Cardinals Cut WR Andy Isabella, Sign C Billy Price!!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Not if any other teams have actually watched his film. He's living proof that being fast isn't enough to make it as an NFL WR.

You must have forgotten the first half of last season already.

At this point... you've gotta be kidding.
:bang:n
no Seems if they ain’t all world superstars for a nickel board hates on everybody, AJ is a hof reciever on the cheap! with gas in the tank did you see his average last year? System doesn’t fit him perfect, but who exactly does it fit Beyond Kyler and ahop and now brown.

Dhop is a cheat, yea yea yea rationalizations and excuses, if he didn’t have a clue it is even worse! Most talented receiver in the NFL needs to juice, stick that in your ear hole, AJ is not, first time he has been a 2, ever, he will be our difference maker, with connor, in the end we will need them, if cards become a difference maker.

we don’t need cheats, Sean Peyton is the worse ever in history, not that he dint know what he is doing, he does, but billing to hurt players, Nf pay bounty. Poor sport

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think we still could have gotten a ham sandwich for him.

Drats.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did our scouting department miss so bad though?

How does anyone's?

Remember back to that draft and I'm pretty sure Keim let Kliff have this pick. Which may also be why he hung around so long.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Keim let Kliff have this pick.
i dont doubt Kliff agreed, was enthusiastic about it, etc - but Keim is paid millions to be the guy

especially when the head coach at that point hadn't coached a down in the NFL

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Because we wasted another 2nd round pick on offense? We can't draft receivers?

I don't really believe this. First, anything past round 3 is a long shot. So guys like Hakeem Butler and Johnson don't count.

Yes, Isabella sucked. But Kirk is a good player.

Chad Williams sucked but Rondale is obviously talented. He can't help his usage.

John Brown was good. JJ Nelson was decent for a 5th round pick for a while. Certainly value.

There's good and bad. Like any other team you look at.

We talk alot about the Isabella pick but the Chad Williams one might be even more egregious. Could have had Jonnu Smith, Trey Hendrickson, James Conner, Eddie Jackson. That pick was nasty.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really believe this. First, anything past round 3 is a long shot. So guys like Hakeem Butler and Johnson don't count.

Yes, Isabella sucked. But Kirk is a good player.

Chad Williams sucked but Rondale is obviously talented. He can't help his usage.

John Brown was good. JJ Nelson was decent for a 5th round pick for a while. Certainly value.

There's good and bad. Like any other team you look at.

We talk alot about the Isabella pick but the Chad Williams one might be even more egregious. Could have had Jonnu Smith, Trey Hendrickson, James Conner, Eddie Jackson. That pick was nasty.
Everyone has blinders...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show me then. I'm going to guess if you look at the strike out rate by round for WR then we are pretty much around average.

There's a whole article on it here

Since you need what is right in front of you.

Andy Isabella
Chad Williams
Rondale Moore
Michael Floyd
Christian Kirk.

Of the 5 picks in the 3rd round or higher, Keim is 1 of 5. I'm including Floyd since he was Vice President of Player Personnel in May and the draft was the last week of April, which means he had to be in the mix. Even if you throw out Floyd, 1 out of 4 is a worse strike out rate than the league average. Throw in that the Cards had to trade a 1st round pick for a WR, knowing that they are either wasting the pick as a one year rental or will need to sign him to a mega deal when they already have D-Hop is glaring.

I do love that you are somehow trying to argue that Keim has been good at drafting WRs in particular though. It gives us something to talk about...