Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Gee… maybe if we had made the move before right before the season, he’d actually understand the defense.

Not that it would matter all that considering the intricacies of VJ’s terrible schemes. But at least he’d be available full time.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you feel like we accomplished that goal last Sunday against KC?
It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

There were at least 2 or 3 plays Gardeck beat his man almost immediately but Mahommes got rid of it before he got there.

I would give our pass rush like a C- in that first game.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gee… maybe if we had made the move before right before the season, he’d actually understand the defense.

Not that it would matter all that considering the intricacies of VJ’s terrible schemes. But at least he’d be available full time.

LV didn't want to trade him earlier.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

His defense seemed pretty easy for CBs. Put them each in man coverage and watch them struggle.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

There were at least 2 or 3 plays Gardeck beat his man almost immediately but Mahommes got rid of it before he got there.

I would give our pass rush like a C- in that first game.
Didn't we have zero sacks in the game? Even a C- seems flattering.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On Wednesday, Adams was asked about the style of defense Arizona plays and he encourages them to keep being aggressive.

"Anytime I get man coverage, I'm excited about that. So yeah, I hope they do that as much as possible," Adams said.

Adams has notched five Pro Bowls and two first-team All-Pros in his eight-year career. Many view him as the best wide receiver in the game at the age of 29.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm sure he'll be doubled but this week with the WR room beat up and the TE's not healthy yet you have to assume we're going to target Hollywood.

Also assume we will run but I said that last week and we didn't

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's becoming more and more painfully obvious that we really do miss Jordan Hicks. Say what you want about that man, but the mental lapses on defense weren't a regular occurrence with him on the field. He made his share of mistakes no doubt, but he was integral in softening the angst and irritation that Zaven's inability to get on the field caused us. Especially early on during that run last season.
Never a hicks fan but I was banging that drum all last season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t know that was our sole option for a corner once we lost gladney. Thanks for the info.
Yeah… It wasn’t like there wasn’t THREE months in between the time that Gladney sadly passed away and we even tried to replace him.

And honestly, Gladney was a MASSIVE stretch to begin with as the answer to our CB spot. I mean, our solution was a first round pick, who was cut after one year and didn’t even play last year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah… It wasn’t like there wasn’t THREE months in between the time that Gladney sadly passed away and we even tried to replace him.

And honestly, Gladney was a MASSIVE stretch to begin with as the answer to our CB spot. I mean, our solution was a first round pick, who was cut after one year and didn’t even play last year.

A 1st round pick that was cut after 1 year due to a bogus DV charge.

You missed that bit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They had 3 months to replace him. You missed that bit :)

I didn't, I just didn't need to repeat it.

I liked the Gladney signing. I liked him coming out and at only 25 and $3m per year I thought it was a smart move with tonnes of upside. Had he not died tragically this room would have been fine, especially if they still added Mullen. Four young CB's with a bunch of talent and potential would have been the best position this CB room had been in for some time.

But he did die, and by that time there wasn't much talent remaining. Gladney died on May 30th.

Bryce Callahan signed for the Chargers on the 25th.
Kyle Fuller signed with the Broncos on the 24th.
James Bradberry was traded on the 19th.

All before Gladney passed.

I'm looking at the transaction list after Gladney passed and there is nobody signed to any team that's better than what we have. Nobody of note.

I think Murphy, Wilson, Gladney, Hamilton and maybe Alford coming back (which we know they tried) is a fair plan. And by the time Gladney passed there was nobody left worth signing.

Those that are still sat on the couch are still there for a reason.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose