Our franchise QB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep, our coaches were ridiculous in that game.

As I said, I'm not commenting on Kyler's injury, other than to say he's injured way too often. My comment was reserved for the notion that mobile QBs can't play injured and still win.
So we should consider the one standout example that’s constantly talked about because it was an anomaly as the standard? You’re better than that stout.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Andy Dalton dominated that same Rams team today. Well, same Defense at least, Rams had Stafford back until he got hurt again.
Dalton is better than Colt, no surprise he tore up that Rams team. I still don't think Kyler would have done it and that isn't a contradiction because Dalton's been better than Kyler so far this year. Better QBR average and only one fewer touchdown despite four fewer starts.

10 weeks into the season and Kyler is officially below the Dalton line.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dalton is better than Colt, no surprise he tore up that Rams team. I still don't think Kyler would have done it and that isn't a contradiction because Dalton's been better than Kyler so far this year. Better QBR average and only one fewer touchdown despite four fewer starts.

10 weeks into the season and Kyler is officially below the Dalton line.
But just spanked Dalton recently so… and QBR doesn’t tell the story to any QB much of the time…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So we should consider the one standout example that’s constantly talked about because it was an anomaly as the standard? You’re better than that stout.
I think you're getting defensive and lashing out, Ouchie. I'm not saying it is the standard, if you want to check again. I'm saying it can happen. And I'm not commenting on the Kyler situ at all.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I don’t mind Kyler not playing. If Colt’s got Hop out there with him, gives us another data point to determine who is the bigger problem on the offense, Kliff or Kyler. (Not that it really matters as we’ll prob find a way to win 2 more games this season, meaning both will be back on the sidelines next year).

Same. I'm actually relieved Colt is playing. I just felt the offense ran much better last week and we have more chance to win, but also this gives us more of a sample size to compare with Kyler.

I'd be happier if Hollywood was playing though with Ertz out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think you're getting defensive and lashing out, Ouchie. I'm not saying it is the standard, if you want to check again. I'm saying it can happen. And I'm not commenting on the Kyler situ at all.
Lol. I don’t even care all that much about this conversation because I think none of us know much beyond kyler is stinking it up this season and I think kliff is a bad head coach. So “defensive” and “lashing out?” Ooookaaaay.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
To answer the original question, our franchise QB is becoming more of a liability. Running is what makes him dangerous yet we can't risk running him because he is fragile. Kyler being out, should, cost us games. However, his inability to be special from the pocket also costs us games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To answer the original question, our franchise QB is becoming more of a liability. Running is what makes him dangerous yet we can't risk running him because he is fragile. Kyler being out, should, cost us games. However, his inability to be special from the pocket also costs us games.
This is clearly wrong considering we have many designed run plays for him throughout the years.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Factual…. He was his healthiest before he started bulking up as you already pointed out. And he actually ran back then as opposed to being afraid to doing it now most of the time.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Lol. I don’t even care all that much about this conversation because I think none of us know much beyond kyler is stinking it up this season and I think kliff is a bad head coach. So “defensive” and “lashing out?” Ooookaaaay.
Coming hard at me with a "you're better than that" when I wasn't even arguing with you? I think other posters have riled you and, yes, you just snipped for no reason at me. S'okay though, I have thick skin and, well, have been known to do the same :thumbup:

urs

All Star
Reaction score
“Many” is over stated he hasen’t run near as much the last 2 seasons
This isn't accurate. He rushed a TON his 2nd season, but the current season ranks as his 2nd highest in attempts per game, over his 4 years.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not accurate
It is accurate. If you want to quote a different stat like rushes per game, you can, but that isn't what I was referring to and said.

Disagreeing with that stat I used and stating that I am not using accurate stats are two different things.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
It is accurate. If you want to quote a different stat like rushes per game, you can, but that isn't what I was referring to and said.

Disagreeing with that stat I used and stating that I am not using accurate stats are two different things.
The fact is he's rushing almost as much as he ever has. Get it together.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact is he's rushing almost as much as he ever has. Get it together.

Not designed runs no way… maybe panicking and scrambling but designed runs were used way more often in years one and two.

Heck the last two season multi convos on “where are all the designed runs we used to do”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
“Many” is over stated he hasen’t run near as much the last 2 seasons.
Do you want to retract that statement or are you going to make me look up how many runs per game kyler has and where that ranks in the nfl each season?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Do you want to retract that statement or are you going to make me look up how many runs per game kyler has and where that ranks in the nfl each season?
Rush per game for Kyler is 6.2 this season and last which is more than his rookie year and less than his second year. No idea where it ranks amongst other QBs.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No I’m good I’m not talking about his unnecessary panicked scrambles which he does more of now.

Look up amount of designed runs this year compared to his first two seasons if it’s possible and let me know what you find. If it’s on par or close I’ll eat some crow.

I’m betting it’s far less.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Coming hard at me with a "you're better than that" when I wasn't even arguing with you? I think other posters have riled you and, yes, you just snipped for no reason at me. S'okay though, I have thick skin and, well, have been known to do the same :thumbup:
I don’t use “you’re better than this” as an attack but rather I expect better arguments from you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA