Hopkins Wants Out?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Tim Ring on 98.7 yesterday, after hearing a report about Hop hinting he’s done in AZ, reported he was told by a “reliable source” that Hop is extremely frustrated and is openly talking about getting out of AZ…

If true, can’t say I’m surprised at all. Whether it’s ownership, Keim, Kliffy or Kyler… or all of it combined. Sounds like he’s had enough of the dysfunction.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has playing with dysfunctional franchises his entire career.

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to play under another rebuild while missing his starting QB for half the season or even the whole season.

Not really hard to see his frustrations.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tim Ring on 98.7 yesterday, after hearing a report about Hop hinting he’s done in AZ, reported he was told by a “reliable source” that Hop is extremely frustrated and is openly talking about getting out of AZ…

If true, can’t say I’m surprised at all. Whether it’s ownership, Keim, Kliffy or Kyler… or all of it combined. Sounds like he’s had enough of the dysfunction.

1 catch - 4 yards in the last game.

With KM likely missing the first month or two of next season, it may be time to clean up the Cap (dead money) and look forward to 2024.

DHop ($22.6m)
Watt ($7.2m)
Hudson ($5.2m)
Jordan ($5.9m)
Kennard ($2.1m)
Hicks ($1.5m)
Green ($1.2m)
Gladney ($1m)

Last edited:
OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t want to play under another rebuild while missing his starting QB for half the season or even the whole season.

Perhaps… or, maybe he simply feels Kyler isn’t worth the wait… who knows…

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. He basically missed a full season here with injuries and a PED suspension. Then he fumbled away one game this year carrying the ball like a loaf of bread. Also, has Kliff ever looked like he knows how to use DHop in the offense?

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I just gave you my reasons on why Hopkins would want out.

I can continue to dumb it for you if you would like.

I can’t possibly dumb it any further for you.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, let's hope we can get a high draft choice for him. We are going to be in a major rebuild mode for sure.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can’t possibly dumb it any further for you.
What would be more accurate to you & pretty much everyone else here:

Playing under another rebuild with another revolving door of QBs & overall players across the team to the point the team won’t be even be competitive until 2025 due to how big of a hole the GM has sunk the roster in.

Or:

It’s big bad Kyler’s fault?

I know you have an agenda to push, but you probably want to be honest with yourself.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I'm guessing he's unhappy because he got one catch last week and zero guaranteed salary for the next two years.

If Colt gets DHop 12 targets ending with eight catches for 99 yards and a TD, this talk will go away.

Cards can trade DHop this season with a dead cap hit of $22.6 million -- it will free an additional $8 million in 2023. This is basically how and why DHop moved himself out of Houston.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Love Dhop but 2021 was probably his last year of peak production. This year he still tilted the field in favor of the Cardinals, but what will have left next year? Less.

We're not winning poop next year either, so it's time for us to find a new #1. It hurts to say so, but we should probably try to trade Hopkins.

WRs are one thing this franchise has been good at so hopefully we can have one in place by 2024, the next year we can realistically hope to compete for a championship.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Body language showed he is pissed off playing for nothing, he can't even say he is putting some stats on
Zero chance he stays here, i wrote about this after few weeks
Somebody said Hopkins is fine cause cause he is well paid...

Last edited:

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score

Playing under another rebuild with another revolving door of QBs & overall players across the team to the point the team won’t be even be competitive until 2025 due to how big of a hole the GM has sunk the roster in.

Or:

I know you have an agenda to push, but you probably want to be honest with yourself.
dude....Kyler sucks. Let it go already. He has doomed the franchise as much as the coach and GM

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Or:

In my world, I can see and accept your logic, but also see the logic in Kyler being the center of the dysfunction.

When Hop came to the team and agreed on his massive extension, what was different then from now? What was in place then, that could’ve made Hop feel the team was poised for success? IMHO, it was Kyler… I’m speculating of course, just as we all are in every thread & post on this forum. But IMHO, Hop may very well have come to the realization that the person he thought it was worth hitching his wagon to, ain’t worth it after all…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Love Dhop but 2021 was probably his last year of peak production. This year he still tilted the field in favor of the Cardinals, but what will have left next year? Less.

We're not winning poop next year either, so it's time for us to find a new #1. It hurts to say so, but we should probably try to trade Hopkins.

WRs are one thing this franchise has been good at so hopefully we can have one in place by 2024, the next year we can realistically hope to compete for a championship.
Agree completely on trading him. Next year is an absolute wash, and the year after is probably too late for him. On the flip side, I can fully understand his frustration and desire to want out. I say let's respect that desire and trade him for whatever we can get.

Unfortunately, WRs are not the one this this franchise has been good at, not lately. We have loads of failed draft picks and traded a 1st for a guy who is probably not a long-term Cards player, although at least we got another pick back in that trade.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This site amazes me sometimes.

If players are openly pissed about losing, they are bad teammates and want out.

If players are not openly pissed about losing, they are bad teammates and want out.
Who said this makes him a bad teammate? I'm not pissed at all for Hop wanting out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see why D Hop would want to go if he can get into a contender situation next season. He thought he was in one last season and then everything fell apart. At his age why go through another rebuild if you can get traded. Watt is retiring so one friend is gone.

Love the guy but if he wants out I think the Cards should definitely see what the market is for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave