Our problems exist because of Kingsbury

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have been wrong, because I have defended Kliff many times if not directly. But this is not really a Kyler problem, and this is not a Vance Joseph problem... bite the bullet Mikey, because the money you would eventually make firing Kliff in the long run would outweigh the amount paying off his contract

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wrong, because I have defended Kliff many times if not directly. But this is not really a Kyler problem, and this is not a Vance Joseph problem... bite the bullet Mikey, because the money you would eventually make firing Kliff in the long run would outweigh the amount paying off his contract

Kliff is definitely a problem. But he’s not the only problem. Lol

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I feel like if you hire a young rookie head coach you have to be willing to let them grow, just like a rookie player. From that perspective i try and be patient because kliff is likable and seems smart/articulate…

So in a way i give MB and SK some credit for the commitment…but my patience is thin as well…

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Coupe of things finally came to.mind today, seeing Kliff and Kyler obviously not on the same page.... Is Kyler frustrated at the actual plays being called, or is frustrated at the confines of the game plan? He previously mentioned something about doing his job at running the plays that are called. Maybe he doesn't have the audible latitude we think he has. Maybe Kyler is actually seeing the game unfold differently than Kliff, but is shut down when trying to change or get different plays?????

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coupe of things finally came to.mind today, seeing Kliff and Kyler obviously not on the same page.... Is Kyler frustrated at the actual plays being called, or is frustrated at the confines of the game plan? He previously mentioned something about doing his job at running the plays that are called. Maybe he doesn't have the audible latitude we think he has. Maybe Kyler is actually seeing the game unfold differently than Kliff, but is shut down when trying to change or get different plays?????
We’ve been told he has the freedom to audible before?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
In not sure who is the bigger problem. I would lean towards Kliff, but then I recall how well the offense ran for 2 out of 3 games with McCoy last year who has far less talent. Then everything imploded when Kyler returned from injury.

so I'm not sure it's a simple "Get rid of Kliff and this offense and Kyler will be awesome".

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
In not sure who is the bigger problem. I would lean towards Kliff, but then I recall how well the offense ran for 2 out of 3 games with McCoy last year who has far less talent. Then everything imploded when Kyler returned from injury.

so I'm not sure it's a simple "Get rid of Kliff and this offense and Kyler will be awesome".
we did spank the browns last year when KK was out with Covid. Add that to the equation.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Idk who's to blame for the offense right now but I do know this, the offense KK uses is trash imo. The NFL has it figured out. I'm as glad as anyone we won yesterday but I see no creativity with this offense KK runs, it's easy to stop. Our defense won this game & it's not smart to depend on a VJ defense every week lol. So what does this say about the Panthers lol?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Giving the coaching job to KK is like giving the keys to your expensive 200 mph sports car to your teenage son and telling him to go out and have some fun.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff has his issues, many issues, but Kyler is why this offense has sucked.

It's clear as day.

You simply don't get blocks of play where all the play calls are bad, then blocks where all the play calls are good. That indicative of QB play.

Kyler plays bad, the plays look bad. Kyler wakes up and starts playing better, the plays look better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

It's clear as day.

You simply don;t get block of play where all the play calls are bad, then blocks where all the play calls are good. That indicative of QB play.

Kyler plays bad, the plays look bad. Kyler wakes up and starts playing better, the plays look better.
I do believe Kyler is at fault on the third downs going yard instead of taking the short yards for a first down. I highly doubt Kliff is telling him to go deep on third and four for instance on a continuous basis

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Draftee Quarterbacks don't come in as the finished product. Up to the coaches to smooth off the rough edges, educate them, hone their game, identify weaknesses and work to minimise them.

Eg Lawrence yesterday fumbling the ball four times in the wet. Becomes a project for the coaches to ensure that doesn't happen in the future.

Kliff is undoubtedly ok at some things but we need someone who can not just run a decent offense some of the time but someone who can put the finishing touches on the raw talent that is KM.

Kliff with an existing, proven QB would be reasonably successful (I think...?) but I'm not sure he is the one who'll help Kyler jump to another level. Is he a technical educator? His scheme seems to give Kyler freedom to utilise his existing talents to a degree and we've been successful at times but I'm not sure Kyler is growing / maturing his game or expanding his talents as we need him to.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of players yelling at coaches, but KK needed to be yelled at by Kyler yesterday. Week after week after week it's the same ol crap! Just waiting for the time when wasted time outs will cost us a game. That O is out there busting it's azz and the coaches' Denny's menu jams him up to the point where he can't decide on the next play. Utterly ridiculous.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

It's clear as day.

You simply don't get blocks of play where all the play calls are bad, then blocks where all the play calls are good. That indicative of QB play.

In Murray's defense, I noticed he is standing in the pocket more. When he played better, he calmed down and went through his progressions.

The plays are there to be made. The OL is actually pretty solid. The Panthers blitzed quite a bit, but the blitzes we're rarely effective.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lincoln Reilly (Sp?) seems like a VG HC.
We'll see come CFB playoffs. Big 12 wasn't very strong during Riley years so OU was cream of the crop. I think USC beats ORE and UCLA this year but get beat by either UGA, CLEM, ALA. Dude can recruit, he got a ton of transfers to USC so that definitely helped him.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The constant delay of game penalties are all on Murray. The mic gets shutoff 15 seconds before the play clock runs out. Murray has 15 seconds to get the offense setup run the play. There is no reason in the world not to get the play ran in that amount of time. I sometimes get the feeling that Murray doesn't like the play called in and wants to run a different play which results in these delays.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In Murray's defense, I noticed he is standing in the pocket more. When he played better, he calmed down and went through his progressions.

The plays are there to be made. The OL is actually pretty solid. The Panthers blitzed quite a bit, but the blitzes we're rarely effective.

Yeah in the 2nd half he did.

When he stayed in the pocket, trusted the OL, went through his reads and gave plays time to develop and players to get open he was far better.

He didn't do any of that in the 1st half.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Idk who's to blame for the offense right now but I do know this, the offense KK uses is trash imo. The NFL has it figured out. I'm as glad as anyone we won yesterday but I see no creativity with this offense KK runs, it's easy to stop. Our defense won this game & it's not smart to depend on a VJ defense every week lol. So what does this say about the Panthers lol?
To be fair, we played 3 of probably the top 10 defenses in the league this year. Now a top 5 next week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose