Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Am I wrong here? Is this a 2-year deal?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Even Gambo is calling it a failure. "Good organizations don't lose these guys".

You have NOBODY of any value on the D-line. Big talk about building on the lines, and this happens on the first day of FA? SOC.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monti and Gannon probably love the IDL in the draft.
So they let the 2nd best player on our team walk for less than what he's worth? So we can play a couple rookies? Meanwhile the 49ers are set at DL and just added another monster to the group.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. Jones was a horrible RIGHT GUARD, not RT.
Ok

Jones went from a liability as a pass protector in his first season as a starter in 2021 to a more-than-solid player at the position this past season. The switch to left tackle, after he saw most of his snaps split between right guard and right tackle the year before, saw him produce a 74.0 PFF run-blocking grade and a 75.9 PFF pass-blocking grade, both top-32 marks among offensive tackles in 2022"- Gordon McGuinness

Also, it's odd they didn't move Kelvin to LT then since she's started over 100 games there in this career instead of Jones who has never started a game there.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok

Jones went from a liability as a pass protector in his first season as a starter in 2021 to a more-than-solid player at the position this past season. The switch to left tackle, after he saw most of his snaps split between right guard and right tackle the year before, saw him produce a 74.0 PFF run-blocking grade and a 75.9 PFF pass-blocking grade, both top-32 marks among offensive tackles in 2022"- Gordon McGuinness

I hope he can take over at RT.

But the bottom line is we need at least three tackles, and Jones and Beachum can play both positions.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he can take over at RT.

But the bottom line is we need at least three tackles, and Jones and Beachum can play both positions.

That we can agree on. DJ has also only had 3 healthy seasons out of 7.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, we lost him for 15 million per.
I can see why Payton chose there. Look at that first day. That's two (better) years combined of entire free agency with MB.

We're going to pay Murphy, right?/s

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wow, we lost him for 15 million per.
I can see why Payton chose there. Look at that first day. That's two (better) years combined of entire free agency with MB.

We're going to pay Murphy, right?/s

I would think VJ being in Denver had a lot more to do with Allen's signing than Payton.

If Payton had signed up with AZ, VJ to the chagrin of many would be the D-C, and Allen would have signed here.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oof. Seahawks are going to be good assuming Geno's season wasnt a fluke.

Wonder if they are thinking QB. Maybe they pass on Carter.

Edit: Or maybe the Seahawks are hoping Cardinals trade down so they can draft Anderson instead.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
32 NFL teams have this same plan every year. Easier said than done.
It’s a lot easier to do it when you totally suck and your fans expect you to suck.

may not work but the risk reward is defiantly better when you are in rebuild mode.