News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call it a hunch - he has been in one of the most explosive offenses, with one of the best offensive minds, and best QB's. Just being in the room for all of that makes you smarter. He is also part of game planning and has a call sheet for every game. Just feels like the dude should be prepared to succeed as an OC.

He is probably more qualified than many other people who get shots at OC for the first time or HC for that matter.

I am not in on EB for HC but OC...yes.

The guy has had over 15 interviews for head coach can’t nail one and he has never been a true OC just a glorified title.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
The guy has had over 15 interviews for head coach can’t nail one and he has never been a true OC just a glorified title.

True. Like I said, I am not advocating for him to be HC.

How many people get hired as an OC without every calling plays before? Heck, we might hire one.
How many people got hired from Andy Reid's staff doing the same exact role as EB?
I think he deserves a shot at OC.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
True. Like I said, I am not advocating for him to be HC.

How many people get hired as an OC without every calling plays before? Heck, we might hire one.
How many people got hired from Andy Reid's staff doing the same exact role as EB?
I think he deserves a shot at OC.
I think those interviews have probably revealed a lot about him which the fans are not privy to, but the NFL has possibly garner. His personality might be in question or after the interview teams might have concluded he is just a secretary taking dictation for Andy Reid. I have no idea what it actually might be, but bombing so many interviews is telling. I am curious though, and interested how he does if he takes the Commanders' OC job, but let them experiment with that risk and not the Cardinals with their young QB which needs to get back on track

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call it a hunch - he has been in one of the most explosive offenses, with one of the best offensive minds, and best QB's. Just being in the room for all of that makes you smarter. He is also part of game planning and has a call sheet for every game. Just feels like the dude should be prepared to succeed as an OC.

He is probably more qualified than many other people who get shots at OC for the first time or HC for that matter.

I am not in on EB for HC but OC...yes.
Dude deserves an OC shot somewhere else AT BARE MINIMUM.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would expect this is not allowed, but if I was him, I would risk recording at least the audio from one of his interviews, and take that to a professional in human resources and find out what he is doing wrong, because his limbo from being promoted is baffling to say the least

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes him deserve it? Because he holds a paper title of OC where pretty much everyone says AR is the guy.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I know it's easy to look at these names and ask why we would hire an inexperienced name.

But in 2018 Nick Sirianni was the 35 year old Chargers WR coach before becoming Colts OC. In 2019 Steichen was a QB coach.

Whoever it is will be Gannon's hire and I feel confident he's at least going to choose someone with the right character.
I just hope Gannon hires his staff based on the following:

He has confidence in their ability to carry out their assignments of the positions they are hired for.
He is confident the hired coaches have similar philosophies on what the identity of the offense and defense should be.
He is confident they will have open lines of communications between him and his coaches.
They have similar opinions on the present makeup of the roster and what the needs are for each side of the ball.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What makes him deserve it? Because he holds a paper title of OC where pretty much everyone says AR is the guy.

Just asking.

What is the difference in job responsibilities as OC for Andy Reid between Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson, and EB?

Last edited:

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Is anyone on Gannon's staff going to be older, more experienced? I think he could use some coaches like that but most of the potential coaches we're hearing about are on the young, not that experienced side.
Probably cheaper going younger

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just asking.

What is the difference in job responsibilities as OC for Andy Reid between Matt Nagy, Doug Pederson, and EB?

According to this DP was actually doing and partaking in actual real OC duties. From what I’ve read and seen EB never has??? Do you know anything to the contrary?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

According to this DP was actually doing and partaking in actual real OC duties. From what I’ve read and seen EB never has??? Do you know anything to the contrary?

I don't except for the below. What about Matt Nagy?

You must be registered for see images attach

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't except for the below. What about Matt Nagy?

You must be registered for see images attach
That’s the difference to me “not regular play callers” last I heard was EB NEVER HAS? If thats true why???

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
That’s the difference to me “not regular play callers” last I heard was EB NEVER HAS? If thats true why???

You can't tell me a guy who has worked under Andy Reid for 10 years, with Patrick Mahomes for 5 years, won super bowls, helped build game plans/strategy, and helped coach one of the best offenses in the NFL isn't more qualified than a wr or rb coach from the browns or lions that has never called plays before.

Ah...never mind. He just signed with Washington as OC.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
horse manure response. other Andy Reid OC's have gone on to not only get OC jobs elsewhere but HC jobs as well. If they were afforded the same treatment while "holding a piece of paper and everyone says AR is the guy", why shouldn't Bienemy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
horse manure response. other Andy Reid OC's have gone on to not only get OC jobs elsewhere but HC jobs as well. If they were afforded the same treatment while "holding a piece of paper and everyone says AR is the guy", why shouldn't Bienemy.

Like the article I posted stated Doug Peterson annd Nagy actually called plays at times. Where word is Birnemy never has. Why is that do you think? Not that it matters anymore apparently Washington hired him. Besides that aren’t you one of the advocates that past behavior should affect your job? So far EB has a DUI in his past and unwanted touching of a female… etc…. Smh

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Washington is such a crappy job imo. However, if the offense is just solid he'll get a job next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Doesn't EB have some violence towards women charges in his deep past? I'm not sure MB will be one to forgive in that area.

Petzing makes sense to me. He was the Vikings Asst. WR's coach when Gannon was the Asst. DB's coach. I bet they got really close over those 2 years.

Norv Turner was the OC back then and getting recruited to the Browns via Stefanski makes sense as well. Lots of play action. Lots of shot plays. Very little quarterback movement however so it will be something to watch out for.

I'd really love a Mike Zimmer in the background type hire as well. Maybe Asst. HC or something.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard