Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’ll be damn proud of them even if they lose Game 7? Different strokes for different folks. For me, It’ll be another in a long line of pathetic Arizona Sports collapses if our 64 win team loses in the 2nd round after taking a 2-0 lead by losing 4 of 5, 3 of those by colossal butt whoopings and a 4th at home in Game 7.

That’s nothing to be proud of… in my opinion, anyway.
Would you rather have what we had pre bubble? We have been the **** stains of the NBA for almost 10yrs...damn right I'm proud and ill run it back with the same team next year..no matter

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys to complain about in this series but Ayton ain’t one of them. He’s had one bad game and that’s because he was in foul trouble.

Max contract? I've yet to see him take over a game, ever. Yeah, so I'm blowing off steam. The loss Thurs night made me want to jump off a cliff.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
damn right I'm proud and ill run it back with the same team next year..no matter

i'm with you SDS. To have the kind of year we just had, with a great group of guys and to be within one game of the Conference Finals again is a beautiful thing to be cherished, regardless of the score on Sunday.

and, frankly, the lack of loyalty for Paul after all his given us these 2 years (including these playoffs) is shameful.

i, 100% believe he's injured and refuses to give up on his dream
but even if he was, suddenly -- as some suggest, just old and tired, i salute him and i thank him for his service.

and it would be a privilege to have him provide his leadership again next season with this same core group

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just curious
i'm with you SDS. To have the kind of year we just had, with a great group of guys and to be within one game of the Conference Finals again is a beautiful thing to be cherished, regardless of the score on Sunday.

and, frankly, the lack of loyalty for Paul after all his given us these 2 years (including these playoffs) is shameful.

i, 100% believe he's injured and refuses to give up on his dream
but even if he was, suddenly -- as some suggest, just old and tired, i salute him and i thank him for his service.

and it would be a privilege to have him provide his leadership again next season with this same core group
Hell yeah
How could I not be proud ? The playoffs are tough man. Barkley made it past the 2nd round once with us and we had some killer teams..Nash had what 3 conference finals in 7yrs? It's a grind man

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you rather have what we had pre bubble? We have been the **** stains of the NBA for almost 10yrs...damn right I'm proud and ill run it back with the same team next year..no matter
False choice.

I’d rather they actually SHOW UP and give effort everyone damn game. They’ve mailed in THREE GAMES in this series to an inferior opponent.

If they lose Game 7 at home, I can’t understand for the life of me being proud in the face of that kind of pathetic collapse when HEAVILY FAVORED not just to win the 2nd round but the entire thing. That’s not just accepting failure, it’s applauding it.

Just not in my makeup as a fan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious

Hell yeah
How could I not be proud ? The playoffs are tough man. Barkley made it past the 2nd round once with us and we had some killer teams..Nash had what 3 conference finals in 7yrs? It's a grind man
How could you not be proud? Fans of teams who win and demand titles would laugh in your face at being proud if we lose this series. And I sure as hell wasnt proud of those pathetic back to back collapses by Barkley either. Those teams were choke artists. You were proud of blowing a 2-0 lead in 1994 coming home and then a 3-1 lead in 1995 with Game 5 and 7 at home?

I was definitely proud of the first 2 Nash teams (and the last Nash/Amare team in 2010) because I think they overachieved and gave it everything they had WHILE losing to teams that were not just better than them, but either went on to the Finals (Dallas in 2006) or won them (2004 Spurs/2010 Lakers).

That won’t be the case if this team loses to Luka and the Lukettes. It’ll be worse than those two Rockets series. At least those Rockets teams won the Finals. If this Dallas team beats us, they’re toast in the next round.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
False choice.

I’d rather they actually SHOW UP and give effort everyone damn game. They’ve mailed in THREE GAMES in this series to an inferior opponent.

If they lose Game 7 at home, I can’t understand for the life of me being proud in the face of that kind of pathetic collapse when HEAVILY FAVORED not just to win the 2nd round but the entire thing. That’s not just accepting failure, it’s applauding it.

Just not in my makeup as a fan.
I totally get it man...it stings like hell especially living in this state and supporting all the teams since 1989. I mean it seems every team but the D backs is cursed and that year was unbelievable...still amazed to this day we won it all how it set up. But I can't trash this year's team no matter...not in my makeup as a fan

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally get it man...it stings like hell especially living in this state and supporting all the teams since 1989. I mean it seems every team but the D backs is cursed and that year was unbelievable...still amazed to this day we won it all how it set up. But I can't trash this year's team no matter...not in my makeup as a fan
That’s fair.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You’ll be damn proud of them even if they lose Game 7? Different strokes for different folks. For me, It’ll be another in a long line of pathetic Arizona Sports collapses if our 64 win team loses in the 2nd round after taking a 2-0 lead by losing 4 of 5, 3 of those by colossal butt whoopings and a 4th at home in Game 7.

That’s nothing to be proud of… in my opinion, anyway.
Yep. This ain’t little league where everyone gets a trophy.

Not at least making the conference finals would be a disaster/choke job.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s the bottom line… Game 7 is where Superstars are SUPERSTARS. This is a legacy game for Book… hopefully one of many to come in his career. Yes, he’s got CP3 who like he’s on his last legs, but this team is still more talented than Dallas. Issue is the rest of the guys have NEVER played a Game 7 before and i won’t be surprised if they have major jitters.

So, Booker MUST BE A SUPERSTAR if we’re going to win. That doesn’t mean he needs to force the ball and be a hero… he just needs to control the court. Play the best game of his life on both sides of the court. Set the tone. Lead the way and the others will follow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I’m starting to talk myself into some level of excitement for Sunday if for no other reason than to see if Booker has the stuff of legend in him.

He’s been fantastic all season and very good in the playoffs (although not GREAT), but Game 7 is where All-Timers make their mark. With Paul on what looks like last legs, I’m excited to see if Book has that in him to truly be the guy who can carry us a bonafide title contending #1 when Paul is gone.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Max contract? I've yet to see him take over a game, ever. Yeah, so I'm blowing off steam. The loss Thurs night made me want to jump off a cliff.

He’s getting 20 without any help from Paul. There have been no “easy” baskets. The pick and roll is pretty much non existent with Paul now.

And ever? He pretty much flat out dominated game 1 of this series and he had a game where he had 28/17 against the Pelicans in round 1. What are you even talking about

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s the bottom line… Game 7 is where Superstars are SUPERSTARS. This is a legacy game for Book… hopefully one of many to come in his career. Yes, he’s got CP3 who like he’s on his last legs, but this team is still more talented than Dallas. Issue is the rest of the guys have NEVER played a Game 7 before and i won’t be surprised if they have major jitters.

So, Booker MUST BE A SUPERSTAR if we’re going to win. That doesn’t mean he needs to force the ball and be a hero… he just needs to control the court. Play the best game of his life on both sides of the court. Set the tone. Lead the way and the others will follow.

This is the Booker game in my opinion. Like you said he’s the star this is where stars shine.

Now or never

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i don't mean to get all philosophical, but i do believe to focus on the destination rather than the journey is a misplacement of priorities and is not the path to fulfillment (just like it's more important what you do every day for money rather than how much you have at the end of the year)

i too have let my ego be attached to the identities known as Phx, AZ, Suns, and Cardinals but at least i know it's just a big lie to think it's important that they beat the other guy and his false identities.

i participate because these athletic challenges are great entertainment, and the more i like the characters the more i root for their success

-- but whether they won 2 or 4 games in last year's Finals, meant nothing really. it was a great ride

and to watch them win 64 games this year in some very exciting ways and see them enjoy that journey can not be diminished by seeing other teams step up and have their moments

that being said, now i have to go yell at the tv screen for the Griz to beat the crap out of Curry and Green because i really don't like them!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't mean to get all philosophical, but i do believe to focus on the destination rather than the journey is a misplacement of priorities and is not the path to fulfillment (just like it's more important what you do every day for money rather than how much you have at the end of the year)

i too have let my ego be attached to the identities known as Phx, AZ, Suns, and Cardinals but at least i know it's just a big lie to think it's important that they beat the other guy and his false identities.

i participate because these athletic challenges are great entertainment, and the more i like the characters the more i root for their success

-- but whether they won 2 or 4 games in last year's Finals, meant nothing really. it was a great ride

and to watch them win 64 games this year in some very exciting ways and see them enjoy that journey can not be diminished by seeing other teams step up and have their moments

that being said, now i have to go yell at the tv screen for the Griz to beat the crap out of Curry and Green because i really don't like them!
Look, I can enjoy the journey and have to it’s fullest extent. Like last year, even losing the Finals, I thought the Suns gave us an incredible journey. And this regular season was an absolute joy to watch. Literally… I had a smile plastered on my face for the entire journey… but It’ll just suck for the journey to end in a car wreck.

And that’s what a 2nd round collapse to an inferior Mavs team will be. Lose to the Warriors or Bucks? I can live with that and appreciate a great run. But for this to end on our home court to the flopping Mavs would just blow serious chunks.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Look, I can enjoy the journey and have to it’s fullest extent. Like last year, even losing the Finals, I thought the Suns gave us an incredible journey. And this regular season was an absolute joy to watch. Literally… I had a smile plastered on my face for the entire journey… but It’ll just suck for the journey to end in a car wreck.

And that’s what a 2nd round collapse to an inferior Mavs team will be. Lose to the Warriors or Bucks? I can live with that and appreciate a great run. But for this to end on our home court to the flopping Mavs would just blow serious chunks.

I get where you're coming from but almost every time something ends, it doesn't end well.

Reaction score
I break my silence cause I think I didn't write anything on the forum since last playoffs. But I followed all the conversations the whole year and from the beginning to the end of the RS it was an exalting journey. I hope the journey will not end this Sunday, not versus an inferior team (but with a young super super superstar like Doncic). I firmly believe that our Suns will step up big for game 7 to join the Warriors for a spicy WCF. We are the Valley!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this board was more optimistic when the Suns were a perpetual cellar dweller.

I believe game 7 will be the Suns finding their mojo and reminding everyone they had the best regular season in the league and had that position locked up for the final 2-3 weeks of the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All the pressure is on Phoenix, Dallas can play nice and loose. I don't have a great feeling about this game either.
Naw. From the outside it feels that way but it’s a game 7 for all the players. It’s win or go home for all of them. They all want to win. None of them are like “well, we were the lower seed, so it’s cool we didn’t move on.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get where you're coming from but almost every time something ends, it doesn't end well.
Naw… like I said, I was at total peace last year when we lost in the Finals. Same with the 2005/2006 Suns teams that lost in the Conference Finals because those teams gave it everything.

The team was favored to win the title and flat out haven’t even shown up to 3 games in the second round against an inferior opponent. There’s going out like champions and going out like chumps. We’re in danger of being chumps.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe this is the first game 7 of Book’s career, right?
Yup. That’s one of the things that worries me a bit about tomorrow. The Mavs have the tiniest of advantage there having played a Game 7 last year, which they lost. But they at least know the feeling. None of our guys that we really depend on have played that kind of game except CP3, who has looked like a shell of himself for four games.

Would be incredible for him to have a return to form or at least improve in form to help guide these guys forward tomorrow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup. That’s one of the things that worries me a bit about tomorrow. The Mavs have the tiniest of advantage there having played a Game 7 last year, which they lost. But they at least know the feeling. None of our guys that we really depend on have played that kind of game except CP3, who has looked like a shell of himself for four games.

Would be incredible for him to have a return to form or at least improve in form to help guide these guys forward tomorrow.
Eh we’ve played an elimination game and lost. Imo there’s little difference. Lose and go home is lose and go home.