Patriots at Cardinals gameday thread 12-12-22

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m realistic.

Kyler is an injury prone, small QB with a very big question now surrounding the thing that’s supposed to make him special… and will now likely make him him limit even more how much he uses that skill. Or what’s left of it.

That really sucks. But it’s a harsh reality that he’s short so he’s not a stand tall in the pocket guy and is now going to be a huge question mark as far as scrambling is concnerned.

Truth hurts. BAD. This team is f’ed for years now. The sooner they realize that and start acting accordingly, the shorter this horrific stretch of seasons will last.
So who’s gonna trade for a short QB that’s “injury-prone” & also has “film-studying” & “arrogant” problems?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So who’s gonna trade for a short QB that’s “injury-prone” & also has “film-studying” & “arrogant” problems?
No one. Which is why I haven’t said we need to trade him.

That’s a contract we’re going to have to eat. And it’s going to really hurt us for a while.

But we need to prepare for a future without him. Doing otherwise is beyond naive.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one. Which is why I haven’t said we need to trade him.

That’s a contract we’re going to have to eat. And it’s going to really hurt us for a while.

But we need to prepare for a future without him. Doing otherwise is beyond naive.
Gonna be much harder to actually do than one believes.

This isn’t a RG3/Wentz situation where you can get away with that due to them not getting paid yet.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
ACL is 9 to 12 months and that's been optimistic. Currently 6th in draft and lose to Broncos gets them in top 5. Does this team draft another qb? This freaking team is cursed.
I think they bring in a retread starter that gets released this off season. Wentz, Davis Mills ( you know Houston is drafting a QB ), Matt Ryan, Jacoby Brissett... someone like that. They will wait to see how Kyler heals and recovers, before drafting another QB to replace him.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-We’ve blown several games this year that we’ve led in the 2nd half
Tonight was the second (consecutive) game the Cardinals lost after leading (by 3) at the half.
They have also won two games that they were trailing at the half.

...dave

EDIT: As @JosiahLee pointed out, they also led the Vikings game for a few minutes in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I hope you are kidding.
Nope. My son, daughter and I all tested positive. Had to run to the doctors office right before the game because my little girl was sick. Let my son watch the game on my phone while at the office and he gasped when Kyler got hurt. ****** night for us all.

I find therapy in humor, so I will blame Kliff Kingsbury for our Covid because it makes me feel better

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Nope. My son, daughter and I all tested positive. Had to run to the doctors office right before the game because my little girl was sick. Let my son watch the game on my phone while at the office and he gasped when Kyler got hurt. ****** night for us all.

I find therapy in humor, so I will blame Kliff Kingsbury for our Covid because it makes me feel better
WOW, best to you and your family, TJ.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever therapy you need, my man. I hope your family gets over it soon and everyone back to normal!

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not my nature, reality is setting in, even for me.

By the way, I was in Phx last week and toured the Musical Instrument Museum. If you never been, I would highly recommend it. Soothing for the soul.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
By the way, I was in Phx last week and toured the Musical Instrument Museum. If you never been, I would highly recommend it. Soothing for the soul.
Good call. I live 4 miles from there and have been there many times. I have taken relatives from France and Spain as well as my grandchildren and Great Grandaughter and other family. It's a place all generations and nationalities can enjoy.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live 4 miles from there and have been there many times. I have taken relatives from France and Spain as well as my grandchildren and Great Grandaughter and other family. It's a place all generations and nationalities can enjoy.

King Louis IV piano in exhibition display..

In the presence of a marvel of unparalleled work of art...
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can make the argument that the Cards should go into next year assuming Kyler is never going to be their QB again.

Honestly, Williams is a taller Kyler Murray IMO, Great arm, good runner, not great pocket presence. Lots of stuff he gets away with in college he won't in the NFL. But absolutely elite arm talent and he's several inches taller so more room for error.

i think Murray will be back but I think the Cards have a tough decision. I would not be surprised at all if Colt retires, I would start McSorley the rest of the year just to protect Colt from hits, if he's ok with that. Then try to convince him to play next year with the idea he holds it down until Kyler is ready. But I kind of think he retires. So then you have to find a bridge until Kyler can play.

If that Bridge is 4 games you are ok, if it's 8-10 games you might as well tank.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am really starting to question McBride's heart in playing the game, especially after seeing him in Conner's TD run. You can see that he just walked away and looked while Conner was pushing for the endzone and was tackled by 4 defenders. In the video below you can get a closer look from 0:27' to 0:31', McBride just side-pushed a Patriots' DB who was not even engaging in the pile, jumped sideways, and walked away, while looking at other Linemen (especially Ford and Garcia, who are no world beater either) keeping pushing the pile. Seems like a voice "hell no, I don't want any part of these" played in his mind.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose