For You, Who is the Face or Image of the Arizona Cardinals?

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
You would hope. But it's also possible for that QB not to endear himself to the fanbase because of his actions. Perception is reality for many fans, especially the younger generation.
Funny thing, if you ask my 10 year old son who he likes better, Kyler or Mahomes, it's a resounding vote for Patrick. In fact, he keeps saying he's going to root for KC this weekend (even though I threatened not to take him, lol). That's a hard pill to swallow when you are trying to bring along the next generation of Cardinals fans.

Maybe that will be a trait of the younger generations to come, that their loyalty doesn't involve their local team, but rather popularity will be based on internet celebrity status on a more global scale. Got to admit that in this day and age that it is easier to follow and root for other teams and players. You can watch any team you want to follow on TV and internet now, so the borders have disappeared.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe that will be a trait of the younger generations to come, that their loyalty doesn't involve their local team, but rather popularity will be based on internet celebrity status on a more global scale. Got to admit that in this day and age that it is easier to follow and root for other teams and players. You can watch any team you want to follow on TV and internet now, so the borders have disappeared.
I grew up without a local team and therefore built loyalty to my teams completely based on relatively arbitrary factors. I'm 36. Ultimately, I think local loyalty will probably mostly be based on how much kids are able to attend games while they're winning. I don't know if I could shell out thousands of dollars to drag my kid to Raiders games in Vegas to watch them miss out on the playoffs, just like if I'd had a kid in 2016 and lived in Phoenix, it'd be a hard sell to keep them invested after never seeing a live playoff game.

Much more exciting things to do out there in the sports world, unfortunately.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I grew up without a local team and therefore built loyalty to my teams completely based on relatively arbitrary factors. I'm 36. Ultimately, I think local loyalty will probably mostly be based on how much kids are able to attend games while they're winning. I don't know if I could shell out thousands of dollars to drag my kid to Raiders games in Vegas to watch them miss out on the playoffs, just like if I'd had a kid in 2016 and lived in Phoenix, it'd be a hard sell to keep them invested after never seeing a live playoff game.

Much more exciting things to do out there in the sports world, unfortunately.
agree..growing up watching your home team win is a big factor.

But your wrong on those Raiders...wait and see.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Those strong bonds and feelings towards a player (or players) often come from playoff success

Warm feelings, fond memories associated with a player(s). Memorable, significant wins. What they do for your team on the field you pay back in support and love from the sidelines

That said, as an outsider/ newcomer to the sport I do find the level of player turnover in the sport incredibly high compared to other sports that I follow. Jerry Seinfeld's line about cheering for clothes makes more sense to me now

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah… I’ve got zero strong bond to almost any player on this team. I’m usually drawn to a Linebacker at least on D… the Jamir Miller, Dansby, even Reddick his last year and was hoping Simmons would follow in those footsteps. He’s shown flashes but not consistent.

Everyone else? Hop is a great talent who just comes off as another diva WR and a cheat. Kyler has all the talent in the world but the back to back season meltdowns/Approach to the game via his own words leaves me on the fence. Buddah is fine. Jalen… good player.

But it’s really like someone said above, there hasn’t been a great winning moment forged to get to the playoffs or get a win in there that really builds that bond between myself and players on team.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First, defining my criteria - players that bleed for this team, that love being a Cardinal, that give their maximum effort every game, every snap. Guys that will strap it on and give all they can give, even when their best might not be enough! Then there is one more thing; they have to be on the field often enough to make a difference. It's a short list.

These are the Cardinal players that have earned, and hence deserve the support of the fanbase: 1)Marcus Golden 2)Dennis Gardeck 3)Budda Baker 4)DJ Humphries 5)James Conner 6)Jalen Thompson 7)Max Williams

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut scene to Michael Bidwill's office:

Michael Bidwill: Hey coach, ASFN is talking about who should be the face of the franchise. Do you think it should be me?

Coach Bro: Well, Mr. Little B, I think that it should be someone else, like a leader on the team.

*Kyler pops head into the office* Kyler: Did I hear someone talking about a leader?

Bro: Yeah, trying to find out who is the face of the team. And it should be a leader.

K1: Sheeeiit, I think it should be me.

Bro: I said a leader.

K1: I lead this team. In yards passing, in getting sacked, in making the dough, so whaddya mean I'm not a leader?

Mikey: Okay guys. Seriously. Yes, Kyler, we know that you lead those categories. But we need a leader who leads by example. For example, I bought a plane for the team to use, so I should be considered the leader.

*Steve Keim pops head into office while holding a beer* Keim: What are you guys arguing about?

Bro: We're trying to figure out who the leader is on the team.

*Keim slowly backs into the hallway and disappears*

Mikey: Seriously, c'mon. I even changed the helmet for two games. I lead. I'm a leader. I should be the face of the team.

K1: I dunno, dog. You think you know what's going on, but I gotta defer to myself on this.

Bro: Anyone seen JJ?

K1: He plays on the d side of things. You know we don't care about that side of the ball.

Mikey: AS A LEADER, I PAID TOP DOLLAR FOR JJ!!

Bro: Yeah, thank god you did for him to cover all of his medical bills.

Mikey: Fine. But my dad used to own this team, and I think he would want ME to be the face of the team. Afterall, we're the oldest franchise in the league.

K1: Oldest team??? I never knew that. Then why haven't we won much?

Mikey and Bro in unison: Because someone doesn't study!

K1: Hey, don't gang up on me. I can only see what I can see.

Bro: Yeah, your check downs suck ass.

Mikey: Calm down you two. We have to work together for the next 15 years after your upcoming extensions. But let's agree. It should be me, right? I'm a lawyer and all that. And I have perfect hair to be the face of the team.

K1: You strange, dog. *Kyler grabs his gaming controller and leaves the room*

Mikey: Where's Kyler going?

Bro: I think he said something about phasing up his clan or something. That makes me happy that he's trying to study and bond with his teammates.

Mikey: I'll arm wrestle you. Winner is the face.

*Big Red comes into the office* Big Red: Birdcity beeatches!!!!! Caw ca-caw!

*Rotating dolly zoom shot of Big Red's head and subscript* BIG RED - THE FACE OF THE ARIZONA CARDINALS

:doofus:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cut scene to Michael Bidwill's office:

Michael Bidwill: Hey coach, ASFN is talking about who should be the face of the franchise. Do you think it should be me?

Coach Bro: Well, Mr. Little B, I think that it should be someone else, like a leader on the team.

*Kyler pops head into the office* Kyler: Did I hear someone talking about a leader?

Bro: Yeah, trying to find out who is the face of the team. And it should be a leader.

K1: Sheeeiit, I think it should be me.

Bro: I said a leader.

K1: I lead this team. In yards passing, in getting sacked, in making the dough, so whaddya mean I'm not a leader?

Mikey: Okay guys. Seriously. Yes, Kyler, we know that you lead those categories. But we need a leader who leads by example. For example, I bought a plane for the team to use, so I should be considered the leader.

*Steve Keim pops head into office while holding a beer* Keim: What are you guys arguing about?

Bro: We're trying to figure out who the leader is on the team.

*Keim slowly backs into the hallway and disappears*

Mikey: Seriously, c'mon. I even changed the helmet for two games. I lead. I'm a leader. I should be the face of the team.

K1: I dunno, dog. You think you know what's going on, but I gotta defer to myself on this.

Bro: Anyone seen JJ?

K1: He plays on the d side of things. You know we don't care about that side of the ball.

Mikey: AS A LEADER, I PAID TOP DOLLAR FOR JJ!!

Bro: Yeah, thank god you did for him to cover all of his medical bills.

Mikey: Fine. But my dad used to own this team, and I think he would want ME to be the face of the team. Afterall, we're the oldest franchise in the league.

K1: Oldest team??? I never knew that. Then why haven't we won much?

Mikey and Bro in unison: Because someone doesn't study!

K1: Hey, don't gang up on me. I can only see what I can see.

Bro: Yeah, your check downs suck ass.

Mikey: Calm down you two. We have to work together for the next 15 years after your upcoming extensions. But let's agree. It should be me, right? I'm a lawyer and all that. And I have perfect hair to be the face of the team.

K1: You strange, dog. *Kyler grabs his gaming controller and leaves the room*

Mikey: Where's Kyler going?

Bro: I think he said something about phasing up his clan or something. That makes me happy that he's trying to study and bond with his teammates.

Mikey: I'll arm wrestle you. Winner is the face.

*Big Red comes into the office* Big Red: Birdcity beeatches!!!!! Caw ca-caw!

*Rotating dolly zoom shot of Big Red's head and subscript* BIG RED - THE FACE OF THE ARIZONA CARDINALS

:doofus:
100/10

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I gotta go with Cortez. Heart of a lion. A true leader of men - unlike that overpaid gnome under center.

You must be registered for see images attach
The lady in pink with hat on is pretty hot :) just saying lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose