News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been brought about the ole rumor mill around the media. I am curious, have you ever been a party to a team effort and if so, were you ever open to others, and if so, were you the dictator, I mean leader of the thinktank lol

Vice-president of a department with 150 engineers, and you have no idea the patience needed to manage that many egos.

Not that this is relevant to my earlier point, which is that Gannon and Co. no longer need training wheels at this point in their collective careers.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Andy Reid literally stood up in an owners meeting and begged someone to give Bienemy a chance as a head coach.

It’s not like difficult men with checkered pasta have never been given NFL head coach positions with less experience.

Like multi-coloured pasta. Will have to give checkered a bite. ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How about Shea Tierney? I like his work with QBs.

He only has 1 year as Giants QB coach.

This highlights the problem though. There are no hot candidates. It's just different flavors of inexperience.

I like that Gannon is running the show. Our last 3 OCs have been Clements, McCoy and Harold Goodwin.

I'm not counting Leftwich here as he fell into the role.

Leftwich is actually the only name available that has experience and still has some promise. Although I'm not a fan and he doesn't seem like a Gannon fit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope they take their time and get the right people. Most other positions are filled so don't rush it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He only has 1 year as Giants QB coach.

This highlights the problem though. There are no hot candidates. It's just different flavors of inexperience.

I like that Gannon is running the show. Our last 3 OCs have been Clements, McCoy and Harold Goodwin.

I'm not counting Leftwich here as he fell into the role.

Leftwich is actually the only name available that has experience and still has some promise. Although I'm not a fan and he doesn't seem like a Gannon fit.
While he was only listed as assistant QB coach with the Bills, he is credited with playing a major role in Josh Allen’s development. Quoting Buffalo Down, “Tierney has worked extremely close with Josh Allen during his time with Buffalo and is a noted contributor to the success of Allen and the Bills quarterback room.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy Reid literally stood up in an owners meeting and begged someone to give Bienemy a chance as a head coach.

It’s not like difficult men with checkered pasta have never been given NFL head coach positions with less experience.
Exactly. The idea that the NFL has somehow decided to draw a moral line at Bienemy, who admittedly had some ugly moments and allegedly ugly moments is laughable.

The fact that he has to go prove himself… with an AWFUL franchise, mind you… with an owner who basically kidnapped and pimped out women agaibst their will is unbelievably questionable as to the reasons why he gets zero credit.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m just glad that this will finally get to play out so we can find out once and for all if this dude really has it.
Nah… now he has to work miracles with a horrific franchise with very little talent on offense. That’s not a fair test of anyone’s abilities.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Exactly. The idea that the NFL has somehow decided to draw a moral line at Bienemy, who admittedly had some ugly moments and allegedly ugly moments is laughable.

The fact that he has to go prove himself… with an AWFUL franchise, mind you… with an owner who basically kidnapped and pimped out women agaibst their will is unbelievably questionable as to the reasons why he gets zero credit.
Reportedly he has been AWFUL in interviews. Would you hire an OC as HC who: 1) doesn't actually call the plays 2) interviews terribly ??

Not to mention he kind of has a sloppy look to his appearance which will also do you no favors when seeking employment.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So go ahead and tell us why he’s being persecuted.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nah… now he has to work miracles with a horrific franchise with very little talent on offense. That’s not a fair test of anyone’s abilities.
As much as I hate to say it, Washington has improved a ton. Rivera’s done a phenomenal job. There’s a lot more talent than you think. That team is a QB away from being serious contenders. They’re on here every week so I get subjected to a lot of them. I hate Snyder with a passion but if he didn’t own the team, I’d probably really like them.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is the concern, or rather potential problem, people being hired a step above the ladder for what we want them for. For instance, Petz has shown to be great with a QB, but then should be the QB coach and not exactly the OC and the list of possible premature upgrades goes on. Now Gannon I can accept, because I was seeing the possibility of an intense leader of men with the ability to manage a game and not exactly the DC

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Vice-president of a department with 150 engineers, and you have no idea the patience needed to manage that many egos.

Not that this is relevant to my earlier point, which is that Gannon and Co. no longer need training wheels at this point in their collective careers.
Was relevant to all your posts, and you gave me a clear indication with your response :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Reportedly he has been AWFUL in interviews. Would you hire an OC as HC who: 1) doesn't actually call the plays 2) interviews terribly ??

Not to mention he kind of has a sloppy look to his appearance which will also do you no favors when seeking employment.
Like Kaep has been awful at tryouts? People will say whatever they want to justify their decisions—especially under scrutiny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose