News and rumors of potential coaching staff additions.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't EB have some violence towards women charges in his deep past? I'm not sure MB will be one to forgive in that area.

Petzing makes sense to me. He was the Vikings Asst. WR's coach when Gannon was the Asst. DB's coach. I bet they got really close over those 2 years.

Norv Turner was the OC back then and getting recruited to the Browns via Stefanski makes sense as well. Lots of play action. Lots of shot plays. Very little quarterback movement however so it will be something to watch out for.

I'd really love a Mike Zimmer in the background type hire as well. Maybe Asst. HC or something.

Petzing has done most of his work under Stefanski who credits Kubiak for teaching him a lot. As you say, lots of PA, lots of bootlegs in a Westcoast offense.

He'd probably be my choice from the names so far too.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The guy has had over 15 interviews for head coach can’t nail one and he has never been a true OC just a glorified title.

Well, then I guess that Sirianni wouldn't have qualified as a true OC, given that he didn't call plays in his three seasons under Reich in Indy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, then I guess that Sarianni wouldn't have qualified as a true OC, given that he didn't call plays in his three seasons under Reich in Indy.
Correct… But he also isn’t/wasnt calling plays as HC in Philly. He could actually just concentrate on game management.

Wouldnt have Been my choice but it worked out for Philly so far. There is always an exception to every rule.

Tacticool Nerd

Veteran
Reaction score
Doesn't EB have some violence towards women charges in his deep past? I'm not sure MB will be one to forgive in that area.

Petzing makes sense to me. He was the Vikings Asst. WR's coach when Gannon was the Asst. DB's coach. I bet they got really close over those 2 years.

Norv Turner was the OC back then and getting recruited to the Browns via Stefanski makes sense as well. Lots of play action. Lots of shot plays. Very little quarterback movement however so it will be something to watch out for.

I'd really love a Mike Zimmer in the background type hire as well. Maybe Asst. HC or something.
Sadly Mike Zimmer was hired to be the Colorado DC with Deion Sanders. He was my top choice for DC too.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Correct… But he also isn’t/wasnt calling plays as HC in Philly. He could actually just concentrate on game management.

Wouldnt have Been my choice but it worked out for Philly so far. There is always an exception to every rule.

Then it's not a rule. ;)

And this was originally a joke response when someone pointed out an exception during a discussion.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EB had a checkered past, never called plays, and hasn't done anything beyond be a Reid answer bot. That type of gamble to entrust him on a whole new offense and leader of men isn't something that the Cardinals in a complete rebuild could have risked.

I wish him luck in Washington and hopefully he'll do well and position himself for a future HC position.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sadly Mike Zimmer was hired to be the Colorado DC with Deion Sanders. He was my top choice for DC too.
That might mean and probably won't mean nothing if Zimmer wants to coach in the NFL under Gannon who I believe was a protege of his... that USC OC job sure did not stop Kingsbury and I doubt being the heralded DC of Colorado U would deter Zimmer lol

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That might mean and probably won't mean nothing if Zimmer wants to coach in the NFL under Gannon who I believe was a protege of his... that USC OC job sure did not stop Kingsbury and I doubt being the heralded DC of Colorado U would deter Zimmer lol

And who says Gannon has any interest in adding a greybeard from his past?

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
And who says Gannon has any interest in adding a greybeard from his past?
Been brought about the ole rumor mill around the media. I am curious, have you ever been a party to a team effort and if so, were you ever open to others, and if so, were you the dictator, I mean leader of the thinktank lol

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I don't except for the below. What about Matt Nagy?

You must be registered for see images attach
I have been able to secure a video of Bieniemy from one his interviews, which might be why he has not been hired for a head coaching job
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Andy Reid literally stood up in an owners meeting and begged someone to give Bienemy a chance as a head coach.

It’s not like difficult men with checkered pasta have never been given NFL head coach positions with less experience.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson