Budda requests trade

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What does this have to do with anything? No one's saying we're turning it around this season. Kyler's knee will be just fine in 2024 when we should be competing. There's no excuse to set your team/roster up so we don't have a chance to compete in 2024.

No ones saying were turning around this season? You do realise I was replying to a post pointing out it's possible to turn it around in 1 season right?

Trade Budda. Take the silly money we have invested in safety and redistribute it to the trenches or CB, sign an average free safety like literally both superbowl teams fielded and never look back.

It's very easy to see how we let Budda go and get better.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But the Cardinals don’t want this as it creates cap issues later. LOL…

Consider for a moment who owns the RAMS and the source of a few hundred-plus millions invested in cash bonuses, etc. to acquire and retain talent. The Bidwills could not compete without mortgaging their sole asset to the hilt and, in fact, a majority of owners can't compete financially with Stan Kroenke ($22B) and Ann Walton ($9B).

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Cool.

4 of those teams had QB's on rookie deals, the Cardinals were paying Carson the 21st higher Quarterback salary and the Colts only had a losing record in 2017 because Andrew Luck missed the entire season.

Also none of those teams had a QB that's going to miss time with an ACL injury.

History isn’t history if it doesn’t fit your narrative, got it. Those were just the teams off the top of my head, teams in the NFL can and often do go from bottom 10 to competitive in 1 season…accepting “2-3” is accepting that this franchise is not run as well as others (which is becoming even more apparent). Excuse us all for wanting more and wanting our team to put a quality product on the field consistently. Season ticket holders are probably livid with what they have seen in person the past couple of seasons and accepting not being competitive is like being served a turd sandwich and not only paying for it but saying thank you and leaving a tip.

You hang out on your limb alone. Getting rid of good players for unknowns rarely ever works out. Players recognize it, media covering the team realizes it, MOST fans recognize it but you have fun on your island like a castaway. This teams roster is going to be worse than last season AND we just finished with the third worst record in the NFL, if you don’t expect that to piss fans off I don’t know what to tell you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well it takes more than a year, which is 2 years. So yeah it does.

Some Fans here want it all ways. They wanted Keim gone. They wanted a clean house. Knowing that what that entails. And now they have it they complain that they don't want a rebuild. They want to try win right now.

Budda is great. He's also an expensive luxury in a rebuild and the resources he could free up in cap and picks can be better spent elsewhere.

I have no issue with him wanting a trade. You only get one career and he should make the most of it. But it's not the new regimes fault they need to repair years of neglect.
Hmm. I really don’t believe this to be true. People wanted the front office and coaching staff gone. Show me a single post where even a single poster stated they also wanted every single talented player gone. I’ll wait. I won’t hold my breath though because no matter how many times you type this it isn’t true. It’s just a complete fabrication.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Find one example(I'm sure there might be 1) of a team losing a player they WANT to keep/re-sign because of the cap. It doesn't exist. Teams use the cap as an excuse to let players walk that they don't feel are worth the money.
If the Rams, and all their "cap hell" wanted to go out and sign Saquon Barkley and trade for Hopkins, while signing him to a new deal, they could do it tomorrow and both players would fit under the cap. There are so many ways to re-arrange and manipulate the cap. That's why it's irrelevant.

If it's all so simple, why are the RAMS stuck with accounting for over $50B in 'dead' money involving 22 players, only 45 players under contract (half at under $1M) and just $13m in Cap room to fill their roster and pay their draft class?

Take out your Abacus and riddle us how to deal with the above and, at the same time, add premium FA's like a Barkley and/or Dhop?

Philly has lost a half-dozen key contributors from last season, and they are arguably not as strong a roster.

Why didn't they keep all or at least a few, if the Cap is irrelevant?

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
History isn’t history if it doesn’t fit your narrative, got it. Those were just the teams off the top of my head, teams in the NFL can and often do go from bottom 10 to competitive in 1 season…accepting “2-3” is accepting that this franchise is not run as well as others (which is becoming even more apparent). Excuse us all for wanting more and wanting our team to put a quality product on the field consistently. Season ticket holders are probably livid with what they have seen in person the past couple of seasons and accepting not being competitive is like being served a turd sandwich and not only paying for it but saying thank you and leaving a tip.

You hang out on your limb alone. Getting rid of good players for unknowns rarely ever works out. Players recognize it, media covering the team realizes it, MOST fans recognize it but you have fun on your island like a castaway. This teams roster is going to be worse than last season AND we just finished with the third worst record in the NFL, if you don’t expect that to piss fans off I don’t know what to tell you.

Not sure what you was expecting with a new GM, New HC, the need to correct years of poor cap a management and a starting QB with a torn ACL.

It was ALWAYS a losing season. They are just embracing it.

You want them to go all in this year with big time deals only for Kyle rto relapse and miss most of the season? Or not relapse and still miss 6 games?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't get better by letting good QB's, Edge's, Tackles or CB's go. I'm on the fence with WR due to the proliferation of talent nearly every year in the draft.

You can easily get better by letting good but highly paid RB's, Safeties, Linebackers and Tight Ends go because the positions often don't offer value. Which is why good RB's get released all the time. Smith, Edmunds, Edwards and now Devin White have all had to move on to get paid, as have several TE's and Safeties this year.

You only have to look at this years FA contracts for those positions to see how much the league values them. Only 1 safety got paid more than $7.5m this year and that was to a desperate Falcons teams.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You're arguing with yourself, Brit. He's not saying we'll be good this season. A 1-year rebuild means we'll be good again in 2024, not 2023. Stay on point, please.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're arguing with yourself, Brit. He's not saying we'll be good this season. A 1-year rebuild means we'll be good again in 2024, not 2023. Stay on point, please.

He's literally arguing we can go all in next year and have a winning season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got it. No one opine on any moves the cardinals make until training camp.

Or should we wait until end of preseason so we know how players look? Maybe until trading deadline because we could trade for a bunch of guys. Nah let’s just wait until seasons over so we know how a full season unfolded. Well, that’s a silly idea because then we should just be looking forward to the next season, water under the bridge and all.

Wait, I have a different thought, if you don’t want to discuss any of the moves or the current state of the roster until training camp, by all means, don’t. No one is telling you what to do.
The Cardinals are doing exactly what they said they would do, so I guess I don’t understand the shock and dismay that people are experiencing. If you want to bitch and moan even before the draft, then feel free to do so. It’s always anyone’s prerogative to whine if they feel it necessary.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dunno. Maybe you could get your best players on board by expressing a clear and coherent plan so they don’t feel like their best years will be wasted.

You could also start building around the good players already on your roster instead of basically starting from scratch with your injured, mercurial QB and almost literally 50 guys from Madden create-a-player
And who’s to say that MOJG haven’t already expressed a clear and coherent plan to get their best players on board? Maybe their so called best players just aren’t willing to adopt the change necessary to reverse the culture of this franchise? MOJG were hired to create the changes needed to avoid the bandaid policies of the past. With double digit draft picks a probability this year, it’s premature to speculate how this team will play this year. I’m just looking for a team that will improve as the season progresses.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh, make no mistake, we're definitely tanking. It may also come with a positive process change--I have my doubts as I don't think the plan is very good--but it comes with tanking.
Tanking is what the Cardinals did down the stretch last year going 0-7. If we get better as the season progresses in 2023, then it won’t be tanking. So, for me, it’s way too soon to call what the Cardinals are doing “tanking”. My only hope next season is not how we start the season, but how we finish it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
He's literally arguing we can go all in next year and have a winning season.
Yes NEXT year, 2024 for Gods sake, You are saying rebuilds take 2-3 years meaning we might be good by 2025 or 2026 and you somehow think that is acceptable. I showed you several scenarios where 1 year rebuilds happen but said I can accept 1 losing year but anything more than that is unacceptable.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You don't get better by letting good QB's, Edge's, Tackles or CB's go. I'm on the fence with WR due to the proliferation of talent nearly every year in the draft.

You can easily get better by letting good but highly paid RB's, Safeties, Linebackers and Tight Ends go because the positions often don't offer value. Which is why good RB's get released all the time. Smith, Edmunds, Edwards and now Devin White have all had to move on to get paid, as have several TE's and Safeties this year.
You made a post in a different thread earlier today suggesting we could get better by signing TJ Hockenson in free agency next year. Yet here you are saying that TEs don't offer value and teams get better by letting good but highly paid tight ends go, which describes TJ Hockenson.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And who’s to say that MOJG haven’t already expressed a clear and coherent plan to get their best players on board? Maybe their so called best players just aren’t willing to adopt the change necessary to reverse the culture of this franchise? MOJG were hired to create the changes needed to avoid the bandaid policies of the past. With double digit draft picks a probability this year, it’s premature to speculate how this team will play this year. I’m just looking for a team that will improve as the season progresses.
My evidence is that a featured all-pro player and team captain has asked to be traded. A guy who played through a broken collarbone.

What is your evidence besides slander?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Moving on from highly paid players that play at marginal positions is exactly how you rebuild. It's literally the definition. Along with aging stars getting past their peak.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. We’re already all but forced to trade our best wideout. We don’t need to put all of our good players on the block, even if they ask for it.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Literally every good player that leaves a team ever.

You think the Eagles let Javon Hargrave walk why? Or TJ Edwards? Why did the Chiefs let Orlando Brown walk?

I mean yeah, you can throw all sense to the wind and sign anyone if you really want. At the expense of overall roster construction.

I could go rob a bank, but the consequences stop me.

The cap is real. It's why teams pay people to manage it effectively.
They LET him walk away. If they wanted to pay him his asking price they would have.
It’s the exact scenario I was talking about.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Consider for a moment who owns the RAMS and the source of a few hundred-plus millions invested in cash bonuses, etc. to acquire and retain talent. The Bidwills could not compete without mortgaging their sole asset to the hilt and, in fact, a majority of owners can't compete financially with Stan Kroenke ($22B) and Ann Walton ($9B).
Then they should sell the team.
The Budwills have billions of dollars.
Crying poor in the NFL might be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard.

The Brown family is about to make Joe Burrow the richest player in NFL history and football is their only business.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My evidence is that a featured all-pro player and team captain has asked to be traded. A guy who played through a broken collarbone.

What is your evidence besides slander?
Your evidence isn’t evidence at all. To think that MOJG hasn’t spelled out plans to Budda is asinine. Based on Budda’s requests, doesn’t sound like he’s much of a team captain. Ever since we ignored his plea for VJ to be the new HC, he’s done nothing but whine. He just wanted more of the same old, same old.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard