Froholdt

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mr. Smart Alec, please enlighten me with another Cardinal draft that not only secured 9 picks, but then set us up to own the 2024 draft?
Quantity should not be the sole or primary measure of the quality of a draft. It's hilarious to put that out there before anyone has even taken a snap in rookie camp.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quantity should not be the sole or primary measure of the quality of a draft. It's hilarious to put that out there before anyone has even taken a snap in rookie camp.

He can think it's the best based on current available evidence no?

That might change as more info becomes available.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I did say “perhaps”. Did I not? Of course it will always be contingent upon how drafts play out. But, creating an extra 1st, 2 extra 3rd’s, and and an extra 5th has never been done by this organization in my lifetime.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Mr. Smart Alec, please enlighten me with another Cardinal draft that not only secured 9 picks, but then set us up to own the 2024 draft?
I think it's premature to call the draft the best ever, ahead of say the Fitz/Dockett/Dansby draft, when we've never seen these guys in the NFL before and have no idea how they will use the future picks. I'd say it in a more polite way though. :)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it's premature to call the draft the best ever, ahead of say the Fitz/Dockett/Dansby draft, when we've never seen these guys in the NFL before and have no idea how they will use the future picks. I'd say it in a more polite way though. :)
Cmon folks, please read thoroughly before commenting. Did I not say “Perhaps”? The Fitz draft was a very good one, but it certainly didn’t set up the following draft with an extra 1st, 2 extra 3rd’s, and an extra 5th.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Cmon folks, please read thoroughly before commenting. Did I not say “Perhaps”? The Fitz draft was a very good one, but it certainly didn’t set up the following draft with an extra 1st, 2 extra 3rd’s, and an extra 5th.
Even with the qualifier, I still think it's a stretch to even use the phrase. Maybe it's just the way you phrased it. I think it's a fair argument to say this draft might have generated the most value for our picks compared to any draft we have had, but it remains to be seen if that pick value generated translates into it ending up being a good draft or bad draft. That's probably how you meant it and I'm just splitting hairs.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think Froholdt will start the season as the starting center, even though I don't think he should start the season as the starting center.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Lets see how many of those draft picks are starters?
Or even contributors. A great draft yields you three quality starters (meaning they'd at least be rotational players for a good team) in year one. A legendary draft gets you four.

The 2004 draft generated one likely hall of famer and three other players that got second contracts with the team (Dansby, Dockett, Antonio Smith). We'll be fortunate to get that with the picks we made and the ones we got in trades.

OP
OP
Goodyear Card

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Back on topic, I think Froholdt will start the season as the starting center, even though I don't think he should start the season as the starting center.

Froholdt can't be our starting center. He just can't. We have to find some else. He is not even a good backup. He is barely a NFL player. We must sign a free agent or a trade. Anything. Anything. I would have been happy if we signed an UDFA center.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or even contributors. A great draft yields you three quality starters (meaning they'd at least be rotational players for a good team) in year one. A legendary draft gets you four.

The 2004 draft generated one likely hall of famer and three other players that got second contracts with the team (Dansby, Dockett, Antonio Smith). We'll be fortunate to get that with the picks we made and the ones we got in trades.
This draft and its trades gave us the best chance to have a great or legendary draft with all of the picks we acquired. How much credit for this draft do you assign to next year's draft assuming it is successful? If you have to wait for next draft to happen to see the picks that we acquire, even then you shouldn't laugh at the notion.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The Harry :deadhorse: theme.

If and it's a big IF - Froholdt is the starting centre come September, he'll have beat out 2, or 3 contenders.
Meaning nothing, especially if we have nothingburgers for him to contend against. I for one would be very disappointed to see this outcome. I'm sure Kyler would be too.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Froholdt is a Player/Coach now? 4th round serviceable Guard/crappy Center teaching another 4th round serviceable Guard how to be a crappy Center?

Last edited:
Reactions: PJ1

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I
This draft and its trades gave us the best chance to have a great or legendary draft with all of the picks we acquired. How much credit for this drafted do you assign to next year's draft assuming it is successful? If you have to wait for next draft to happen to see the picks that we acquire, even then you shouldn't laugh at the notion.
You don’t know this; no one does.

Why can’t we just wait to see how many draft picks make the team and then if the team is any good before making any pronouncements?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard