Our problems exist because of Kingsbury

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Kyler misses a ton of open receivers all the time. He seems to predetermine who he's throwing to before the snap... regardless of how the defense is lined up. He has A LOT of work to do to really read defenses and attack the weaknesses.

On the other hand, with KK, all you have to do is look at route trees and you'll know the dude is in over his head. The defense basically knows what's coming because the wr is always in the same spot, and basically runs the same route...every single time. It's remarkable. Couple that with no motion, no misdirection, and constant throws behind LOS. It's not a system that's sustainable for success at this level. In short...the issue is two fold, but Kyler would be much more successful, IMO, with someone who could actually scheme guys open and keep the defense honest.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our problems exists because of football.:violin:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Sadly we just won't 100% know who is the bigger problem between Kyler and Kliff until one of them is gone. Hopefully they can turn it around together, but I wouldn't bet on it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm generally not a fan of players yelling at coaches, but KK needed to be yelled at by Kyler yesterday. Week after week after week it's the same ol crap! Just waiting for the time when wasted time outs will cost us a game. That O is out there busting it's azz and the coaches' Denny's menu jams him up to the point where he can't decide on the next play. Utterly ridiculous.
AMEN!!!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is all true.

There was maybe one, with a late substitution that delayed Kyler, but nearly all these are on him. Not Kliff.
I think if you substitute late the defense has a chance to change personnel…and they don’t have to hurry.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Kliff just want to let you know when Kyler’s goes under center the entire stadium knows it’s a running play.
That is all.
Which would make play action work even better if he was smart enough to design something… freaking moron we need a real OC if they are gonna keep KK as HC!

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I just don’t agree with most of this.
Yes The plays were coming in late to Kyler, but he can seem very cavalier about time management himself. Can’t imagine him yelling at Bill Parcell’s or Belicheck. But maybe, think KK played for Belicheck for 1 down or something.

still say that little bit of balance by 3 headed RB - helped start our offensive engine. And time of possession was owned by cards in the 2nd 1/2 - our defense is built to be fast and splashy, not long grinding slug vests. We are tougher with watts, meaner too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tell you where Kliff frustrates me.

When we played the Panthers in Carolina 2 years ago, and again last year at home. Their speed kills his stupid screens and horizontal passing game. Both games the Panthers destroyed that stuff.

So why do it again? 2nd play of the game was a quick horizontal pass to Moore that lost 4 yards. Every one of them got stomped as usual but does he learn? No. No he does not.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's all part of the grand plan. We suck down the stretch of a season.... soooo what if we flip reserved that shn!t. Suck for the start of the season and then come good into the 2nd half and playoff run... it's a standard universal truth, the kids play it all the time and call it "opposite land". Now, which other coach in the league has that sort of outside the box thinking huh? KK is a crafty SOB

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
It's all part of the grand plan. We suck down the stretch of a season.... soooo what if we flip reserved that shn!t. Suck for the start of the season and then come good into the 2nd half and playoff run... it's a standard universal truth, the kids play it all the time and call it "opposite land". Now, which other coach in the league has that sort of outside the box thinking huh? KK is a crafty SOB
In other words we are in:
You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler misses a ton of open receivers all the time. He seems to predetermine who he's throwing to before the snap... regardless of how the defense is lined up. He has A LOT of work to do to really read defenses and attack the weaknesses.

On the other hand, with KK, all you have to do is look at route trees and you'll know the dude is in over his head. The defense basically knows what's coming because the wr is always in the same spot, and basically runs the same route...every single time. It's remarkable. Couple that with no motion, no misdirection, and constant throws behind LOS. It's not a system that's sustainable for success at this level. In short...the issue is two fold, but Kyler would be much more successful, IMO, with someone who could actually scheme guys open and keep the defense honest.

If you saw the pregame show last night for the MNF game. Steve Young was talking about the offenses for the Rams and 49ers and he said I know on Wednesday at practice they're going to have guys wide open on Sunday, you can see it in the scheme and in the practices. You just don't see that with some teams. I really felt like he was talking directly to me about Kliff.

He does scheme guys open at times yes, but when you watch the Rams and 49ers do it over and over the contrast is striking. and that doesn't even touch on the run game. Look at Shanahan he has absolutely no loyalty at RB, if you fumble you get benched, if the guy behind you is running harder or more effectively he gets more carries. If he were coaching us, Conner would be a short yardage guy period it wouldn't be 4 games in with him still starting

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score
We'll see come CFB playoffs. Big 12 wasn't very strong during Riley years so OU was cream of the crop. I think USC beats ORE and UCLA this year but get beat by either UGA, CLEM, ALA. Dude can recruit, he got a ton of transfers to USC so that definitely helped him.
*He can recruit on offense

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I feel like if you hire a young rookie head coach you have to be willing to let them grow, just like a rookie player. From that perspective i try and be patient because kliff is likable and seems smart/articulate…

So in a way i give MB and SK some credit for the commitment…but my patience is thin as well…
We are in year four . . .

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The constant delay of game penalties are all on Murray. The mic gets shutoff 15 seconds before the play clock runs out. Murray has 15 seconds to get the offense setup run the play. There is no reason in the world not to get the play ran in that amount of time. I sometimes get the feeling that Murray doesn't like the play called in and wants to run a different play which results in these delays.
Yeah this is wrong. They discussed it during the last game. Kliff is making late substitutions. By rule the defense gets some time to make substitutions before the center gets to take the ball. So that’s a LOT of delay before kyker can even get a glance at the defense and make calls/adjustments with little to no time on the clock. That’s a kliff problem. There’s a reason kyker was looking at the sideline and winding his arm for them to hurry up. It wasn’t the play call, it was the late substitutions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is all true.

There was maybe one, with a late substitution that delayed Kyler, but nearly all these are on him. Not Kliff.
This isn’t true. The commentators pointed out the multiple late substitutions.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kliff ain't handling personnel packages. That's handled by the position coaches.

At best we can say it's his fault for not having an OC, but then I'd imagine he's delegated the oversight of this.

I think James Saxon's suspension is being overlooked too. Generally speaking. Apart from it having an effect on the running game it's one less senior person on the sideline to handle things.
What do you think drives the personnel package? The play call. So if kliffs play calls are right at the end of the time available for the radio and it necessitates a personnel change which in turn requires the refs to allow the defens to substitute what do you think the result is and where do you the origin of the issue lies? I’ll give you one guess and the first four letters of his five letter name are K L I F.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyler audibled A LOT this past game. I remember seeing it at least a half a dozen times. There was another he wanted to audible TWICE, but couldn't due to the play clock expiring...
Yup. One was a play where the defense was stacked in the box, the play was a run, kyler knew it, wanted to audible, realized he couldn’t due to the clock, and just ran conners straight into a wall. It was obvious before the play even happened.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah maybe that one.

90% of these delay of game time outs the team is lined up and Kyler just doesn't snap the ball.
Nope. The commentators literally said the opposite last game. I’ve been watching now to see when the ref sets the ball. It is very often much later in the clock. Which means it’s due to late substitutions. Give it a watch this weekend. When we inevitably have to take a delay of game timeout see how much time was on the clock when the ref set the ball.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I dunno...I just read a reddir post that blames it on state farm.

apparently we are like 10-25-1 since the name change at home

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson