Hopkins Wants Out?

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
1. The body language between DHop and Murray is ugly. The confrontation on the sideline in Kyler's last game and DHop's tendency to not even return to the huddle are the outward signs. And DHop"s effusive praise of McCoy to one of the announce teams makes it even more obvious.

2. If Michael had not foolishly extended Kingsbury, there is a 100% chance he'd be fired on Black Monday. As it now sits it is probably only 99%. Both sides want a divorce; only issue is how much Kliff gets in the settlement.

3. Murray's contract makes him untradeable period. No amount of speculating or dreaming changes that reality.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think i have ever witnessed a poorer performance from a qb than Kyler Murray last year vs the Rams in the playoffs.

passer rating of 40.9 with 137 yards and 2 interceptions

Kyler is a junk time bum slayer.

If there is one tiny shred of a chance a team would trade for him you do it.

Also-- side note-- yes i agree he was effective until teams blitzed him and exposed his atrocious decision making
Did you miss the 2016 NFC Championship game where Carson threw 4 picks and lost 2 fumbles?

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont think i have ever witnessed a poorer performance from a qb than Kyler Murray last year vs the Rams in the playoffs.

Also-- side note-- yes i agree he was effective until teams blitzed him and exposed his atrocious decision making
Ryan Lindley had a 44.3 rating, in his first (and only) playoff appearance. Yes, better than KM.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Did you miss the 2016 NFC Championship game where Carson threw 4 picks and lost 2 fumbles?
i have that as a close second. That one may have hurt even more because of how good they were that year. Im fully convinced he was playing hurt ( finger/throwing hand)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
thats out of this world crazy.
Especially since you consider Lindley was signed off the street and didn't have an entire season with the team. It's a meaningless comparison and KM is certainly more talented than Lindley was but it is out there.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
This site amazes me sometimes.

If players are openly pissed about losing, they are bad teammates and want out.

If players are not openly pissed about losing, they are bad teammates and want out.
Spot on! Everybody are mind readers

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Especially since you consider Lindley was signed off the street and didn't have an entire season with the team. It's a meaningless comparison and KM is certainly more talented than Lindley was but it is out there.
KM is more talented than Lindley athletically --- no doubt.

I question whether KM has a better football IQ though

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley
Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley Ryan Lindley

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
There is a certain amount of Kyler derangement syndrome that has now manifested itself into Lindley comparisons.

It’s really okay just to say the kid had a bad year.
Somebody argued the playoff loss wasn't so bad, so showing that Lindley was better in his one playoff appearance was apt. Nobody put Lindley above Kyler, now. You know this.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lindley was better in his playoff game. Sorry not sorry.

Reactions: TRW

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Somebody argued the playoff loss wasn't so bad, so showing that Lindley was better in his one playoff appearance was apt. Nobody put Lindley above Kyler, now. You know this.
Someone said Lindley has a higher football IQ than a two time Pro Bowler and Heisman trophy winner.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sure why the heck leave nuk would be the icing on this beyond shiatty season
He gone, my dude. Why would he want to stay here? He's not getting younger, wants to get paid, and he wants to win. The writing is on the wall.

I'm pissed about it too. He's one of the most incredible receivers we've had here, and we've had some damn good ones. The franchise is failing these players, not the other way around.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
To be fair everytime there is a regime change within an organization high priced players become potential trade candidates. It isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Same reason people were asking about Brian Burns.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I’m reading it right Hopkins is still owed $22 mil+ bonus. That would all come due next year if he’s traded. I don’t see the Cards eating that much. These players want the big money but don‘t seem understand the implications. To eat that much bonus, I’d want 2 number ones which I doubt anyone would pay.

The money is paid. This is accounting under the Cap. The cards take a $22m dead money hit but add his salary ($8m) to their available Cap in 2023. As soon as it's known that Dhop is being shopped, the price goes down. It's a buyer, not a seller's market. The Cards won't get a #1, let alone two. If moving on is the plan, they'll take the highest bid and move on.

If KM is out for the first few months of the season, there's no compelling football reason to keep him at this point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'll never understand people obsessed with getting rid of our best players in a losing season.

The key is to keep your best players and surround them with better players. This team isn't going to improve taking a 1/100 shot on finding a better safety than Budda Baker; it's going to improve by taking a 3:4 shot at finding a better DL than Leki Fotu.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson