Assuming no Harbaugh/Payton, who do you want?

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryans is my top target. I'd look at Eviro and Ben Johnson as well.
The problem with not wanting Bieniemy, is that it is harder to find a qualified offensive coordinator, than it would be to find a defensive one right now IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really haven't got a taste for an untested guy. I could role with DeMeco Ryans but I don't see him coming here unless our GM comes from the Niners or is Rick Smith.

I don't think Frank Reich is a bad option. He was given sucky QB's and did pretty well with most of them.

Dan Quinn would be another.

And I like Brian Flores. Dude went 10-6 with Fitzmagic and rookie Tua at QB. Myles Gaskin as RB1 and and a bunch of scrub WR's. Then went 9-8 with much the same plus Waddle.

OP
OP
dreamcastrocks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really haven't got a taste for an untested guy. I could role with DeMeco Ryans but I don't see him coming here unless our GM comes from the Niners or is Rick Smith.

I don't think Frank Reich is a bad option. He was given sucky QB's and did pretty well with most of them.

Dan Quinn would be another.

And I like Brian Flores. Dude went 10-6 with Fitzmagic and rookie Tua at QB. Myles Gaskin as RB1 and and a bunch of scrub WR's. Then went 9-8 with much the same plus Waddle.
Interesting choice. I don't think he jumps right in and becomes a HC again. I think he has been blacklisted for now. I think he will have to become a DC at best and work his way back up.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting choice. I don't think he jumps right in and becomes a HC again. I think he has been blacklisted for now. I think he will have to become a DC at best and work his way back up.
I think he and Wilks are part of a lawsuit that names the Cardinals also? Not sure, but if so, I doubt he would even interview.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Josh McCown

/s
As a QB coach, I think Murray could learn a lot from him (not just x's and o's).

For HC, I'm down with Ryans as 1st alternative and Reich as 2nd alternative. (I actually think Reich would be good as an OC, if they hire another 1st time HC).

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dan Quinn
Sean Payton
Harbaugh

(But these guys want to set the culture which Bidwill will feel like losing control)

I think it is going to be Frank Reich and Vance Joseph as they are more willing to say "yes, sir, Bidwill sir"

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m leery of Ryan because he has a loaded and talented drop of guys. It would take us 3 years to acquire the same amount of talent. I don’t think he could turn this group into a top 10 defense for a couple of years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The problem with not wanting Bieniemy, is that it is harder to find a qualified offensive coordinator, than it would be to find a defensive one right now IMO.
Bieniemy has to have been passed over multiple hiring cycles for a reason. I think something isn't quite right with him.

The problem with any of us putting out names is that we don't know any of these people personally.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose