2023 3rd round pick #72 is Garrett Williams CB

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm I distinctly recall stating “lost season.” Do you believe I think a super bowl appearance would be a “lost season?”
Screw “lost seasons.” It was a thing of beauty when our 3-12 Cards knocked the 9-6 Vikings out of the playoffs on the final play of the final game of the 2003 season. Happened just below us in the end zone that day. Loved every minute of it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It’s been clear since day one.
It's been clear since day one that we weren't planning to be good this season, but the plan beyond that hasn't been clear. Now it is: aside from betting everything on next year's draft, we're hoping some players bounce back from major injury to be starters, to go with two hopefully good starters from rounds 1 and 2.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Screw “lost seasons.” It was a thing of beauty when our 3-12 Cards knocked the 9-6 Vikings out of the playoffs on the final play of the final game of the 2003 season. Happened just below us in the end zone that day. Loved every minute of it.
I didn't fly my whole family out to PHX for us to root for a loss. I loved every minute of that game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That moment of excitement wasn’t worth the value lost. I was there. It was a loss in my book. Who cares abou knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs? I neither root for, nor against that team. I’m just not geared to be short-sighted in terms of sports.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That moment of excitement wasn’t worth the value lost. I was there. It was a loss in my book. Who cares abou knocking the Vikings out of the playoffs? I neither root for, nor against that team. I’m just not geared to be short-sighted in terms of sports.
Again though word was that the Cards and Denny were picking Fitz no matter where they landed in the draft. So did it really matter?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I didn't fly my whole family out to PHX for us to root for a loss. I loved every minute of that game.
Dropped us from the #1 pick - Eli manning. Imagine the cardinals with competent QB for over a decade.

And if you think Eli would’ve demanded a trade like he did with SD, that’s fine. We would’ve traded with the giants down to four. SD would’ve still taken Philips at 2 as they were dead set on drafting a QB. Oakland still takes gallery at 3 (who they drafted over Fitz in the actual draft), and we still end up with Fitz plus the giants 3rd rounder and the giants 1st and 5th the next season. Who knows, maybe with an extra first we roll the dice on Aaron Rodgers considering mccown didn’t set the league on fire as cheese predicted.

But I’m glad y’all could be excited for a single game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Again though word was that the Cards and Denny were picking Fitz no matter where they landed in the draft. So did it really matter?
As I just showed, yeah. It likely cost us a 1st, 3rd, and 5th in trade with the giants who really wanted manning.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Myself, I never want us to lose. I just can't cheer for draft position and salary cap management. I would enjoy, much much more, playing the Texans in the Super Bowl and getting picks 31 and 32 in 2024.
Well yeah. If the team has a chance then scratch and claw for every win.

But if they start the season 0-9... get that top pick....because ending up 5-12 and drafting 5th wont help you as much as 2-15 and drafting first.
2.... thats the game in seattle and the random "we are gonna lose 50 to nothing" game we somehow pull out

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I mean it’s all conjecture what woulda happened, but you can’t argue that picking #1 wouldn’t have been better than picking #3.
Or Denny could have been true to his word and took Fitz number 1. Or raiders take Fitz and we take Gallery. All if and buts. Who knows. I do know that I enjoyed the hell out of that win, especially surrounded by Vikings fans.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's okay to agree to disagree. You are not correct and we're all wrong. This is sports, not politics.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or Denny could have been true to his word and took Fitz number 1. Or raiders take Fitz and we take Gallery. All if and buts. Who knows. I do know that I enjoyed the hell out of that win, especially surrounded by Vikings fans.
Why would the raiders have taken Fitz when they didn’t when they had the chance? That makes literally no sense.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least it happened on the opposite side of the stadium from me.
Normally would have been for us, too. Sometimes we'd stay too long at the SDS halftime gatherings and just head up to the upper level endzone seats on that side rather than hoof it all the way back to the bleacher seats in Section 37. :) A few times it put us in a prime spot to see huge moments/wins.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Why would the raiders have taken Fitz when they didn’t when they had the chance? That makes literally no sense.
It changes everything, so if you can speculate on what would have happened, well I can too. Plus taking Fitz at number 1 would have cost the cards more money.... :biglaugh: :titanic:

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That game is the 3rd most memorable game in my lifetime only behind 98’ against SD and the Super Bowl. That win got us Fitz, which eventually led us to Warner and a Super Bowl appearance. The memories of us winning “meaningless” games are more valuable then playing the what if game. It’s how I was raised I guess :cheers:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
That game is the 3rd most memorable game in my lifetime only behind 98’ against SD and the Super Bowl. That win got us Fitz, which eventually led us to Warner and a Super Bowl appearance. The memories of us winning “meaningless” games are more valuable then playing the what if game. It’s how I was raised I guess :cheers:
That Carolina game was pretty awesome too. You didn't get to go to the NFC championship game with me, or that one would be up there as well. Not a bad game at Las Vegas last year either.

Edit: The overtime game against Dallas in 97 was pretty good too. Watching all the cowpokes walking out of our stadium stunned. Good time...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose