no doubt more talented than Baker Mayfield, but you talked about accomplishments. Both were offensive rookies of the year, Baker had more TDs and a higher yards per attempt through four years, and Baker won a playoff game.

I feel like Baker was done nearly as dirty by organizational incompetence with the Browns as Kyler was with the Cards. Cleveland just filed for divorce sooner.
Eh I did say accomplished. Point taken. But in this comp we can’t ignore talent. There’s a gulf of difference between them. And we’ve seen that on the field.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Agree. Take a guy like Kyle McCord from OSU. He'll be a 1st year starter at OSU throwing to the best WR corps in the country. He was a 5 star recruit and Harrison's high school QB. Who's to say he doesn't put up an ungodly year and launch himself to the top of the draft.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Okay, just so that we're clear, if this year, coming off the ACL, Murray plays like the the 10th best QB in the NFL, you would 100% move on from him, and do what's necessary to draft Maye, correct?

Just want to make sure I understand your strategy Sparky.

I mean, I don't think there's any doubt at all the Maye will quickly become a top five NFL QB. So it's worth it to move on from Murray and burn the draft capital, instead of trying to add another piece or two around K1, right?
Yes 100%, sorry but he plays scared and to small, i would have taken Stroud over Young also. I dont think your thumbnail leads to any kind of bias :p

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did they pay a haul for the pleasure?

If we are moving on from Kyler next year or the year after it's because we don't think he's good enough. That automatically reduces the value.

We're basically saying he's Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield, except we were dumb enough to give him an early extension he didn't deserve.

On saying all that I don't think it happens. I'd be surprised if they tried to move off him before 2026 unless he absolutely blows.
I so far have absolutely no idea which QB I would want. I just know I would like to make MHJ a Cardinal.
No QB LESS THAN 6’2 please

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What’s better:

Or

I’ll take the under bet…

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yes 100%, sorry but he plays scared and to small, i would have taken Stroud over Young also. I dont think your thumbnail leads to any kind of bias :p

I'm probably rooting for Murray more than anybody on the board.

And, with all due respect, I think your approach to the situation is unwise. You're banking on a rookie being better than Murray, but here are the last five QBs drafted #1

2015 - J. Winston
2016 J. Goff
2017 Mayfield
2019 Murray
2020 Burrow

How are you going feel if Mayer turns out to have a career as productive as Winston? You sir would be dooming the Cardinals to be supremely noncompetitive until about 2041. Thanks. Appreciate your well thought out approach.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agree. Take a guy like Kyle McCord from OSU. He'll be a 1st year starter at OSU throwing to the best WR corps in the country. He was a 5 star recruit and Harrison's high school QB. Who's to say he doesn't put up an ungodly year and launch himself to the top of the draft.
Because he has one year starting and he played at OSU?

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I'm probably rooting for Murray more than anybody on the board.

And, with all due respect, I think your approach to the situation is unwise. You're banking on a rookie being better than Murray, but here are the last five QBs drafted #1

2015 - J. Winston
2016 J. Goff
2017 Mayfield
2019 Murray
2020 Burrow

How are you going feel if Mayer turns out to have a career as productive as Winston? You sir would be dooming the Cardinals to be supremely noncompetitive until about 2041. Thanks. Appreciate your well thought out approach.
Winston and the Midget are the only ones w/o a playoff win on that list. Murray has done jack squat and should never be included on a list with Burrow. Besides not playing hurt and sitting out the last game against LA for a playoff spot with a "bruised" shin, he is a cancer with a crap attitude. How many 7 yard sacks are we going to see him turn into -15 yarders killing drives? Maye is more Burrow and Murray is more Bad Wilson

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Winston and the Midget are the only ones w/o a playoff win on that list. Murray has done jack squat and should never be included on a list with Burrow. Besides not playing hurt and sitting out the last game against LA for a playoff spot with a "bruised" shin, he is a cancer with a crap attitude. How many 7 yard sacks are we going to see him turn into -15 yarders killing drives? Maye is more Burrow and Murray is more Bad Wilson

A very judicious, intelligent and wise take. You giving a good account of yourself Sparky.

Can't wait to see what post #288 from you has in store for us. :)

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
For those criticizing the Johnson pick, 2023 was a deep OT draft. 5 were picked in the top 20. Next the number could well be 2. It’s way early to form conclusions, but that draft seems to be better for other positions the Cards need. As a GM you have to look ahead at least one draft class. I expect the Cards to end up with one pick, at least, in the top 2. This team is tanking.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
For those criticizing the Johnson pick, 2023 was a deep OT draft. 5 were picked in the top 20. Next the number could well be 2. It’s way early to form conclusions, but that draft seems to be better for other positions the Cards need. As a GM you have to look ahead at least one draft class. I expect the Cards to end up with one pick, at least, in the top 2. This team is tanking.
I would argue the top talent at OT is better next year with Joe Alt and Fashanu. Alt looks like a perennial All Pro.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Because he has one year starting and he played at OSU?
Anthony Richardson started 13 games, played at Florida, has horrible mechanics and was drafted top 5. If McCord comes out and lights it up, not saying he will, he'll be projected right near the top. I was on the record as not being a Stroud fan and he went 2.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard