Time to Burn It All Down

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys rag on Britcard way too much. He's got some goid points and some not always agreeable, even him and I have gotten into it.

Gets pretty ridiculous honestly.
Brit is abrasive at times. But he’s definitely passionate and backs up what he says with very articulate arguments whether we agree or not.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
IT. DOES. NOT. ACCELERATE. THE. CAP. HITS. TO. THIS. SEASON.

As I've said numerous times. It's the same next year either way.

Apparently I'm now invisible and people are arguing for multiple posts about something that isn't accurate.
If Ertz is cut before June 1st, it absolutely accelerates to this year. There's a bigger savings on the cap to release after June 1st, but the dead number is spread to 2024

You must be registered for see images attach

Same with Conner.

I'm completely in agreement both should be let go this year, I just think it's okay to wait until after the draft to do it...but before June 1st.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IT. DOES. NOT. ACCELERATE. THE. CAP. HITS. TO. THIS. SEASON.

As I've said numerous times. It's the same next year either way.

Apparently I'm now invisible and people are arguing for multiple posts about something that isn't accurate.
YES. IT. DOES.

The June 1st Dead Cap Rule​

PRE JUNE 1ST​

If a trade, release, or retirement is processed before June 1st in a given league year, ALL of the current & future dead cap associated with the contract is accelerated into the current season.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ertz is cut before June 1st, it absolutely accelerates to this year. There's a bigger savings on the cap to release after June 1st, but the dead number is spread to 2024

Same with Conner.

I'm completely in agreement both should be let go this year, I just think it's okay to wait until after the draft to do it...but before June 1st.

The dead money next year is the same either way. OTC is far better at this than Spotrac.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
The dead money next year is the same either way. OTC is far better at this than Spotrac.
They literally show the same numbers. If you cut him before June 1st in 2024 the dead money for Ertz is 4 million on OTC and 4 million on spotrac...same number. If you cut Ertz before June 1 2023 OTC shows 10 million dead and spotrac shows the same 10 million. The only difference is spotrac lets you select an individual year, but otc shows the full chart below, you just have to know which year...that's how I read it, anyway. Cutting him in 2023 before June 1st accelerates everything.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You can't sell something when it's broke and expect to get good value, Ertz is still broke af and is aging as we speak. I don't see anybody picking up the bill

As for Conner, he is literally the definition of average who averaged 4.3 ypc in a League that averages 4.3 ypc

Conner has a pretty average contract but I reckon a rookie could come cheaper and could effectively be just as average - so what evs

We can't even field a team as is, even in tank mode you have to have 11 guys on the field at all times. That being said I say kudos to everybody goes. If Monti wants to soak tampons in that highly flammable pink liquid and place them strategically around this atrocity of a roster and throw a Molotov cocktail at it so be it

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As stated above the only reason I wrote in all caps is because you either keep ignoring my point.

But maybe you’re not ignoring it. You simply ‘might not be smart enough to understand it.

A drinking game.

A shot every time Cheese questions a poster's intelligence.

You'll be at AA within a year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
almost Mitch like

Early on I was pretty sure Brit was actually Mitch in disguise but Mitch left and Brit is still standing strong:thumbup: so, maybe not

Also I think Mitch is a dick and pretty sure he wouldn't say that :)

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They literally show the same numbers. If you cut him before June 1st in 2024 the dead money for Ertz is 4 million on OTC and 4 million on spotrac...same number. If you cut Ertz before June 1 2023 OTC shows 10 million dead and spotrac shows the same 10 million. The only difference is spotrac lets you select an individual year, but otc shows the full chart below, you just have to know which year...that's how I read it, anyway. Cutting him in 2023 before June 1st accelerates everything.
This is correct.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My apologies. I read the cap numbers wrong. There is some dead cap.

For Conner it's inconsequential just $2m moved from next year and $10m to eat this year. You still have to put a team out and you still have to give the other players on the roster at least some belief that it's worth showing up on Sunday.

Ertz is different. It saves $4m on next year but he has a $3m injury guarantee that's kicked in because he's injured which isn't factored in so there would be $3m more hit somewhere.

The best thing to do with Ertz if we do want to get out of it is do what the Eagles did with us. Trade him after June 1st before the trade deadline.

Wait for someone to lose a TE to injury and make Ertz available. Saves $10m on the cap this year and only $2m dead money.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
my all time favorite western. great movie and I hate J W's politics.
My favorite of his is "The Searchers". Like Bogart in "The Treasure of Sierra Madre", it's Wayne's best acting playing a character which is not in keeping with the 'perfect' hero persona they are both known for (at least once Bogart was elevated past b roles in gangster films)

Reactions: TRW

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
For Conner it's inconsequential just $2m moved from next year and $10m to eat this year. You still have to put a team out and you still have to give the other players on the roster at least some belief that it's worth showing up on Sunday.

First: Mark the date that @BritCard admitted he was wrong about something after doubling down on it over and over and over again.

Second: LOL that James Conner's 4.8 YPC are going to inspire the rest of the team to keep showing up on Sundays.

Absolutely hilarious.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First: Mark the date that @BritCard admitted he was wrong about something after doubling down on it over and over and over again.

Second: LOL that James Conner's 4.8 YPC are going to inspire the rest of the team to keep showing up on Sundays.

Absolutely hilarious.

I'd tell everyone to mark the date you were a complete tool bag but that's all the dates.

I think you mean 3.8 YPC, and it was actually a respectable 4.3 last year.

It's not about YPC. It's about leadership. Conner is a leader in the locker room. He's a guy that gets people fired up with his words and the way he plays. He gives everything on the field.

You need that on a football team and I'm not dumping it to save $2m next year even if tanking.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely hilarious.
I'd tell everyone to mark the date you were a complete tool bag but that's all the dates.

I think you mean 3.8 YPC, and it was actually a respectable 4.3 last year.

It's not about YPC. It's about leadership. Conner is a leader in the locker room. He's a guy that gets people fired up with his words and the way he plays. He gives everything on the field.

You need that on a football team and I'm not dumping it to save $2m next year even if tanking.
Can you both tone it down please :)

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
My favorite of his is "The Searchers". Like Bogart in "The Treasure of Sierra Madre", it's Wayne's best acting playing a character which is not in keeping with the 'perfect' hero persona they are both known for (at least once Bogart was elevated past b roles in gangster films)
My favorite JW movie is McClintock...to be fair, though, it was probably the 1st of his I had a chance to see when I was really little and I just like it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose