Locker room talk, after the Eagles game. 10/9/22

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if he get's the first down, so what? They spike it and it's second down. There were 20 seconds left, and they're out of time outs. The get a two more plays, maybe one at most which could have been run in the middle of the field. With the defense playing back you want to take some shots into the endzone?

Do you really think that kicker was a lock to make if from 33 instead of 43?

I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play, it was, although the run itself did pick up, what, 8 or 10 yards. But saying that play lost us the game isn't fair.

And @Stout, I saw K1 stand in the pocket and take some shots while delivering the ball today, so you calling him a coward and whatever is bs.

So what? Having two more plays easily to possibly gain another 10 or 15 yards could make a huge difference for that kicker….. smh

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That guy was going to miss from 33 or 23 just like he missed from 43, that's what I'm saying. He had no shot.

That’s bunk… that same exact kick from 10 yards closer goes through the uprights plus it puts any kicker More at ease… but you’ll defend Kyler no matter what he does it’s laughable.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
That’s bunk… that same exact kid from 10 yards closer goes through the uprights plus it puts any kicker More at ease… but you’ll defend Kyler no matter what he does it’s laughable.

Those settling for Kyler Murray‘s performance today are fooling themselves. Sadly

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kliff ...wow:
"Yes, we had 42 seconds and we were moving well, but a tie is what we wanted anyway."

Loser mentality starts at the top…

I think you’re overthinking that I think he means to tie the game not to finish in a tie…..

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That’s bunk… that same exact kick from 10 yards closer goes through the uprights plus it puts any kicker More at ease… but you’ll defend Kyler no matter what he does it’s laughable.

Did he or did he not lead the team down the field for a 43 yard FG try to tie the game?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Omg stop. It was a great game that we could have won. You guys are insane. You guys said we were going to get blasted. Blown out. Destroyed. And we have a backup kicker who choked. Hey us 3-3 and we get Dhop
Back we will be good. Hollywood is good!!! We can run the ball. Our defense is much better. This game came down to plays we just didn’t make and they did. The INT we dropped and the INT shot in the end zone. The wide open ertz. The plays before the half. And the kicker who doesn’t obviously learnt from the 5 misses he had in warmups. What jackass would kick the same ball he did in warmups and expect different results. Jesus that is what bothers me more. I would have understood missing left. But he missed every warm up kick right. Jesus adjust the kick then!!
Since 1988

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM is a talent for sure but so hard for me to like. Ertz doesn’t turn his head around fast enough on pass to him and KM is pointing and whining about it for all to see on the field of play. KM misses a wide open Ertz way down the field with the game on the line and you see none that crap from Ertz. His demeanor has bugged me from day one. He exudes doubt more than confidence.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
KM is a talent for sure but so hard for me to like. Ertz doesn’t turn his head around fast enough on pass to him and KM is pointing and whining about it for all to see on the field of play. KM misses a wide open Ertz way down the field with the game on the line and you see none that crap from Ertz. His demeanor has bugged me from day one. He exudes doubt more than confidence.
Few more years of this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mentality should be going for the win with 42 seconds left and moving the ball well.
He clocked the ball TWICE on that set of downs. With over 30 seconds left. RUN A DAMN PLAY ON FIRST DOWN.

It’s called a HURRY UP.

I’ve never seen a team in hurry up mismanage they clock as bad as Kyler does. At least I’ve never eeen a QB with his hype make such putrid decisions during clutch, late game play.
Kliff ...wow:
"Yes, we had 42 seconds and we were moving well, but a tie is what we wanted anyway."

Loser mentality starts at the top…
JESUS. He actually SAID this? This is what I feared with the play calling and spikes on first down with plenty of time left. But to admit this?

This guy is a freaking loser. Period.

Even though we won that Hail Mary Game against Buffalo two years ago, I still came away more impressed with the Bills coach and his mentality at the end of that game was why. We had just take a 3 point lead and he had Buffalo driving and with 30 seconds left was in FG range. Did he clam up and go conservative for the tie? Nope. He ATTACKED and Allen threw a laser beam for a 25 yard TD with 20 seconds left.

Stiff no doubt clams up and goes conservative. We saw that two years ago in games against Miami and NE where the SECOND we got barley into FG range, he shut the offense down and forced our kicker to make longer kicks than needed instead of GOING FOR THE W.

He is a such a damn loser.

BOTH of our “leaders” on the field and on the sideline are still the exact same guys they were 2 years ago. Zero growth whatsoever. Making the same damn mistakes, yer somehow being rewarded for them.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think you’re overthinking that I think he means to tie the game not to finish in a tie…..
It’s still not the right mentality when you are letting the game ride on a street free agent kicker. Eagles also had one, and I didn’t think his FG from 20 something yards was an auto make in that circumstance.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
So if he get's the first down, so what? They spike it and it's second down. There were 20 seconds left, and they're out of time outs. The get a two more plays, maybe one at most which could have been run in the middle of the field. With the defense playing back you want to take some shots into the endzone?

Do you really think that kicker was a lock to make if from 33 instead of 43?

I'm not saying it wasn't a bad play, it was, although the run itself did pick up, what, 8 or 10 yards. But saying that play lost us the game isn't fair.

And @Stout, I saw K1 stand in the pocket and take some shots while delivering the ball today, so you calling him a coward and whatever is bs.
More opportunities to win the game? Any other brain busters?

The way they were moving the ball getting one chunk play wasn’t out of the question.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the whole team played well, except Kyler.

O line were legit. Especially considering the injuries. D line did a good job. All receivers showed up. Run game was better. Defence was good.

I thought Kyler was a bottom half of the league QB again.

He only completed 4 passes over 10 yards while completing 8 behind the LOS. Missed multiple important throws. Stupid short slide and spike. Missed chance for TD before the half. Garbage in Q1 again.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought the whole team played well, except Kyler.

O line were legit. Especially considering the injuries. D line did a good job. All receivers showed up. Run game was better. Defence was good.

I thought Kyler was a bottom half of the league QB again.

He only completed 4 passes over 10 yards while completing 8 behind the LOS. Missed multiple important throws. Stupid short slide and spike. Missed chance for TD before the half. Garbage in Q1 again.
Yeah, you know, kudos to the offensive line. Well done, considering. The D still needs to stop being sucky to start games, but at least they limited it to the first drive, then locked it down. The last drive was awful, but still, held them to a low score.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, you know, kudos to the offensive line. Well done, considering. The D still needs to stop being sucky to start games, but at least they limited it to the first drive, then locked it down. The last drive was awful, but still, held them to a low score.

There is always going to be an element at the start of games of adjusting to the offense. Eagles started off with screen to Goedert and come backs to AJ Brown. After the first quarter we pretty much stopped both. In fact I barely heard AJ brown's name after Q1.

On the other side of the ball opposing defense have to do no adjusting. They know exactly what we want to do out of the gate and then end up having to figure out a plan B.

I'm not going to take any defense slander. I think they have done well, especially considering how young they are and that they have no top tier Edge rusher.

The offense has all the money and all the tools and has been trash.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you rewatch the play where Ertz doesn't turn his head, Ertz got bumped by a LB and his timing was thrown off.

Reactions: PJ1

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That last kick was reminiscent of the good ol days of Neil O’Shankoghue days in the ‘80s! Ugh

How does Keim sign a kicker who’s 2 for 8 on potential tying of GW kicks? Ugh

Stop throwing & handing the ball to Rondell behind the LOS early in games! Ugh

Ever since the Stadium name change it’s been a fiasco trying to win home games! University of Phoenix Stadium it is. Ugh

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If you rewatch the play where Ertz doesn't turn his head, Ertz got bumped by a LB and his timing was thrown off.
this is correct, and other officiating crews would have called illegal contact, especially when the ball went that way

also correct: Kyler needed a tick more patience and let Ertz take one more step into the zone