Cardinals looking to trade Hopkins in offseason

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
clearly Hopkins is frustrated with the qb play of Murray ( as seen by their sideline spat)

If he doesnt respect the qb play, he wont want to be here. Id trade him

they arent good with him and they arent good without him. Team needs to be rebuilt

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We should not be extending an aging star when we won't be contenders next year. Let's learn our lessons as a team.
What - create another massive hole for a 2nd rounder? I'm not saying that we shouldn't trade him period, but if the alternative is to pay Hollywood a Nuk like contract, I'd rather have 3 more years of Nuk.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What - create another massive hole for a 2nd rounder? I'm not saying that we shouldn't trade him period, but if the alternative is to pay Hollywood a Nuk like contract, I'd rather have 3 more years of Nuk.
Then be prepared to be saddled with a big contract we can't get out from under with a player who doesn't have it any more. These are the kinds of errors Keim made in the past. We need to move on when the player still has value rather than cling on for dear life until we're stuck with a bad deal.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Then be prepared to be saddled with a big contract we can't get out from under
why? Extending him will lower his cap hits.
with a player who doesn't have it any more.
Total fake news. Did you watch him this year?
We need to move on when the player still has value rather than cling on for dear life until we're stuck with a bad deal.
We don't even know the format of what a new deal would look like - again, the resources required to replace a top 10 receiver are costly. We've already tried once with Hollywood, and that's looking like a big fail. Why create more holes instead of just keeping a premium player around?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
why? Extending him will lower his cap hits.

Total fake news. Did you watch him this year?

We don't even know the format of what a new deal would look like - again, the resources required to replace a top 10 receiver are costly. We've already tried once with Hollywood, and that's looking like a big fail. Why create more holes instead of just keeping a premium player around?
You misquoted me. I didn't say he doesn't have it any more NOW, although he may no longer have it. I mean why would we keep a player around for, say, 3 more years when he won't have it THEN. And age tells us he likely won't.

We don't know what the format for a new deal will look like, but we can guarantee you that he's not signing for less money, and he will have a big hit for guaranteed money. So, sure, we can lower his cap hit this year by giving him a big new deal that will hamper us later, when I feel he won't be worth that much any longer. Pass. Get something for him while he still has value.

If we were going to be a contender next year, sure, take a chance and keep him. Considering our situation, I feel we would be crazy not to get a return on him instead. Again, the team has screwed this kind of situation up before. Why make the same mistake again?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You misquoted me. I didn't say he doesn't have it any more NOW, although he may no longer have it. I mean why would we keep a player around for, say, 3 more years when he won't have it THEN. And age tells us he likely won't.

We don't know what the format for a new deal will look like, but we can guarantee you that he's not signing for less money, and he will have a big hit for guaranteed money. So, sure, we can lower his cap hit this year by giving him a big new deal that will hamper us later, when I feel he won't be worth that much any longer. Pass. Get something for him while he still has value.

If we were going to be a contender next year, sure, take a chance and keep him. Considering our situation, I feel we would be crazy not to get a return on him instead. Again, the team has screwed this kind of situation up before. Why make the same mistake again?
Totally agree. Now is the time to get something for him.

The Cards will not be a contender next year. The Cards want to change the culture and DHop not wanting to practice isn't a good look for the new HC. It makes sense for both parties that now is the time to part ways.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
clearly Hopkins is frustrated with the qb play of Murray ( as seen by their sideline spat)

they arent good with him and they arent good without him. Team needs to be rebuilt
Hopkins gets mad quite often.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can that be with so many on this board saying that his QB “sucked”???????? Is that even possible.
Yeah, one does not equate to the other… star receivers put up big numbers with ****** quarterbacks all the time…. Especially when said, quarterbacks Key in on their star receiver, and just feed them.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
were you around to watch Larry Fitzgeralds career?

His QB nearly always sucked.
Exactly my point. John Skelton absolutely sucked & his stats tell that story. Murray’s stats don’t even remotely suck. And not even close.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you purposely choose reading comprehension as not being your forte?

He gave a perfectly valid reason. Good Lord.
Seems ironic that you harp on reading comprehension when he literally answered Shane's question about his reason to NOT unload him.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Diggs was just caught on camera yelling at Allen. It doesn't mean Diggs doesn't respect Allen or that he doesn't want to play in Buffalo.

QuebecCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We’d be lucky to get a 4th round pick for Hopkins. The potential suitors know the position the Cardinals are in.
We would also have to re-do his contract before we could trade him.
And what position is that?

The Cards are not forced to trade him and can restructure his present deal and get more Cap relief ($9m) than via a trade ($8m).

And we certainly don't have to redo his deal to facilitate a trade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can that be with so many on this board saying that his QB “sucked”???????? Is that even possible.
Not only is it possible, but if you actually followed the Cardinals and weren’t so delusional and trapped in Kyler fantasyland you’d know it actually happened before.

Or does Fitz getting 1300 yards and 7 TDs with Skelton and Kolb (QBs that most definitely sucked) not exist in your Kyler Can Do No Wrong zone?

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what position is that?

The Cards are not forced to trade him and can restructure his present deal and get more Cap relief ($9m) than via a trade ($8m).

And we certainly don't have to redo his deal to facilitate a trade.
We’ll see. I’m guessing we extend him and he remains a Cardinal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr