Cards Hire Jonathan Gannon as New HC

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Simmons essentially said that training camp was way too lackadaisical. This was probably a major contributor to the teams undoing.
I attended 3 Kliff practices over two years, they were very boring and low energy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I attended 3 Kliff practices over two years, they were very boring and low energy.
Yep. A team takes on the personality of their Coach. No matter how much talent the Cardinals may have had, having KK running the show only meant that we would eventually crumble entirely. Exactly why his teams faltered down the stretch of every season he EVER coached. He was not process driven, he was results driven. That’s an a$$ backwards approach that is doomed for failure over time.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I have high hopes for JG. I see a guy connecting with his players not a coach bro. His approach worked in Philly.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Jesus could have come back just to coach this team and turn them into a football team like he turned water into wine and half would complain about his long hair and inability to say the F word.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm convinced that Jesus could have come back just to coach this team and turn them into a football team like he turned water into wine and half would complain about his long hair and inability to say the F word.

Who the F wears sandles? He seems too easy going to be a coach. Players can't live on bread and fish alone.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Personal note: these references to Jesus and fish and loaves comes right after the show The Chosen released its last two episodes - showing the feeding of the 5000.

My wife and I were extras in those scenes...got our names in the end credits...!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Sandals are ok... but with socks???... pulleeese
You must be registered for see images attach
There are sandals and there are slides

(those are slides)

You never wear socks with sandals and you always wear socks with slides, especially in hot or humid conditions.

Slides are the most comfortable and are easiest to put on during or after an injury. The material used for slides is usually a rubber-like foamy composite, when worn without socks you will literally slide around in your slide once the sweating starts, hence the socks

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score

I've started typing a similar sentiment several times. Ironic how the vast majority of us are wallowing in our mediocre and/or vanilla lives but we can spend all of this energy picking fly poop out of pepper, and analyzing every single bit of minutiae we see or hear - about arguably the best 50-100 candidates in the world, at their profession. Where does our enthusiasm for the game become hubris?

I saw this quote yesterday, and it struck me in a number of ways:

"When a hero stumbles, the cowards rejoice"

Not saying I don't have opinions, one of the reasons I come here is to learn and hear a diversity of opinions. It is just sometimes the surety of our criticisms seem a little over the top.

Back to lurking

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

(those are slides)

You never wear socks with sandals and you always wear socks with slides, especially in hot or humid conditions.

Slides are the most comfortable and are easiest to put on during or after an injury. The material used for slides is usually a rubber-like foamy composite, when worn without socks you will literally slide around in your slide once the sweating starts, hence the socks

Whatev... MrY rule... open toes, no socks. btw, I never wear sandals, I have ugly feet. I do however have a pair of "mandals"..
You must be registered for see images attach

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arians would both tear guys a new one, but also hug and hang out with them

i dont see this as an issue
Hopefully. Gotta be able to to both to be successful coaching in the NFL.

Speaking of Arians - he was on the radio last week, the guys on 98.7 asked him about coaching and the cardinals struggles. He said “coaching when you’re winning is easy, when you’re not winning is when it gets hard.” I think that was a major issue with Kliff, when we were winning the player friendly approach works, when things are falling apart you gotta hunker down. Which Kliff obviously never figured out

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Who the F wears sandles? He seems too easy going to be a coach. Players can't live on bread and fish alone.
Right? And I can't stand those pressers loaded with metaphors, like, just come out and tell us. Lastly, could he not go into a tantrum anytime there is talk about money during free agent signings in the facilities... btw, you tell me who else has 12 OCs, who? and I do not trust that Judas guy with the silver cap on the sidelines with Kyler Murray at all!

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Right? And I can't stand those pressers loaded with metaphors, like, just come out and tell us. Lastly, could he not go into a tantrum anytime there is talk about money during free agent signings in the facilities... btw, you tell me who else has 12 OCs, who? and I do not trust that Judas guy with the silver cap on the sidelines with Kyler Murray at all!
To be fair, I do like his whole "I will raise this team up in three quarters" mantra, he has been absolutely miraculous in the fourth quarter

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yup. Different is just different. Doesn't guarantee better.
Kliff seemed like a pushover in regards to Keim.

I see Gannon and Monti actively working and challenging each other for whats best for the roster.

As a coach? We'll see. Agree with Schrager that he seems more like a CEO type than Kliff. However, its going to be crucial that he hires a good offensive coordinator/staff.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

(those are slides)

I don't give a damn. Slides or sandals, socks are just wrong IMO. :D

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
Oh the summer time? Forget it JG. I just make sure to put odor eaters in the shoes and powder on my feet before wearing. These days that's the style even with dress shoes!
I started doing that even before the whole Miami Vice thing erupted, just felt better as a distance runner feeling the road without all that cushion and then that soggy sweat sound when I would hit about 8 miles during a South Texas summer lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard