the "What Ended Season 2022?" thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns should keep Ayton they might be best served by adding a forward that can create his own shot.

I like this... better yet... especially if Bridges continues to learn how to get in the lane to create his own shot.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns should keep Ayton they might be best served by adding a forward that can create his own shot.
Bingo. They desperately need more shot creators on that team. Bridges CAN do it but just won’t consistently.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like this... better yet... especially if Bridges continues to learn how to get in the lane to create his own shot.

Bridges knows how to do it. He does it very well. His problem is he’s super passive. It’s not skill with him it’s all about having an aggressive mentality. A lot of times he’s content to stand around.

That game against the Pels is one of the greatest playoff performances I’ve ever seen from a Suns player then nothing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges knows how to do it. He does it very well. His problem is he’s super passive. It’s not skill with him it’s all about having an aggressive mentality. A lot of times he’s content to stand around.

That game against the Pels is one of the greatest playoff performances I’ve ever seen from a Suns player then nothing.

Another forward that could create would help greatly. It might become contagious. Another guard that could do the same would be welcome as well.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another forward that could create would help greatly. It might become contagious. Another guard that could do the same would be welcome as well.
If only we had someone the size of Ish Wainright to put out there.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please...the fans, the phoenix/metro are was and is still an area where people don't wear masks. They knew the ramifications of not wearing a mask, so spare that part. Besides the Suns didn't do anything wrong according the the rules.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two teams in the finals are from states with among the lowest death/hospitalization rates from Covid. Coincidence?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what’s a bigger mystery than the Suns implosion? Why the hell has the NBA taken THIS long over the Sarver investigation? It’s been 9 months. This isn’t Watergate.

Make the call before Sarver can make more calls this off-season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what’s a bigger mystery than the Suns implosion? Why the hell has the NBA taken THIS long over the Sarver investigation? It’s been 9 months. This isn’t Watergate.

Make the call before Sarver can make more calls this off-season.

The length of the whole ordeal leads me to believe that he'll be removed and they're making sure they can present their case and make it happen quickly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The length of the whole ordeal leads me to believe that he'll be removed and they're making sure they can present their case and make it happen quickly.
Could be. I just figured they were waiting until after the playoffs end so they couldn't impact viewership.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be. I just figured they were waiting until after the playoffs end so they couldn't impact viewership.

Realistically nothing is going to impact viewership the NBA train don’t stop now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Realistically nothing is going to impact viewership the NBA train don’t stop now.
What if the ruling is that there were problems in the organization but nothing that warranted a removal of the owner? And what if that same group that raised hell a few months ago because the league still had not dismissed that racist owner decides to make an issue out of it? I'm quite sure the networks don't want that problem no matter how it turns out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if the ruling is that there were problems in the organization but nothing that warranted a removal of the owner? And what if that same group that raised hell a few months ago because the league still had not dismissed that racist owner decides to make an issue out of it? I'm quite sure the networks don't want that problem no matter how it turns out.
Man… that would just be the worst of all possible outcomes.

That said, I don’t think any of the above does any kind of dent to the Finals. Ratings are sky high and this has been a pretty entertaining matchup with legacy franchises going at it. The NBA likely just doesn’t want (or need) to deal with that story until probably the doldrums of summer. Probably right around NFL training camps opening so it gets lost in the shuffle.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man… that would just be the worst of all possible outcomes.

That said, I don’t think any of the above does any kind of dent to the Finals. Ratings are sky high and this has been a pretty entertaining matchup with legacy franchises going at it. The NBA likely just doesn’t want (or need) to deal with that story until probably the doldrums of summer. Probably right around NFL training camps opening so it gets lost in the shuffle.
Maybe so if they were making the decision right now but I believe the call would have been made a few months ago while we were still a likely finals participant. It's just my guess but I think the investigation has been over since before Sharpton made his comments.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
there was another over-the-top, unbalanced, knee-jerk, "no excuses" reaction in the Covid thread today. i'm addressing it here because covid IS the missing piece -- the ultimate answer to the question, "What Ended Season 2022?"

"Why Did The Suns Collapse In The Playoffs?" COVID

and if they lost to the Pelicans a valid excuse would have been Devin Booker's hamstring!

did the Suns have other issues and weaknesses? PLENTY
Paul's age, lack of Ayton aggression and contributions from role players, Monty's strategical weaknesses, etc..
but every team has those kind of issues on and off.
the Warriors took our place in the Finals.
2 weeks ago, they were down 55 against the Morant-less Grizz.

the Suns won a record 64 wins this season with all their issues
and they got further last season with less because what they didn't have last playoffs
was a COVID outbreak

in the playoffs, you're playing the best athletes and coaches in the world, usually at the top of their game.
there IS wiggle room for dissension in the locker room.
there's NO wiggle room for stuff like hamstring injuries and pandemics!

as i already posted, even if physical symptoms were minimal there were significant physiological factors messing with their heads.
---a. is it ethical to play?
---b. how many others am i putting at risk? Especially if i play an aggressive, tight defense?
---c. if we win game 7, will we fall apart with players in protocol anyway in the Conference Finals.
and i'll add
-- d. the weight of wondering how severely they'll be judged or penalized for playing while infected

sorry if it conflicts with the narrative some fans need to sooth the wound
-- to say "screw them they're losers and would have lost anyway."
it's true they might have been eliminated by the Warriors anyway
-- but certainly NOT if Curry was out with a hamstring injury or the Warriors had a covid outbreak!

the harsh reality is that it's yet
another unlucky break for one of the few franchises in pro sports without a championship

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there was another over-the-top, unbalanced, knee-jerk, "no excuses" reaction in the Covid thread today. i'm addressing it here because covid IS the missing piece -- the ultimate answer to the question, "What Ended Season 2022?"

"Why Did The Suns Collapse In The Playoffs?" COVID

and if they lost to the Pelicans a valid excuse would have been Devin Booker's hamstring!

did the Suns have other issues and weaknesses? PLENTY
Paul's age, lack of Ayton aggression and contributions from role players, Monty's strategical weaknesses, etc..
but every team has those kind of issues on and off.
the Warriors took our place in the Finals.
2 weeks ago, they were down 55 against the Morant-less Grizz.

the Suns won a record 64 wins this season with all their issues
and they got further last season with less because what they didn't have last playoffs
was a COVID outbreak

in the playoffs, you're playing the best athletes and coaches in the world, usually at the top of their game.
there IS wiggle room for dissension in the locker room.
there's NO wiggle room for stuff like hamstring injuries and pandemics!

as i already posted, even if physical symptoms were minimal there were significant physiological factors messing with their heads.
---a. is it ethical to play?
---b. how many others am i putting at risk? Especially if i play an aggressive, tight defense?
---c. if we win game 7, will we fall apart with players in protocol anyway in the Conference Finals.
and i'll add
-- d. the weight of wondering how severely they'll be judged or penalized for playing while infected

sorry if it conflicts with the narrative some fans need to sooth the wound
-- to say "screw them they're losers and would have lost anyway."
it's true they might have been eliminated by the Warriors anyway
-- but certainly NOT if Curry was out with a hamstring injury or the Warriors had a covid outbreak!

the harsh reality is that it's yet
another unlucky break for one of the few franchises in pro sports without a championship
Paul caught covid last playoffs Game 1 and Game 2 against the Clips. What are you talking about the Suns didn't have to deal with it last playoffs?!?!!? Please stop with the Covid crap. It wasn't an excuse for how inconsistent they were the entire playoffs. You might be able to argue that it impacted them Game 7 but according to the story it didn't rip through all the starters. You and the media seemed to be the only ones pushing a narrative about Covid. Bottom line is the Suns have issues. They didn't finish the season strong, were wildly inconsistent the entire playoffs, had guys that normally play who couldn't get off the bench and the team really struggled with in game adjustments. IMO there were locker room issues between member of the team (players and/or Coach). This team isn't mentally strong. Unlucky break my backside.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
no, covid was "no excuse for how inconsistent they were"
nothing new. every team is inconsistent (like the Warriors. and, i might add, the NBA champion Bucks)

and even with that inconsistency the Suns were still one game from the Conference Finals.
if they had won one more game people would likely have been posting in the "Best Suns Team Ever" thread again instead of the "This Team Is About To Be Broken Up!"

there's a world of difference between Paul being out under covid protocol last year and the mental and physical aspects of as many as 6 Suns playing while infected

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no, covid was "no excuse for how inconsistent they were"
nothing new. every team is inconsistent (like the Warriors. and, i might add, the NBA champion Bucks)

and even with that inconsistency the Suns were still one game from the Conference Finals.
if they had won one more game people would likely have been posting in the "Best Suns Team Ever" thread again instead of the "This Team Is About To Be Broken Up!"

there's a world of difference between Paul being out under covid protocol last year and the mental and physical aspects of as many as 6 Suns playing while infected
First off Monty shortened his bench anyway. We don't know how many people were a-symptomatic and it wasn't all the starters. I call bull. You are just throwing out an excuse to make yourself feel better. This team had way bigger issues than Covid.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
issues that would have been dismissed like a fart in the wind if they had won one more Dallas game.
issues like in the Pelicans series and last season in the Lakers' and Clippers' series untill we dumped them

"winning cures all ills"
"what have you done for me lately?"

one day/week the Suns were the greatest, then they were the worst.
these days we all like to pick a side

they were great AND awful this season. mostly great. in fact, historically great for Phoenix

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
issues that would have been dismissed like a fart in the wind if they had won one more Dallas game.
issues like in the Pelicans series and last season in the Lakers' and Clippers' series untill we dumped them

"winning cures all ills"
"what have you done for me lately?"

one day/week the Suns were the greatest, then they were the worst.
these days we all like to pick a side

they were great AND awful this season. mostly great. in fact, historically great for Phoenix
And in the end, historically awful for the entire league’s history.

OP
OP

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, if you want to compare an entire historic season and 7 terrific playoff wins against 1 or 2 awful playoff games that may have been riddled with a virus whose #1 symptom is fatigue

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose