Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Buffalo and Jacksonville are two teams who I could see making a run at Hopkins. The short term nature of his contract would be appealing to Jacksonville. KC may also be interested if they get bounced next week vs Cincy. I also would not rule out the Chargers.

Definitely an arms race in the AFC right now and Cincy's weapons on offense will have others looking to copy.
With his no trade clause, he's not going anywhere without a new deal, IMO. Do you think Jax is gonna pony up for him, after Kirk? He'll command a sizable amount more.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Jags have Calvin Ridley coming in.

I think Nuk wants someone who at least has a playoff shot so don't see teams like the Bears.

I think one of Pats, GB, Titans, Giants and Chiefs.
Are the Bears trading for a QB who can throw as good as, or better than, he runs?

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe trade DHop (only if we cant convince him to stay) to NE for their 14th pick. Then with that pick select Bijan Robinson for as our Kyler layup

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
With his no trade clause, he's not going anywhere without a new deal, IMO. Do you think Jax is gonna pony up for him, after Kirk? He'll command a sizable amount more.
I don't believe it will be length of contract Hopkins wants. He wants more guaranteed money over the next three seasons. With Lawrence on a rookie deal, they can pay that for three years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jags have Calvin Ridley coming in.

I think Nuk wants someone who at least has a playoff shot so don't see teams like the Bears.

I think one of Pats, GB, Titans, Giants and Chiefs.
Jags used Engram like a big slot WR this season. I think they would love the idea of running 3WR sets with Hopkins, Kirk and Ridley.

Agree on Chiefs and Giants. Not as sure of Tennessee. I think it's a big no for NE and GB.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buffalo and Jacksonville are two teams who I could see making a run at Hopkins. The short term nature of his contract would be appealing to Jacksonville. KC may also be interested if they get bounced next week vs Cincy. I also would not rule out the Chargers.

Definitely an arms race in the AFC right now and Cincy's weapons on offense will have others looking to copy.
So can we use a first (if we get on that high) that we acquire to flip to NO for Payton?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So can we use a first (if we get on that high) that we acquire to flip to NO for Payton?
Nobody is trading a 1st for DH he will be 31 before the season starts and has a tainted history with possible PEDS. No way in heck I don’t even think a second would be possible.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Nobody is trading a 1st for DH he will be 31 before the season starts and has a tainted history with possible PEDS. No way in heck I don’t even think a second would be possible.
However, if Payton can be had for 2, 2's (2023 and 2024), you can probably flip Hop for a 2023 2, to replace the 2 you sent to Saints.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he has more value than that to a team that thinks he's a difference maker
Not at that age I can’t think of anybody over 31 years old and history of possible peds that has pulled anything higher than that. Not to mention his recent injury history. But wishing is free.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think it depends on the team. The FA market for WRs is garbage right now. If you are looking to add a playmaker to get you over the hump, a late 1st for Hopkins isn't terrible for a team like the Jags.

That type of deal is what it looks like to maximize your window with a rookie QB contract.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jags only have 3 FAs who played over 50% of snaps but their cap space is a little tight.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not at that age I can’t think of anybody over 31 years old and history of possible peds that has pulled anything higher than that. Not to mention his recent injury history. But wishing is free.
You are accurate in your assessment... I think a third round pick will be the going rate

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I believe that D-Hop will be traded to Jacksonville or the NY Giants>
If any two teams would be interested in Hopkins I think these would be the two leading candidates. We all watched both teams in the playoffs and right away you could recognize what Hopkins could bring to either team in terms of helping their young QB and benefiting the other WRs on the team. Both teams are on the rise and the contributions Hopkins would bring to their offense is pretty impactful.

If Hopkins really wants out of AZ, I think both of these teams may be attractive to him if he wants to go out with a contender. I think Jacksonville is closer to getting to the SB however playing in NY may have an allure to Hopkins.

Other teams I think may be interested and Hopkins would be okay with are:
Dallas
New England
Baltimore (only if Jackson resigns with them)

Teams that may have interest but Hopkins may not:
Pittsburgh (help for Pickett)
Cleveland (reunite with Watson)

I read a couple of articles saying the Chargers might be a landing spot, however considering their WR room right now, I'm not sure how he would fit unless they swing a deal to get Hopkins and then trade one of their wide receivers. With Allen, Williams, and Palmer already there, I don't see how Hopkins would fit in and why the Chargers would be interested when they have other holes to fill.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If any two teams would be interested in Hopkins I think these would be the two leading candidates. We all watched both teams in the playoffs and right away you could recognize what Hopkins could bring to either team in terms of helping their young QB and benefiting the other WRs on the team. Both teams are on the rise and the contributions Hopkins would bring to their offense is pretty impactful.

If Hopkins really wants out of AZ, I think both of these teams may be attractive to him if he wants to go out with a contender. I think Jacksonville is closer to getting to the SB however playing in NY may have an allure to Hopkins.

Other teams I think may be interested and Hopkins would be okay with are:
Dallas
New England
Baltimore (only if Jackson resigns with them)

Teams that may have interest but Hopkins may not:
Pittsburgh (help for Pickett)

Cleveland (reunite with Watson)

I read a couple of articles saying the Chargers might be a landing spot, however considering their WR room right now, I'm not sure how he would fit unless they swing a deal to get Hopkins and then trade one of their wide receivers. With Allen, Williams, and Palmer already there, I don't see how Hopkins would fit in and why the Chargers would be interested when they have other holes to fill.
I think the alure of a storied franchise and coach like Tomlin would seem appealing to D-hop

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose